Running and Pee

I realized that I told everyone that I was starting a running program, which by the way is going great, but I didn't tell everyone about it! I'm doing the Couch to 5k program which is a well know running program to bring you from a 'couch potato' to a 5k! It's starts you off really easy and slowly makes it way up to a 5k (running for roughly 25mins) in 9 weeks. I'm starting week 4 tomorrow and it's still going really well!

You can find the 9 week training outlines here at Cool Runnings or here for a cool print out. This is something that anyone can do with a stop watch! Personally though for me, I like to use and app. I use C25K Pro because it was a free app of the day but there are plenty free ones like this one. I like using an app because I do better when I'm not puppy guarding a watch. The app talks to me over my music and tells me when to run and walk. I also have a setting in place to tell me when it's half way through and to turn around which is super handy so I don't have to map out my run. I don't know if the free apps have these features as well but it's an awesome program and all you need is a stop watch! And get this, I'm not trying to lose weight but I've lost 8 pounds now. I didn't know I had 8 pounds to lose but it just shows you how great of a work our running is!

For date night this week Dan and I went and played tennis. It was so much fun! I was ridiculously sore from it because it's been a while but it was worth it. Then we ate pizza and we watched Talladega Nights because I haven't seen it. I learned I wasn't missing much.

The next night was had the Wasdens over for a game night and it was super fun! I also made cookies and they turned out delicious!

I've been making lots of recipes from my new cookbook and they are bomb! I don't really feel like I should post them online (I mean that's why you buy the book right?) but I've found other people who have posted them online so here are the ones I can find!

Glazed Chicken with Corn Relish - Go easy on the chipotle peppers or else you will be crying through dinner like me. I used canned corn and onions instead of scallions. I also just used frozen boneless skinless chicken and it was still delicious.

Quesadilla Pie - This is like a quiche but better! I used just regular jalapenos because I didn't want to buy pickled ones. Also you can use any kind of cheese you want! And I used frozen chicken instead of a rotisserie chicken - what ever is easier! My tortillas were medium sized so I used three of them to make the crust.

Work story of the week
This week I helped one of our regular members with a transaction. She's older, uses a cane and is the sweetest thing. We got to talking and she brought up lunch time.

She asks me, "Have you had lunch yet?"

"Not, not yet, but I'm up next!"

"Do you want a pizza?"

"What do you mean?" I was super confused. I mean of course I want a pizza. She them explained to me how they just went out to lunch and she has some pizza leftover in her car. She's like, "I was just going to throw it in the freezer, but if you want it, it's yours!" I was not about to make an elderly lady walk all the way out to her car to give me her pizza so I explained to her that I brought my lunch today (which I do everyday). Plus I wasn't sure what state this possibly half eaten pizza was in.

All the sudden she said, "Oh maybe Mark will want it! I'll go grab it for him!" she didn't even wait for a response, she was on a mission. As I helped the next member I was frantically trying to multitask and email Mark, who was on the phone, that this lady (who he knows as well) was bringing him a pizza and to just go with the flow and accept it. Which he did. When I had a moment I went to explain everything and she brought him an untouched personal sized pan pizza!We had a good laugh about it then split it. And by split it I mean I only wanted one piece and made Mark eat the rest.

My team at work reaching one of our goals!

Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

I didn't feel like digging up a serious story so I put a humorous spin on this one. It's more like the hardest thing I watched someone else experience.

Let's set the scene. Fourth grade. I had a good group of friends and was known as the smart girl. I liked that because I was smart, but they didn't categorize me as a nerd. I was also a teacher's pet, quiet in class and thought a lot about what other people thought of me.

We had just gotten back from lunch and we were still getting used to our new seating chart assigned to us last week (remember when we had seating charts?). I had a my best friend on one side and a guy on the other. I didn't really associate with this guy because he was one of the group of three that were the bad boys and class clowns. They were not very nice and made fun of some of the other kids. We never really talked sitting next to each other, we just kind of ... endured.

Everyone's getting settled in their seats and the boy sitting next to me raises his hand and asks, "Can I go to the bathroom?" Our teacher was great. She was firm and could handle her own but also nice when she needed to be. She told him no because we all just got back from lunch and he should have done it then. He protested saying he really had to go. Before she could answer, it came.Yup. Like the Mississippi River.

I couldn't stop staring. Less than 1 foot from me, the boy, who I was not a fan of, was peeing. Spilling from the chair down to a wet puddle on the carpet. It was quiet a puddle, he was well hydrated that day. I was physically frozen but somehow was able to scoot my feet with my new shoes under my best friends desk on the other side. I did not want pee on them. The funniest thing was that I was mostly worried about if other kids would make fun of me because I had to sit next to the boy who was peeing!

It was quite a long pause as we all stared there in silence, watching him pee. Ugh, it smelled like pee. What all happened next really is a blur in my memory. Maybe I tried to block all the awkwardness out? I remember she told him to get up and go to the office, then I think she split us up in groups to do an assignment, thankfully allowing me to move away from the pee. I remember staying as far away from the incident as I could while getting out of my chair. Then someone came to clean up the mess and the boy went home for the day.

There are two things that are unfortunately burned into my memory.
1. Watching that poor boy stand up in his pee soaked pants and make the long walk out of the room
2. Seeing the janitor who came to clean it up slowly dump the chair with a pee-puddle on it to the floor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January