Weekend of Love

I somehow got spoiled and had a 4 day weekend! How awesome is that! I had to have Friday off to cut my hours and then Monday was President's Day. Definite score for me! I stared the weekend off right by painting my nails.

Then Dan surprised me with my favorite

Friday morning Dan and I woke up at the crack of dawn and went to a work breakfast with my branch at The Griddle. It was delicious! Then we went and put our car in the shop to get some necessities fixed. You know, important things like breaks and the battery. I think that'll be our most expensive Valentine's Day gift to each other hahah! I got him something too but it was sold out in every store I looked in town so I ordered it on Amazon and it is coming at a snail's pace. Oops, it's the thought that counts right? I even ordered it early!

For Valentine's Day Dan and I decided to go to Dave and Busters because it sounded fun and we had a coupon. We went and it was so much fun! Seriously this arcade for adults is bomb. And you don't have to spend a ton of money to get a good amount of tokens. I played all the games I wanted to and then some. We played mario kart, deal or no deal, hoops, air hockey, wheel of fortune, a hunting game- they had so many choices! It was super fun. We didn't eat there but they had huge TV's and a bar so you could take your drinks into the arcade. And for prizes they actually had some legit prizes. We had a lot of tickets but we got mostly candy and saved some for the next time we go!

Cut the Rope arcade game?! Coolest thing ever



sooo many tickets! It help that Dan hit the jackpot on one of them.


For dinner we wanted to stay in because we figured everyone else was going out. We had the best ribs I've ever had! And it's amazing because they were prepackaged from Costco. I know right? How crazy is that but they were sooooo good! They came in their own sauce and basically we just heated them up. They were fall off the bone delicious with a bomb sauce. AND they were on sale at Costco. Cheaper and better than any restaurant ribs I've ever had. Next time you're at Costco, pick up some of Curly's Ribs! Mmmm.


We ended our evening watching The Rookie. It's Dan's favorite movie and I have never seen it before so I thought that was a must.

Saturday we did homework, cleaned and relaxed. I prepared my lesson that I was teaching on Sunday. Then we went to go pick up our car because it was done. New battery, new breaks and a couple touch ups. We went out to dinner that night with my parents to Mickey Ray's. It was quite tasty too! I had the brisket and I really loved their signature sauce. After we got home, Dan and I realized how nice it was outside and decided to walk downtown and see the Goo Goo Dolls. It's so easy to go to these events for us because we don't have to worry about parking! Parking downtown during an event like this is a NIGHTMARE. We just get to walk :)

Although it was super packed it was fun to watch and hear them live! 



Sunday we did the normal go to church thing and learned some amazing things! I had the opportunity to teach in Relief Society and I think it went really well. I kind of judge that off of participation and I loved hearing everyone speak up and be apart of the lesson. I deem it a success!

Monday we decided to make a day trip to McCall with my parents! McCall is about 2 hours away so it's not that bad of a drive. We left at 8 (woo hoo, sleepin in!) and made it to McCall around 10 and our first stop? The whole reason you come to McCall- The Pancake House!



It was delicious just as we expected it to be. And of course we had to order THE cinnamon roll. Sugar. Rush. Don't you love the puddles of glaze and butter surrounding it? Mmmmm...

Then we bundled up and toodled around the town a little bit. We had planned to go ice skating but that didn't open until later. Here is Dan in his natural habitat.



We skipped the ice skating plan and continued our trip to to Gold Fork Hot Springs! I've been there when I was younger but it's been a while. I forgot to take pictures during so here are after pictures :)



 This is the yert you change in. They have men and women separated but there's no privacy other than that haha



After soaking ourselves in the hot water with a cool breeze, we headed home. I couldn't help but take a nice nap on the way home :)

Funny work story.

One evening we were having a difficult time with setting an alarm and after failing like the 5th time all the sudden the phone rings and we hear police sirens. We instantly shared a look of panic and my heart was in my stomach. Luckily, it was an odd coincidence but that was probably the WORST timing to have that happen.


And for the ongoing blog challenge so you can get to know me...

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and describe how they became fears.

1. Scary people grabbing me in the dark. This is going to sound silly but I'm totally being honest here haha. It all started with when I was little- I had nightmares about The Simpsons. I had reoccurring dreams that Mr. Burns was holding me down and tickling me. I couldn't move, I couldn't get away and I couldn't wake up. The Simpsons are scary.

2. Spiders. I don't know if I can identify the exact time when spiders became a fear. I think it's obvious that they're just super gross and creepy crawly. Who wouldn't be afraid of that?

3. Something touching me when I'm in deep dark water. When I don't think about it I'm usually fine but when I go think about it I like to stayed all curled up in a ball so nothing touches me. If a fish brushed my foot I would scream like it was a shark eating me. I'm not even afraid of sharks or fish, just if something touches me and I don't know what it is. Swimming pools? Perfectly fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January