Wings & Hockey

This week I have been reminded, like countless times before, that although life can be hard, unfair, emotional and inconsistent, one thing that is consistent is God. Your life is what you make it! Happiness is a choice and if you want to be happy, go out and FIND the happy things in your life. 


This week I had a day off in the middle of the week! How spoiled am I? Haha well not really because I worked Saturday. Our weekend was pretty much filled with homework and cleaning. But we did get our pictures from the IC's back!


I'm so lucky to have gotten a photo of me when I went on stage and I was bustin out of  my pants. Epitome of a crotch shot right there guys.

I also blew up a plate while cooking. We don't have much counter space and so the plate of cookies ended up on the stove. I was cooking on the front burner and didn't think anything of it. Except I turn the wrong burner on like.. every time! This time was no exception and I went to stir what I was cooking and I heard a POP! Like a gunshot. It took me a minute to figure out what had happened and that I had turned on the back burner instead of the front (again). So the ceramic plate cracked and I have now invented twice baked chocolate chip cookies because the ones on bottom definitely started cooking again.


Whoops!

 Lately I've been in this stage of painting my nails a lot. It helps when I have a fast drying top coat now!

We went to the BSU basketball game and it was SO CLOSE! AH! We had the lead 98% of the game and they came back and won. Such a bummer but still an awesome game.


For Christmas I got this cookbook
and I LOVE it!
I've made a total of 3 dishes from it so far and they have all been bomb! And even better, they're simple and 95% of the time I have all in the ingredients already. Here's a picture of my Quesadilla Pie.

It was delicious!

Every month at work we do a wacky weekend and I was in charge of it for February. The theme was We Love Our Members. I think my decorations and treats went over quite nicely!


I worked Saturday and then our team went to BWW for winning with our awesome costumes. It was of course delicious and I love their salt & vinegar wings! Mmm they are so good! Then that night Dan and I went with Jared from work and his girlfriend Alyssa to the Steelheads Game! It was super fun! Before the game Dan and I were just sitting there hanging out and then these guys came up to us and asked us if we wanted to be in the keg push during the intermission. Dan was like heck yes! and I was like.. uhh okay? So we went and did it. 

There was a sled with a 10lb keg on top of it. One of us had to sit on the keg and the other would push them across the ice then we had to switch and come back. First couple back wins a gift card to 10 Barrell. I was super nervous beforehand about how hard it was going to be but it went really well for us. Luckily I had good boots with traction. Dan sat on the keg first and getting him going was kind of hard but once I did we were cruisin! They had to 'brush off our sled' to slow us down for a closer race. Then we switched and Dan was pushing me and we won! We got our gift card and I've never been to 10 Barrell which obviously is a brewery but I've been told they have awesome food as well. Haha it was super fun and I'm glad we won! 



It was way fun and after the game we all went to Old Chicago and grabbed some food. Such a  fun night!



And just for fun I thought I'd add some fun tid bits at the end of each post I do!

10 Random facts about Aubrionna  - as told by Aubrionna
1. I'm a really sentimental person. I love take pictures of everything and make slideshows to music to remember good times.
2. I recently have a new obsession with socks. I got some for Christmas and then I just bought more only because they were cute.
3. I hate scrabble (sorry Grandma B!). There's a rare time where I might play it. Words With Friends is tolerable, I just got burnt out on it.
4. I love to sleep. I'm trying to get better about only sleeping as much as my body needs. If I don't get my sleep I'm not a happy camper.
5. When I was little I was very attached to my stuffed animals. I would pray and ask God to make them come alive and also cover them with a blanket while I got dressed. 
6. I am METICULOUS about my drawer (as in my cash drawer at work). I count my drawer like a bajillion times a day... which brings me to my next point.
7. I have a terrible memory which is why I count my drawer like crazy. If my drawer is on then I don't have to remember a transaction that I did 2 hours ago. 
8. I have never really loved painting my nails until recently. I don't know what changed.
9. When I peel an orange I have to take all the white stringy stuff before I eat it. I will not eat that white grossness.
10. I have this impulse to buy tupperware when I see it for a good deal. Like I NEED it. ESPECIALLY the pyrex ones. I have some and they are bomb. It might run in the family because my mom might have this too.

10 random facts about Dan - as told by... well you guessed it, Dan the Man
1. I love America. It is the best place ever.
2. One of my favorite things to do is play sports and workout.
3. I don’t like when people tell long stories. Just get to the point.
4. Liquid cheese is the best type of cheese.
5. Idaho needs to get 7-11’s.
6. I love a great chocolate chip cookie.
7. I can’t wait for spring to get here to go play golf.
8. I am excited to be finished with my master’s degree and start working.
9. Some cable company needs to come out with a pure sports package that you can just order those channels.
10.  I enjoy reading success books: Just finished 7 Habits. 

And there you have it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January