Down Towners

I have an acceptable excuse for our hiatus.

Moving.

and

No internet.

We moved in on Wednesday night. Amazing things happened that night! First the rain. They had flash flood warnings! Thankfully the rain down town stopped for us long enough to move in. I was so grateful that it let up right when we needed it too. Divine intervention right there. I just didn't want a wet mattress to sleep on that night. Second, the help. We had made announcements in our married student ward and I was so impressed with the help we got. The bishop came with his truck, another guy came with his truck, a couple came with their car, we filled our car and my parents’ pilot and we were off. We actually even had an extra truck from our neighbors that we didn't even need. We were just so glad for the help and it made the whole move in go smooth and quick. We started at 7 and were done unloading down town even before 8. Thank you to everyone that helped!

Our apartment is awesome. I love it! It’s only 540 square feet which sounds TINY but it’s set up makes great use of the space. It doesn't even feel that small at all. We were definitely spoiled in Rexburg with more space but I haven’t found the adjustment too hard. The real challenge is moving in but both of us are gone all day. The only times we have to unpack are 6-8am, 6-10pm and Saturdays. We couldn't even go food shopping up Saturday! Thursday before work I loaded up on cereal at Rosauer’s because they were having an awesome sale and bought some frozen lunches for me. Dinners consisted of Pizza Hut and Red Robin until we got actual food.



As of now, most everything is unpacked; I’m just in the process of organizing and then decorating. Plus we still need a couch. We don’t seem to be in a rush to buy one though haha. After work on Thursday I stopped by my parents’ house to pick up some things we forgot and the biggest storm of the summer decided to come right then so that was fun trying to get everything in the car! Friday we went to the temple with our ward and did baptisms. It was fun because I got to meet more people and spend some time in the temple. Afterwards we went to Red Robin with the Durrants from our ward because none of us had eaten dinner yet.

After Dan went and got us some food at winco, we went to the BSU game on Saturday! The coolest thing about where we live is that we WALKED to the stadium. No crazy parking traffic for us. It was my first BSU game that I got to actually watch and it was so fun! We got free t-shirts and Dan made a perfect field goal on the first try, barefoot. Walking around all the vendors before the game was way fun and watching BSU DOMINATE was also fantastic. I quite enjoyed myself. Plus we were in the shade which made it even more amazing.



We had Stake Conference this weekend and got a new stake presidency but I had no idea who the old ones were. It was a good meeting though. We also had the sister missionaries come stop by

Work is going so well! I feel like I’m learning so much each day but I love it so much! Seriously I love going to work every day, my coworkers are awesome and I just love my job! Who knew that banking at a credit union is so much easier than at a bank. When people come in and realize that we don’t charge random maintenance fees EVER and that they can get a free checking and savings account, they’re so excited.

Someone asked me what the nationality of my name was. I didn't know what to say because ‘American’ sounded like a weird answer? That’s all I could come up with though and explained how my parents came up with it.


We also celebrated our first anniversary again by thawing our wedding cake! Dan was afraid it was going to gross but surprisingly it was way good!




I will eventually take photos of our apartment and stuff, but I feel like I have lots of do right now! We are alive, we now have internet and we are doing well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January