The Bullock Family Reunion 2012


Like always if was fun. I think the best part of family reunions is just seeing relatives you haven’t seen in forever! This year we all came down to California somewhere outside of San Diego and stayed at a KOA camp site. We were spread out in groups around one side of the camp ground depending on if we were staying in a tent or cabin. We had a big white tent that we all congregated in for meals and other activities.

WEDNESDAY
We drove to Provo and spent the evening with Ry and Chelsey. Went to sonic :)

THURSDAY
We drove to Vegas and stayed in the Excalibur. That night we walked the strip and saw all the sights!


FRIDAY
After staying the night in vegas we got up and drove to the campground. We successfully arrived there, set up our tent, said hello to some family and made ourselves familiar with the campground. I was really impressed with it! It’s in the middle of a town but there were so many trees around that it really does feel like camping. The mornings were overcast and cool but that would burn off by 10 or 11 every morning leaving the rest of the day in the 80’s. We changed into our clothes for family pictures and drove to Balboa Park. After getting lost once we finally got there and said hello to the rest of the family. We took big group pictures and individual family pictures, it was really fun! After we were done we came back to the camp had dinner and went to bed!



SATURDAY
Beach day! When we got up in the morning I was really worried about it being so overcast but we got all ready and headed to Silver Strand Beach which is supposed to be one of the nicest beaches in San Diego. It was cold we first got there, it reminded me of the Oregon coast but it did indeed warm up. The whole family spent the day talking, eating, boogie boarding, tanning, reading and just hanging out! It was great. The kids were loving the beach and the warm sand. For lunch we ordered the biggest pizza I’ve ever seen. I think we finally left around 3 or 4. The sun can wear you out! We got back to the camp showered and helped get dinner ready. As the evening went on we gained another testament of how white us Bullocks are. Almost everyone got burned and I think 70% had some awesome awkward burn lines. Luckily I faired pretty well! That night we had the Bullock Family movie night. Each family was asked to make a 5-10 minute video and it could pretty much be anything. We had some awesome and creative videos which were awesome to watch and see what each family has been up to. Lots of laughs that night. My favorite was an old video of when grandma and grandpa had us act out jack and the bean stalk. I was the family cow and my only line was moo but I was the best cow ever! It was so cute to see how little we all were, hilarious! We sang happy birthday to grandma and grandpa and went to bed exhausted.




SUNDAY
This day was kind of like a free day for the families to do whatever they would like. Some went to the zoo, the air plane museum or the Mormon battalion. We were going to go the Mormon Battalion but as we were eating breakfast that morning Dad started feeling sick. We hung out in camp for a little bit and waited to see how he felt before we made our plans. I just chilled there and talked to Dan on the phone. Then we get a call saying Sheree and others need help cleaning up the big tent in order to get ready to leave. We all walk over there and as I walk in everyone is in chairs facing me. That’s weird I thought and then they all yelled SURPRISE!! I was like…. For what?!  They had schemed together and threw me a surprise bridal shower! They decorated the tent in my colors and had goodies, ring pops and cake. Aunt Sheree made up a story that went with a laundry basket full of gifts that they presented to me as they read the story the gifts went with it. I felt so loved and so special! It was amazing that they planned this for me and that I had no idea! Definitely a highlight of the trip for me :) Then we went to the Swap Meet, had lunch and went to the Mormon Battalion and Old Town Dan Diego. It was a fun time! We came back, had dinner and hung out with the rest of the family that was there then went to be early!


MONDAY
We got up early, packed up and left to drive to Vegas. We made it there and said goodbye to Ryan and Chelsey as they picked up their car and made their way back to Provo. We checked into our resort where we were going to relax for a few more days. That night we went to a random Thai place for dinner, surprisingly good! And we also stopped by the Zombie Apocalypse Store. We’re ready now, are you? Then we went swimming and relaxed!



TUESDAY
My dad signed us up for a time share lecture with Diamond International. They had great ideas but we didn’t buy it. I just went for the free breakfast, cookies and the $75 gift card at the end. Then we made our trip to the Hoover Dam. It was soooo hot like 110 degrees hot but the tour inside the dam was really enjoyable. It was entertaining the whole time and amazing to see! On our way home we stopped at another random restaurant, this time Mexican but it was also delicious. We grabbed to breakfast for the next morning at the store, went to the world largest gift store and ended the night with a place called Luv It Custard- So good!





WEDNESDAY
We woke up earrrrlllllyyy. In order to make it home and accommodate for the time change we got up and left at the crack of dawn. Then we drove. All day. I did some driving and we made it home by 6pm. Such a long drive with road construction, crappy speed limits and 2 lane highways. Oh wait I have to make this drive in two months… oh! I mean I loved it! Haha

All around it was a great trip and it was so wonderful to get the family together. Love them all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January