June


Brooks is a little over 3.5 and he has grown up SO MUCH since having Carson. Suddenly Brooks is this big kid who is so sweet to his little brother. Brooks loves to play and be funny.  
  • He loves playing baseball outside with Dad 
  • He loves playing Monster Jam
  • He likes listening to music- I've made lists on spotify and pandora for him. He likes playing songs from movies like Cars or Planes and reenacting the scenes. He's recently into Kidz Bop songs, Frozen 2 and Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA.
  • He just started to have iPad privileges once a week for some educational games. He's also recently lost that privilege ha! He was doing so good but we're taking a break for now.
  • When he gets mad or when I tell him no he recently started saying, "For what?!" Like I'll say, "Please don't put your feet on the table." "For what?!" Haha although it's toddler back talk it's actually pretty funny.
  • I'm working a lot on letting him feel big emotions and helping him work through them. No one should be punished for having emotions, we all have bad days. My job is to teach him how to cope with his emotions in a healthy way.

We put Brooks in a trial swimming class and he did not like it. He cried for mom every time he went under water (which he HATES, hence swim class) and even got out of the pool and ran to the door one time! I mean it's never fun to hear your child cry but the only way for him to get used to going underwater is to go under water! His teacher was so nice, encouraging and patient. This first thing he said when he got out was "Mama I did NOT like that!" Even though it's hard for him, it's so important!


We bought an inflatable pool since ours from last year popped and COVID has delayed our HOA pool openings. A lot of people have been buying pools so I was super happy when Dan snagged this one that even has a cover! We played with it inside for a bit before we took it outside.

Both boys loved it!


We've been eating lots of peaches and making yummy desserts! This is a peach crumble pie


This is Brook's office where he 'works' like dad

Pulled pork and ribs

I had been seeing birds in the windowsill above Brooks' shower and I thought they were building a nest. I peaked up there today and saw this! A dove egg! but no nest? I showed Brooks and were were so excited that maybe we could eventually watch it hatch. But when Dan came out a few minutes later he looked up there and it was gone! I guess they did have a nest elsewhere?

 
Carson sucked on his arm so much he gave himself a hickey haha!

This is where Brooks lays when he misses Dad. We got this soft new shower rug recently and he loves it. This is his spot of choice ha!

Brooks and I were outside and he points in the grass and asks, "Mom, what's that?" Is it a bug? he says no. So I get up to look and this is what I see.

Hmm... It only took me a minute before I realized what it was. A pinto bean plant! Why did we have a pinto bean plant growing in our lawn? I have a sensory bin for B full of dried pinto beans that he just loves. He took a handful outside and must have dropped some on the grass and I guess one thrived amd sprouted! We did get A LOT of rain that week. I was thinking we could plant it elsewhere and watch it grow but Brooks had already picked it so I guess not haha!

Found this Bucee's onesie that fits Carson now, how cute! And his poor knees from trying to crawl. Then I also found those cute overalls that he's grown into!




Brooks put goggles on Carson and he didn't hate it!

By dad's office again haha!

This kid has been drooling up a storm! He's got to have teeth coming in but who knows when they'll make an appearance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January