Not a Good Food Blogger

For General Conference we ate a million cinnamon and orange rolls like we do every year. It was heavenly.

My mom taught me how to crochet! I was surprised how quickly I caught on!


I'm still running


+ Dan and I both got raises! I finished my belt at work and starting salaries in Texas went up for Dan!

+ I finished my semester! And with all A+ yay! It feels so good to be done with those classes! I'm going to take an easier load next semester so I can have more time and flexibility.

+ We went to Big Jud's this week! Dan and I both decided the boise one is much better than the one in Ashton and Rexburg!

This is also the most unattractive picture of a hamburger I could have possibly taken. what kind of food blogger am I?

I made some cinnamon rolls!
They were bomb! Recipe found here!

+ We went to a free Charlie Worsham Thursday night and it was pretty bomb!


This is his most popular song:
He put on an awesome concert! We had a really good time! Until it was time to go and it was POURING rain. And we walked. Hahah so we made the best of it and I was jumping in puddles. We were completely soaked but luckily it was almost a warm rain, I wasn't cold!

+Dan coached a track meet this weekend and while he had the car I spent some time with my parents. Naturally my mom and I went fabric shopping for my new found talent of trying to crochet. I'm not too bad!

+ Saturday Dan and I spent most of our time preparing our TALKS. Yes, we got the opportunity to speak on Easter Sunday in our ward. Talk about pressure!! In preparation I read The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox. AMAZING book. I've had so many insights about Jesus Christ and what His life and Mission means to me in my life.

+ Saturday we also dyed Easter eggs because I really wanted to!

+ Sunday we went to church and successfully delivered our talks and I think it went pretty well! I learned a bunch in the process of preparing it so it was good! :) I love Easter and the itme we get to celebrate the fact that Jesus Christ lived again after He died and because of Him, we can see once again the people we love. Death isn't the end.



Day 9: What defines you?  

This is such a weighted question! How am I supposed to pick one thing that solely defines ME in all areas, moods and interests of my life? I kind of re-asked myself a substitute question instead - What dictates my actions in my everyday life? If I had a decision to make, what would come into play to help me make that decision. I instantly think of my desire to be a better follower of Jesus Christ and God- and click! That's it! It's my relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Savoir that defines me. Set aside all the worldly things I like, the selfish thoughts I have, all the things I like to do, what really makes me tick is this essential relationship.

This is why I enjoy being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have had more questions answered by this Church than any other about God, Jesus Christ, my relationship with them, how to be a good person, how to make tangible changes in my life, what happened before I was here, what will happen when I die, the purpose of it all and what I'm supposed to do in this life. I might not know every in depth concept pertaining to each of these questions, but I know God will continue to teach me when I'm ready. I love that when I make a mistake I KNOW Jesus Christ will forgive me and that I can change.

I've been reading a book called the Continuous Atonement by Bread Wilcox and this quote almost brought me to tears!

"Mistakenly we think that Jesus already has everything, but He doesn’t. He doesn’t have you. He doesn’t have me-not until we give ourselves to Him...
The word Atonement is often broken up so it read at-one-ment, but there is another word found among the letter that also could and must be emphasized, ME. Not only did Christ do it all for us. He also anxiously waits for me to accept it, to internalize it and to make it count.” 

I can't really add more to this than to remember to make it count, be a better person and talk to the God that wants to hear from you.

Comments

  1. This is a little belated, but--I read The Continuous Atonement too! I was in Brad Wilcox's mission prep class last semester. It was great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January