Moments from this Week

Weird moments at work:

- When people ask me what nationality my name is. This doesn't sounds like a weird question but the awkwardness is pretty palpable when I answer, "...American..? I guess?" I think I should say a different nationality every time I'm asked that question.

- The first line out of a member's mouth is, "Give me all your money!" Probably not the best thing to say to a new teller. Freaks me out every time.

- Laughing at me when I give them the new $100 bill. About 40% of people think it's fake or I'm joking. I promise, you are not getting punk'd at the bank :)

Here's the kicker:

I was getting the mail and I see a bunch of people, my age and some younger, get into a truck. I thought nothing of it because that's a normal activity, right? As I was walking back into work they drove being me started yelling and meowing at me and trying to squirt me with water guns. Is this what normal people do around lunch because I found this very confusing. It wasn't even a cat-calling or seductive meow. They sounded like a dying cat. Or better yet a cat that was on fire, maybe THAT'S why they had water guns!

I was just like a deer caught in their headlights and I was very confused and just kept walking. When I walked back in my coworkers noticed asking what happened then ran outside to go after them. That's when it dawned on me, hey that was kind rude wasn't it? I think my mind automatically defaults to giving people the benefit of the doubt because my first thought was that they were trying to be funny... but now that I think about it they were just trying to be mean.

I'm glad I have coworkers that stand up for me and for weird people that keep my life interesting.

This week flew by so quickly for me. Work has been great, always interesting as you can probably tell! but I love my job and the people I work with are great. We've been doing really great with our numbers and i think an awesome reward is in our future!

Dan has been busy as well. He has class, work, tutoring students, sports etc. Along with the tutor lab, Dan has taken on some extra tutoring for a student on the side as well.And above all that, he somehow finds the time to clean the entire house before I got home on Friday. This man, I'm tellin ya, is a dream! He is just too good!

Friday night we had nothing to do but wanted to do something so we bundled up and walked around down town Boise. They had some holiday lights up and because it was Friday there were plenty of people out and about. We looked through stores, window shopped and explored. It was simple, but it was fun.

Saturday was such a nice day to relax for me! I did some organizing and some Christmas scheming. Dan tutored in the morning but when he got back we played some tennis in the afternoon. Boy am I rusty! But I was getting better towards the end and I only hit our car once! I definitely call that a success.

That night was date night! We went to Carino's and it definitely was a treat! I love Italian food so it was awesome that I got to enjoy my favorite. Yum it was so delicious and of course there were left overs so that was even better! I realized that I didn't have any pictures for this week so here is a picture of us before we went out :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January