Carson: 18 Months

 Growth

  • Clothes: 18 m
  • Diapers: size 4
  • 23 lbs
  • Has 16 teeth. All four molars are in and all 4 canines cut.
  • Actually calls ME Mama on purpose
  • Great at throwing balls, loves playing with Brooks
  • Says peek-a-boo, go, thank you, uh-oh, football, shakes his head no
  • Does not enjoy fireworks


General
I'm amazed at how much Carson understands. He's not talking as much as Brooks did but has a way to communicate and understands almost everything. I'm not worried, his speech will come. He is soo sweet but so determined to get what he wants. He's often in the pantry rummaging for whatever food he can find. He's a great eater and I promise he's fed but he always just wants some cereal too. He pushes the chairs to the counter constantly and always throws himself to the ground mad when I take him down. He has strong opinions and won't give up things or toys he wants when others asks for them. We always called him Bubba as a baby because he was nice and chunky and that has now been shortened to Bubs. Not sure why but Bubs seems to fit him haha.

He's not a huge fan of nursery yet. He's pretty attached to Mama but I think he will adjust faster than Brooks did... maybe, we'll see!



Sleep
Carson has been a great sleeper now that his teeth all cut. While family was in town the boys shared a room. Brooks loved it so much and begged for me to let Carson stay. I didn't feel like un-assembling the crib anyways so I left him and it has ended up working well after some adjustments. Now the nursery is like a play room until we use it for baby, it's been nice. Carson had to get used to it and Brooks has started having frequent night terrors? I don't think any of those are related so outside of those, it's going well! Carson takes 1 nap from 1-2:30 and sleeps from 7:30pm-7am.

After South Padre Island and before family came I took Carson's binky away. I could tell it was moving his teeth and it was a good time to try to take it away cold turkey. He woke about 4 times the first night, once the second night and then was fine after that. My mind was blown! This kid loves his binky and I was so proud of him for adapting and learning how to fall asleep without it. No more binkys for us!



Eating
Carson's favorite foods are tomatoes, any fruits (bananas & blueberries are at the top), yogurt, sometimes bread and anything he can dip. He hardly eats meat which seems kind of odd, maybe it's the texture? But he doesn't frequent chicken, ground beef, pork, steak- he usually leaves it untouched on his plate but oh well. Food is never something I've worried about with my boys. I serve the meal, they eat what they want. They learn to trust their bodies, how full they should feel and what their bodies needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January