See ya in 3 Dan the Man!

This week we spent lots of time together and got Dan ready to leave on his three week trip. I knew I was going to miss him a lot so I had to get as much Dan time in as I could! For our last little date night we started out by playing tennis. He won the first... 6 games but then I turned into Serena and won 2! I have my moments of glory when it comes to tennis. They are usually small short bursts. Then we ate dinner and watched the Lego movie. I thought it was funny but I fell asleep and still have no idea how the movie ended... so there's that. Dan explained it to me but I still don't get it. We went to bed and woke up to see if we could see the northern lights. We gave it about 5 minutes then gave up!

Saturday morning Dan the Man left and started his 3 week trip. He made it to Idaho Falls and hung out with some friends and stayed with family. Then today he's traveling to Colorado to stay with his parents for a few days. Eventually sometime next week he'll make it to Texas. I miss him but I do love sleeping without a fan in my face... :)


I went with my parents to the Hyde Park fair on Saturday and it was fun except for the fact I came down with a 24 hour flu. It was the weirdest thing. I suddenly had a low grade fever, chills and body aches. By the time we made it home I felt miserable. I took a nap but when I woke up I had the worst headache. The only thing that sounded good to eat was chicken and pearl potatoes. By 9pm I was suddenly feeling better and went to bed. When I woke up I was perfectly fine! Well I'm still a tiny bit congested but it was the weird sickness I ever had. I wish every sickness was just 24 hours!

Work Stories

1. I haven't told a work story in a while because nothing super interesting has happened... until now! After I did a deposit for this member, he and his buddy stood there for a second until one started digging his hand around in his pocket and started pulling out some change. He puts them all on the counter, coins everywhere, and this is what I'm totally used to. Then he grabbed this childrens piggy bank sitting on our counter as decoration. We had been giving them out with youth accounts but he grabs one and start putting some coins in it. I went to ask if we wanted me to count his coins for him (I'm faster and I have a cool machine) but he stops me and put his finger to his mouth and softly goes, 'Shhh' By now I'm just super confused. I'm thinking, 'well if he really wants the pig then I don't see why not...' I watch what he's doing. He's putting all the pennies in the piggy bank and then as soon as he's done with that he starts shoveling the rest back into his pocket. He firmly sets the piggy bank back where it was and says, "That's my crap change" turns around, and walks out the door.

I'm standing there wondering what he thinks I'm going to do with all his pennies. You can't just have $0.17 lying around a bank! I balance my drawer to the penny and there's no way we can just hide that. I see no solution but to count and deposit it into his account. I'm not really sure what his whole point of that was...

2. And what do you know the second work story is about the piggy banks too! They were a popular item this week, I had this sweet old lady come in. I've helped her quite a few times before and she is just the nicest. She saw the piggy bank, picked it up and shook it then asked what they were for. I told her we were giving them out to little kidlets who open savings account. She's like, "Well what's the fun in getting an empty piggy bank?" and proceeded to dig in her wallet to find a penny to put in it. I'm thinking, 'oh gosh, here some more coins that I have to key' laughing that I've already done this once this week, She puts a penny in the pink one and then notices a blue one on the next teller station. She got really excited and walked over and put a penny in that one too. The whole thought was incredibly sweet, I loved it. I made sure to not burst her bubble while she was there, we really can't keep money 'out' like that. I had to take them out after she left but I thought it was just to cute and sweet.

Day 17: What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

Right now I have been wishing I was better at playing the piano, specifically church hymns. Lately I've been thinking how cool of a calling it would be to just play uplifting music in Relief Society. I think that would be awesome. So I've been trying really hard to practice more and learn more hymns because right now I know.. three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January