Living in the Dark

We started this week off with an awesome Sunday. We had some awesome talks about parenting and celestial marriage give by some of the bishop's friends. Lately I really enjoy hearing other people's simple advice about marriage and life. My favorite quote from Sunday was about finances and money, "Having money is not inherently bad. Money is a magnifier. If you are good, money will give you capability to do more good. If you aren't good, money can drag you down to evils."

We invited a couple from our ward over for games that night and had a great time playing ticket to ride and eat oreos. We had a wonderful evening chatting and playing games.

Monday was Veteran's Day which is a wonderful day to remember all those who have risk their lives so we can have the freedoms that we have today. We're the land of the free because of the brave. Thank you to all those who have and are currently serving.

It was a paid holiday for me because banks and CU's aren't open. We were so productive over the weekend I didn't know what to do with myself! I did get to go to lunch with my handsome husband so that was fun.

Other things that happened this week:

I drank hot cocoa out of this


I made a ton of sugar cookies with my mom for work

and I mean a ton. About 200

Our team won branch of the month! Go Ustick!


Then... our power went out Sunday night. Did we pay our bill? Yup. Anyone else's power out? Nope. Tripped a breaker? Yup. then when we reset it, it still didn't work. Through our problem solving skills we somehow ended up doing this-
It was not an easy task. We FINALLY found the main breaker outside and were able to turn our power back on. I don't recommend moving a stacked washer and dryer. It's a pain in the butt. And when did all this happen? Right in the middle of the Denver Bronco's game. Bad timing.

This coming weekend is exciting because Ryan and Kate are getting married! So that means I get Friday off so we can drive there. I'm excited to see all my family and hope the week flies by!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January