Why are titles so hard to come up with?

I took a Buzzfeed survey for fun 

I was laughing so stinkin hard because it's so TRUE!

This week was a pretty standard routine of work, school, sleep, work, school, sleep. Friday we had date night that I was in charge of planning and all I really wanted was fro-yo... so U-Swirl it was :) It was definitely everything I wanted.

Saturday I had to work but we had awesome plans that night! We went to the Steelheads game with Jared and Alyssa again. We had seats up in the corner but Jared has a family friend who own row 2 season tickets behind the goal. After the first period they didn't show up so we went down and filled in their seats. The view was AWESOME. Hockey is so much better when you're up close like that.



Afterwards we were going to go eat at Bardenay but it turns out they ID after 9pm and Alyssa and I didn't bring our ID's, whoops! We kept looking around and basically every place ID's after 9pm. Finally we try Fork and we get in, yay! I was so excited because I've wanted to try Fork for a while. And holy cow I'm so glad I did. It was a cool atmosphere and DELICIOUS! I ordered the BAM Sammy and it was the most delicious sandwich I've ever had! I cannot stop thinking about it. It had bacon (the best bacon I've ever had), avocado, mozzarella, tomato with a basil pesto spread. Ah-mazing! Everyone else there enjoyed their dishes as well so I would definitely recommend it!

At church on Sunday we talked about families. We had a great discussion about the importance of women and how we tend to get down on ourselves. Most of the time we're doing just fine and we need to cut ourselves a little slack. She shared this video and I love it! 



Here's the Work Story of the Week!

A member needed a large amount of cash in smaller bills and as I was counting them back to him he literally started DANCING to the beat that I was counting to. At first it was funny but then I realized I had $200 more dollars to count in FIVES! He endured and danced the WHOLE time. The longer it went on the more awkward it became. Inside I really had no idea how to respond.



And here is the next blog post to get to know me!
Day 3: What is the greatest amount of physical pain you have ever endured?

Well that's easy, it was definitely this:


A couple of summers ago I had to get my gallbladder removed. Taking the thing out wasn't the part that hurt the most, it was living with it!

On and off for about 2 years prior I would sometimes get this achy, dull pain in what I thought was my lower back. It wasn't stabbing, it felt kind of more like menstrual cramps- how it's a dull but sometimes debilitating pain. Anyways I thought it was because I have bad posture (because I do) so I have been constantly doing stretches, exercises and working to fix my sway back.

One night it started up again and usually I could just crawl up into the fetal position, take some pain killers and fall asleep. Well this time it hurt to badly I couldn't fall asleep. Dan and I had been dating for only two months but I called him up at midnight to come over and give me a priesthood blessing. He and his roommate Kyle were amazing and came and did that for me. I tried to go back to sleep but the pain got worse. Around 1 am I decided to call my mom and ask when is the point where I would go to the hospital. She really couldn't give me an answer because I didn't have a fever and couldn't feel my pain but at the end of the conversation I told her I was going.

Dan the Man, boyfriend of 2 little months was amazing and took me to the hospital at like 2 am. We get checked in and I feel absolutely ridiculous of why I'm there.

"What's going on?"

"Uhh... my stomach/back hurts really bad"

"Are you on your period? Are you constipated?"

Noo! Haha I really couldn't describe it. They had me pee in a cup, took my vitals checked me out and kept me in a waiting room. I was going nuts. Straight crazy. I laid in that bed and tried to sleep but all I did was constantly toss and turn and writhe in pain. Dan was so lucky to have to watch me spaz out. Nothing was comfortable, nothing felt right. I was in this kind of pain for 4 hours. They made me drink nasty drinks (I threw up from them and Dan held my hair, that's cute after 2 months of dating right?), got me a cat scan, x-rays, took MRI's did my blood work. And after all these test they got nothing, nothing, nothing. Thankfully at 6am they gave me pain killers because I was so weak and they could see how much pain I was in.

By this time my family showed up. They luckily had been 90 minutes away visiting my Grandma. I called them and they drove on over. By this point I was on so many fluids and pain killers I was like, "Guys! I feel fine! Just send me home!" Haha not a chance.The doctor said nothing was conclusive, but it might be my gallbladder and to get and ultrasound. It took forever for me to get an ultrasound and when it was over they were actually going to feed me! I hadn't had anything all night and day (it's was about noonish now) and I was so excited to get some food! But then the doctor looked at the ultrasound and boy did he find the problem! Over 300 gallstones and a gallbladder turning into mush. The doctor ordered immediate surgery because it was almost mush. That means I get no food, I was so disappointed haha.




With in a couple hours I singed lots of papers, agreed to pay lots of money and was knocked out. The last thing I remember doing was transferring to the surgery table and wondering why my pants were still on. When I woke up I told everyone that the doctor stole my clothes (because he had, the nurses forgot to take them all off haha) and that they were left in Las Vegas.


I'm not fat, I'm just pumped full of air. After I walked around and was able to kind of eat and drink I was able to go home.



I definitely learned that I have the best family and husband (then boyfriend). Dan was by my side from 2am until the next day 10pm except for an hour to go to sacrament. My family was there as a constant support and my roommates were my in home nurses for the next month. They had to help me get out of bed, walk and the constantly drove me to campus or picked me up from class. Dan made me fat free meals for the nest week so I didn't have to cook and just focusing on adjusting to life without a gallbladder. I was surrounded by amazing people.

Life without a gallbladder isn't much different because your liver is supposed to take over all the functions. I probably get sick from it about once a month and I know which kind of foods bother it. I know when I'm going to get sick but I usually deem eating the food worth it. Don't have gallbladder attacks, they hurt! Maybe this experience will be trumped once I give birth to a child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January