We don't have to sit on the floor!

I'm not really sure where the week went. I feel like it's been so short but I've done so much. I think it's just because I'm learning so much at work!

Funny story. On Sunday my scriptures accidentally became the sealed portion of the golden plates. Ryan got me these scriptures in Argentina and some how  pushed the zipper to far and it came right off... leaving my scriptures completely zipped.

oops
So I tried to put the zipper tag back on but it was so far up the spine I couldn't reach it. I finally settled and decided to split the zipper to get them open. After which I did a closer inspection to the inside of my scripture case. Sadly, I found that it was really falling apart :(
  
The glue is just old and isn't sticky anymore. So that's a bummer but I'll still keep them because they're so awesome.

This week was filled with normal things, work, school, work, dinner, work and more school. Oh, and some football.

We got our microwave! Haha adult problems right? I'm pretty excited though :)

Friday was awesome because on my way home from work I picked up Chipotle for dinner and then we watched the BSU game. It was a nice relaxing Friday, although we did wish that we were with our ward on their camp out :( I got off work too late to leave and get up there at a reasonable hour. Get this, when I came home on Friday, Dan had cleaned the entire apartment! I can't even begin to explain how amazing he is!

SIDENOTE: We have been hearing strange noises from our neighbors upstairs. I remember I first heard it at like 10 in the morning on day and couldn't figure out what it was. It sounded like a violent rocking chair or someone hitting the ground with a bat. I would spastically hear it for like 10 seconds, then it would stop, then start, then stop, then start. We couldn't figure out what it was, We know all the sounds of normal neighbors, day or night and this wasn't one of them. I was super frustrated went it woke us up at 4 in the morning (I know what you're thinking, it wasn't that!) and kept me up. One evening I'm sitting in our bedroom and our windows are open  and I FINALLY figure out what it is. It's their little dog. I could hear the echos of it's paws tap tap tapping coming out their window into mine. It's the dog running around like crazy. I don't even get how it can make a noise that loud but it's the dog.

Saturday was super eventful. When I woke up the dog upstairs sounded like it was on energy drinks haha. We got up and walked to the farmers market in down town. We couldn't drive even it we wanted to because there was the womens fit one 9k which basically blocked any way to get out of our complex. I didn't mind, the walk was so nice! The farmers market rocks and I got a cinnamon roll crepe from the Creperie and it was yummy.
Plus this cool holder was awesome as well

After all the eventness died down we were on the hunt. For a couch. Or at least something to sit on for our living room. We both would like a couch but our door is so incredibly awkward there are very few that would fit through it. We found one at sofa mart and kept it in mind. We were both thinking that a futon would be a wise investment because it'll for sure fit through the door and it's an extra bed if we need it.  I was so surprised when we found what we were looking for at Big Lots. I'm still not even sure what Big Lots specializes in? It's kind of like a nicer dollar store I guess? But anyways we have a futon! And a million thanks for my mom coming to switch cars with us because it wouldn't fit in our Maxima. Then we stopped for lunch at Costco. I've never gone to Costco specifically for food before but it's dirt cheap and actually pretty good. I was impressed.

We went to a bike shop down town so Dan can get a better idea of what kind of road bike we wants for his triathlons, then went to Winco to grab all the food we need for our ward's linger longer on Sunday. Next was home to set up our futon!



Vuala!
I LOVE it. It's perfect for our lives and what we need right now. And it is so comfy.

Saturday night we went to The Farmstead for an event put on by ICCU! We got to shoot the pumpkin gun, the corn gun, eat popcorn, see and pet the animals, go in the corn maze and we got a $20 voucher all for free! It was so nice of my work to do that. The free popcorn we got was like the best popcorn I've ever had and their hamburgers and fries were delish. We jumped on this crazy above ground trampoline bubble and played tetherball. Okay I TRIED to play tetherball and I put up as much fight as I could muster. Aside from the crazy windstorm out of no where, it was a super fun night.


Creepy buck toothed goat. It looked like it had mad goat disease



On Sunday we were able to give talks in our ward! I talked about enduring trials with faith and Dan talked about making weak things strong. I think we did pretty good. Everyone said nice things (but really, would any one have the nerve to say bad things to us? haha) but it was good. Preparing and giving a talk is always a good experience. Then after church we had an Ice Cream Social! We were in charge of the food this time and I think it was pretty bomb. We got three big tubs of ice cream and tons of toppings. Every one seemed pretty pleased!

Comments

  1. Umm yes the ice cream social was BOMB. And your talks were wonderful. That futon looks so nice! Sounds like a super fun week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January