Labor Day Weekend

This weekend went by so quickly but it was so fun! Ryan and Kate were in town to celebrate the long weekend.

We invited Parker and Stephanie over for dessert crepes and it was pretty delicious


Saturday we spent the day out on the boat. We went up to Black Canyon and the weather was beautiful. After that Dan got his football in and we played some games together. And of course we needed Sonic! It was half price!

Sunday was Dan's Birthday! He's 25! I love him so much and we tried to make his birthday rock. We went to our married student ward and I'm really starting to like it. Well not that I didn't like it but I'm making more friends and feeling more comfortable! I'm excited to be in this ward and play an active part! After church Dan grilled some yummy steaks and we celebrated his birthday!




We also had a throwback and pulled out the DDR pads and had an awesome time. Why can't I just do that for cardio at the gym?

Monday was Labor Day. This Labor Day is more special than other in the past. Why? This is the first time I've ever had a paid holiday. I've never had that. I did absolutely nothing that involved work and I got paid for it. All Day. I feel like I'm an adult and I have a big girl job now. Haha this is awesome.

Continuing with Monday, we went to the Aquarium! This is a frog that is just happy to be here.
I should probably be like that more often haha

We fed the stingrays and sharks! So cool!

Ryan and Kate in their best dressed...?

Ryan and Kate went on their way back to Utah around noon. After we ate lunch the rest of us went shopping. I was on a mission to get some jeans! Jean shopping isn't always fun but my jeans are so old that I really need some new ones and I'm willing to spend some money for some good jeans. Dan, my parents and I headed out to Levi in the outlet mall. My mom had gone their previously and really loved her experience there so we went.

Wow. We seriously had the best experience! The employees were so friendly and SO helpful. They measured me all up and told me what their recommendations were based on my likes and dislikes. They checked on me often but gave me space. They weren't pushy for a sale but were trying to make me look my best. They were awesome! Seriously go there! I got some great jeans and I'm super excited!

We continued to walk around the outlet mall and went to Reebok. Dan bought some casual shoes with a 40% off coupon. We went to Van Huesen. Their prices were quit high but I got a cardigan on the clearance rack + $5 off. So a cardigan that was originally $56.00 was $3.60. I feel kind of AMAZING. Then I bought some grey suit pants for work. They are nice tailored suit pants. Originally $45.00, I bought them for $11.00. What a score. I also went to Target earlier this weekend with my mother and I got a great shirt, $7 and shoes clearance wedges $8.89. I'm pretty happy with our haul. You can get quality things with out breaking the budget. You just have to be patient and frugal!

Speaking of frugal, for dinner Dan and I were the masters of frugality. Dan got a ton of free deals for his birthday... so we used a bunch! We got a free sandwich at Which Wich and a free bowl at Noodles & Co. and shared them for dinner. For dessert I had a free scoop of ice cream from Baskin Robbins and Dan had a waffle cone from Tcby. Our total bill? $0.41. Bahaha isn't that awesome! Oh my gosh we sound like extreme couponers or something. Anyways sales are awesome and birthdays are awesome.


Dan got his student ticket and we'll get mine this week so we're pretty excited for that! Dan is doing our apartment walk through this week. I can't believe we're moving in this week! I'm pretty stoked to live down town. I have a full week of work and Dan has a full week of school and work so who knows when unpacking or blogging will happen... stay tuned :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January