A Missionary Homecoming

Monday night we were sitting there and I was telling Dan how LAME we are because we weren't celebrating the little holidays. I told him we needed to celebrate St. Patrick's Day because we both even forgot to wear green that day! So he obliged and we went to Chick-fil-a to get green ice cream!

I tried to get a picture but EVERY picture I took it just looks like normal ice cream.
Just know that it was actually green :)

One of the highlights of the week was when Dan made cinnamon roll waffles! He thawed out some frozen cinnamon rolls and cooked them in the waffle maker. Then he added some maple syrup to the glaze and we had them for dinner. They were delicious and I had been wanting to try that for a while. It made my day!

On Friday we had a safari day at work and it was so fun! We all dressed up, made the branch look safari like, had balloons. I borrowed my dad's bull whip that he got in Mexico for fun and everyone loved it! We had free popcorn so the branch smelled divine all day.




 
Our team is pretty awesome!

Right after work on Friday we left with my parents to drive to Idaho Falls to go to my cousin's mission call report. I'm so glad I don't live in eastern Idaho any more, it's so much colder! And the wind is terrible. We spent the weekend shooting guns, shopping, eating too much food, catching up with family and relaxing! Everyone was there and it was great to see everyone!

I saw this at Down East, sent this picture to Dan saying I neeeeedddd this. Haha who knew this even... existed?

The happy & engaged couple! 

Sierra and Sister Kelsey Bullock on Sunday before her talk

And these two random people :)

After church everyone came over for food which I definitely ate too much of. It was fun to see more family, friends and meet more people I haven't met yet. It was a good weekend overall!


Work Stories of the Week
The first one is sweet
I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT THE CUTEST THING EVER! Last week I had Thursday off and when I went into work Friday I had some mail waiting for me. What? I never get mail here... I looked at the manila envelope addressed to ME specifically (first and last name, spelled correctly), saw who it was from and was super confused. It was from some elementary school class? What?


It took me a minute to jog my memory but I finally remembered. Last month I helped this lady who wanted to exchange money for as many pennies as she could get. Her child's class was doing a fundraiser. Which ever class filled the most jar of coins would win a pizza party. They went with pennies because they're worth less but take up more space. Lucky for this lady I just got a BOATLOAD of rolled coin from a member and I had a ton of pennies. To me it was just another transaction and I was happy I had so many pennies for this lady! I come to find out in this card that they won! They won their pizza party (which is a BIG DEAL when you're in 4th grade), all the money went to their school and they sent me this thank you card. HEART MELTED. It's this just the sweetest thing! My eyes welled up with tears at work but I was just so happy and thought it was so cute and thoughtful. It made my week-heck it still is!


The second one is awkward
I have had my fair share of awkward moments at work. This one takes the cake, throws it out the window and lands on an innocent bystander. Yeah it was that bad. Two people walk into the branch together to do a transaction. The first person's name was one of those names that could go either gender like Jordan, Tyler or Taylor. Let's just use Tyler. I pull them up and see there's a note to call down to one of the teams so I do that and explain the situation.

"Hi Tyler here wants to withdraw from his account"

The I hear quite loudly, "HER, HER. I'm a SHE" This was Tyler correcting me.

I just called a woman a man. So as smoothly as I could I corrected myself and re-explained the situation. this person looked like a man, had a manly hair cut, lower voice but it was a woman. I was mortified that I messed up her gender. I was so SURE she was a man. Inside I was dying, just wanting to crawl into a hole and DIE. Ahh the awkwardness was so thick you could eat it for lunch. On the outside I was as professional as I could muster, finished the transaction, smiled and hoped they had a great day. On the way out Tyler thanked me so much and told me, "Have a great day hun!" so it seems like Tyler got over it and was able to forgive me. I'm assuming this happens a lot because she wasn't too disturbed or wound up about it.

Out of all my embarrassing moments in my life this is #2 now.

Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?

This is just the hardest question of my life! I felt like in middle school and high school everyone knew what they wanted to be when they grew up and I didn't. I've had such a difficult time in college narrowing my interests into one major. My dream job depends on the day and my mood. I have so many different interests that I have a hard time categorizing myself into majors and jobs. I mostly care about other things surrounding the job rather than the job itself. But if I had to list my dream jobs, here's the best I could come up with.

1. Baker. I love to bake and create and decorate sweet treats. If my job was to make cookies and cupcakes all day I'd be happy.
2. Dental Hygienist. My initial plan when I started going to school was to go to school for dental hygiene. I really enjoyed all the anatomy classes and think that I would enjoy this profession. We decided it wasn't quite the best thing to pursue right now because I'm so close to my bachelors in Public Health, that would be good to get, but I'm open to the idea in the future.
3. ICCU! If I could work for ICCU forever I would! My philosophy that I've recently adopted in life (which I actually got from ICCU's CEO Kent Orem) is that if you love what you're doing, keep doing it until you don't love it. Kent says he looks at his life every five years and asks himself Do I love what I'm doing? and if the answer is yes then he keeps on going, if the answer is no then he evaluates what changes he needs to make in his life. Right now I really love tellering! I'm going to try to keep doing that until it doesn't make me happy. If that leads to something else, as long as I still love it, that sounds good to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January