Catching Up With Friends & Family

For Easter I whipped up an amazing German Pancake. While it was cooking I noticed a tiny bit of smoke coming from the oven. I open it up to see it's quadrupled in height and is getting crispy as it touched the top of my oven! I almost couldn't get it out it was so big! It's alive!


At work this week I had one guy that I was helping through the drive thru talked for a good 10 minutes about the history of the Pomeranian. He had even brought his dog with him specifically as a visual aide. He was nice, and I learned a history lesson!


We had the missionaries over for dinner! The sister missionaries in our ward are awesome. They are so sweet and nice, we love having them over. Dan whipped up some homemade pizza and it was super delicious!

Thursday night I went to a work event! ICCU has been doing a Jeep Giveaway and we finally gave away the jeeps! They gave away one on the East side and one on the West side. 55 finalists came to the party with food, drinks and music. Then we drew 30 names, then 10, then 3, then 1. It was a fun party with awesome food and good co workers. After I came home we went to our friends house and played a game called Cover Your Assets. That game can get competitive! It was way fun. 



Friday I had off of work because family and friends were coming in to town for a wedding.  After the sealing we all went to breakfast: Dan & I, my mom and dad, Ryan & Kate, Parker & Stephanie (and their new baby Cade), Casey & Daryl Conley, Michael Morton and Rebecca (Morton) Seaman. We went to the Black Bear Diner and it was delicious.



After that most of us went back to my parents house. That's when we sent Stephanie and Parker to take a nap while we stole their baby :)


We hung out for a little bit then went to Buffalo Wild Wings for an early dinner and like usual it was SO GOOD. I got everyone hooked on the salt & vinegar wings. We devoured so many of them. It's seriously the best wings of my life! After that it was time to dress back up and go to the reception which was fun to see everyone there as well.

Saturday morning was breakfast with  my branch family! We went to Kneaders which was delicious and of course the company was pleasant :) I'm pretty lucky to have awesome coworkers whom I get along with!


This weekend we went on a bike ride and played horse shoes with our friends the Wasdens. Who knew I was secretly good at horse shoes? Well not really, beginners luck but I had a fun time!



This is their little man Tucker


Then after we got home we just ended up making dinner together, playing games and eventually making a DQ run because we can. You don't really need a reason for ice cream in my opinion! 

It was a successful week & weekend. It was really fun to see some family and friends come in to town! I found a really awesome quote this week and for me it's a good reminder to listen to the prophets of God no matter what is going on in the world around us.

"There will be some things that take patience and faith. You may not like what comes from the authority of the Church. It may contradict your political views. It may contradict your social views. It may interfere with some of your social life. But if you listen to these things, as if from the mouth of the Lord himself, with patience and faith, the promise is that ‘the gates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your good, and his name’s glory."-Harold B. Lee


Day 10: Describe a few of your pet peeves.
I'd like to think that I don't have that many pet peeves... hahah but a good majority of mine are abstract concepts and not so cut and dry like- don't squeeze the toothpaste in the middle, clicking pens and putting the toilet paper roll on a certain way (oddly enough none of those things bother me).

1. Unsolicited Advice. This is advice that is not asked for (often times from people you don't know super well) given in a negative and uncaring way. It drives me up the walls when people are so negative when giving advice to soon-to-be-brides or mothers saying, 'oh just you wait, it gets worse form here' or 'It's going to be the most stressful day of your life!' How negative and rude is that? If you have advice, give it in a positive, loving and caring way :)

2. Respect. I feel like every person deserves the utmost respect until they prove me differently. It really gets me going when people are blatantly rude for no reason. People and their time, feelings and opinions should all be respected.

3. Celebrities. I don't find celebrities themselves annoying, I'm annoyed with how much everyone cares about them. They are people with amazing talents and that should be celebrated but it bothers me when people plaster pictures of them all over their walls, obsess over them and want to have their babies. If someone did that to you that would be so inappropriate and would make you feel so uncomfortable! I think the time would be much more wisely spent exploring a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January