Boise & Red Fish Lake


We went to Boise for a week for a family reunion on my side. I was kind of nervous to fly with Brooks but I felt he'd do just fine. However once I got on the plane I was super anxious about it. Overall he did good! I was just...being a mom ha! 

Thank you to all those who gave me tips on traveling with babies, they sure helped! Security was so much easier with a baby! I was wearing him and they just swabbed my hands, all done. We got settled and found a corner to occupy until our flight boarded. I set Brooks down, set my purse down, turn around to Brooks and he's already licking the airport windows. EWWWW WHY CHILD? We are definitely building his immune system! Thankfully my mom had borrowed car seats, strollers and pack n plays so I didn't have to lug any of those in the airport, thanks mom!


His attention span was only 5 minutes. So he'd watch a movie for 5, want to go to dad for 5, then back to mom, then toy. We got super lucky and had an empty seat in our row on a full flight. All Brooks wanted to do was eat the seat, gross!

I finally got to see my niece Evelyn and she's a cutie! Her and Brooks were so funny together. The show their love by gouging each other's eyes out. This was their first meeting and this picture is not posed.


I was also happy to see Brooks warm right up to everyone. Evelyn did too except when Dan accidentally scared her while doing something Brooks thinks is funny. After that she was weary of him.
















Saturday we were able to see our friends Blake and Camille! When we lived in Boise Tucker was around Brooks' age, now he's 4! This photo cracks me up because it looks like Tucker's in our family!


We had a fun time eating lunch and playing games like old times. It was so good to see them!




For a couple days we rented a cabin at Red Fish Lake.


We had to stop and look on the way up because the river is so high.

June in Idaho


It was chilly but so beautiful! You can tell Brooks just loved it. What a view!





Everything about this picture just kills me! The one sock, half on, the squint smile!



Teething. So much drool!

We took a boat ride to the other side of the lake with the plan to hike back. We packed lunches, water, baby stuff and snacks and were off.








We got to the other side and decided on a whim to do a 1/2 mile hike up to Lily Pond. You sadly can't tell in the picture below but the bridge was really bowed and leaning to the left. Kind of trippy walking on it.












Baby's first time seeing snow


We had lunch at the pond, hiked back to the dock then mom, dad, Dan, Brooks and I started the 6 mile hike back to the lodge. I was kind of intimidated and for good reason, it was hard! Things were going great for the first 30 minutes. Then we encountered some downed trees blocking the trail. We rummaged around to find a place to climb over the trees and when we got to the other side we couldn't find the trail. It's not like we went far so we kept hiking around for it. Up and down the mountainside, falling and tripping (at least me) all while Dan's rolling over trees and Brooks is sleeping. It took us a good 30 minutes  but we finally found the trail and were on our way.


My view while nursing in the wild.

The first half of the hike was hard for me! We stopped and took breaks but mostly the only thing that kept me going is knowing that it'd be longer to turn around to go back ha! I didn't have a choice. Don't get me wrong though, the hike was beautiful and I'm glad we did it. And Brooks did SO stinking good!









The last half of the hike was downhill which was amazing! Definitely lifted all our spirits and I felt like I could do it. By the end I was walking as fast as I could which wasn't very fast. We'd been hiking for 4 hours. It was a hard work out but so fun!

Dan decided he needed more outdoors and rented a kayak that evening. I on the other hand watched him kayak while eating ice cream.









Our view








We spent the evenings with the fire roaring, playing games and laughing too hard. Then found we picked up some hitch hikers on our hike. Yuck!


Ticks.








I had such a good time, sad to leave the beautiful scenery.


Back in Boise we had fun shopping, hanging out and Dan and I were even able to go on a couple dates! We went bowling and did a session at the temple. One night we had family pictures.





Pretty sure my parents were in heaven all week from having both grandbabies at their house!






We had such a fun time! and flying home went really well too. Except for that it's super hot in Texas! I miss the cool mountain air right now! Can't wait until we go back or bring some family here!

Comments

  1. I love that picture of you and Evvy! Simply adorable! She loves you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January