Brian, just answer your phone!

This week was weird. I feel like I say that frequently but this week was especially weird. Let's start at 4am. Why? Because that's the time I woke up.

I sat straight up in bed but I wasn't sure why. Something jerked me out of my sleep to violently that I was now awake, attentive and had adrenaline running through my veins. I don't know why happened but I'm listening. Listening for what? I'm wondering. Then I hear it again. A blood-curdling scream. Not just a yell or a cry but a scream of desperation. It's when you yell so loud that you body is shaking and your voice is coarse. My first thought is to call the cops, but I just keep listening. Someone was yelling a name. "BRIAN!" Who's Brian?

At first we thought it was some crazy outside yelling at a Brian in our apartment complex. The voice was moving around and we couldn't tell where it was coming from. After taking a peek outside we realize it's out neighbor that shares a wall with us whom we've never met. He is calling Brian and leaving loud, screaming voice mails on his phone.

(these have been edited but just know there were plenty of expletives to go around :))

"BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! I LOVE YOU! BRIAN! PLEASE AND ANSWER ME!"

"PICK UP FOR PHONE BRIAN! I LOVE YOU! JUST ANSWER ME!"

"ANSWER YOUR PHONE! PLEASE JUST PICK UP! BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! I LOVE YOU!"

He left anywhere from 5-8 voice mails for Brian. I wanted to call the cops and file a noise complaint but at that point I wasn't 100% sure where he physically was. I fell asleep for a bit but then was awaken somewhere around 5am.

"BUT I LOVE YOU! I'M GAY! I'M GAY! I'M GAY! I'M SO GAY! I LOVE YOU BRIAN!"

Over and over and over and over again.

I think I fell asleep again but awake to pounding at 5:45am. there was some talking, some wrestling around and some screaming but after that I was sound asleep. It was raining outside that morning so I skipped my morning run to hopefully get some more sleep. I'm assuming that someone called the police or the landlords because I'm pretty sure EVERYONE could hear him.Thin walls!

Some basically to sum up how I felt about this situation is that I just wished Brian would have answered his phone so I didn't feel like a zombie at work the next day.

Speaking of work, here is a work story for you!
I'm super good and flubbing up my words and combining phrases. They most definitely turn out awkward so here are some of the best of the best of things I've said on accident!

My pleasure! + No problem = My problem! or No pleasure!

Hi! How are you gooding?

Good morning + Good afternoon = Good mafternoon!

What can I do for you + What can I help you with = What can I do with you? or What can I do to you?

This week was busy filled with work and school but we finally had some time to do some fun things. One night I brought home dinner from Noodles & Co and the movie Captain Phillips. It was such a good movie! I was inspired to rent it after all the awards I saw it won and it did not disappoint. It was so gripping and had be physically shaking I was so nervous!

We also were able to go to dinner with some friends! We went to Red Robin and it was of course, delicious! Red Robin never disappoints. then the guys when to go watch a game and do their guy things so the ladies went shopping (duh! right?) and it was awesome. We went to the village and were able to walk around and look at everything which is something the guys really wouldn't have enjoyed haha! It was a great time!

Dan the Man also sprained his ankle this week playing basketball too
the swelling has gone down but it's niiiccceee and purple now!

I saw this beautiful view on my run one morning

And I tried my hand at making a German Pancake with homemade buttermilk syrup and it was delicious!


Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?
1. Seeing animals on my morning run. geese, squirrels, ducks, you name it, I love it.
2. The sun and warm weather! I really let the winter get the best of me and put me in a blues so I'm super excited for summer and tan lines.
3. Corgis. This doesn't need an explanation.
4. Baking. Baking something or trying a new recipe seriously relaxes me and I love it.
5. BWW Salt & Vinegar wings. I crave those babies they're so dang good!

Comments

  1. You crack me up. Gosh dang it Brian...answer your phone next time!!! And Corgis. No explanation needed. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I do feel bad for Brian though. Those voice mails were probably not easy to listen to! And yesterday one of my friend's little girl was dressed in an outfit that had corgis printed all over it! I freaked- so cute!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January