Carson: 5 Months


Growth
  • Clothing size: 6 months, 6-9 months
  • Diaper size: 2
  • 15 lbs 12.8 oz (52%) home measurements
  • Sleeps on his belly
  • Pushes up to his hands and knees!

Likes
  • Grabbing both his toes and now eating them
  • The door jumper
  • Standing or bouncing
  • Slamming his legs

Dislikes
  • Being in the car for longer than 2 hours

General
I can't believe Carson is already 5 months! He's getting so big and chunky that he barely feels like a baby anymore! Carson is a great baby and is very happy and smiley. He loves Brooks and always gives him the best smiles and laughs. Although we get Carson to laugh we haven't gotten those deep uncontrollable BELLY LAUGHS. Ugh I'm dying for them!


He is still drooling SO MUCH, chewing on everything, red cheeks etc. but no teeth cutting through yet. He can briefly sit up and suddenly has started rocking on his hand and knees! Slow down kid! I was not prepared for that! I'm not sure if he'll just do that for a while or if he'll crawl real early. He gets so mad he can't move and you can tell he's dying to keep up with Brooks. 


Breastfeeding
I feel like we've finally have a predictable rhythm and routine when it comes to breastfeeding. Carson is a great eater and you can see by his thigh rolls. He's been eating every 3 hours and stretches to 4 sometimes. He recently dropped to only 1 feed at night. Dan took Carson for a weekend and he dropped a feed and I'm ok with that! A typical day he will eat at 7am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm and 3am.
Sleep
Putting Carson to sleep is relatively easy a majority of the time. He loves his zippy and his binky! He recently learned to roll in his crib and gets angry when he's on his belly BUT when he falls asleep on his belly he sleeps sooo long! A couple times he's even raked his binky back in his mouth all on his own. He's recently dropped a feed like I said before but he's got to figure this rolling thing out. He'll usually still wake up at midnight or 1, roll and then get mad. Sometimes I have to intervene sometimes he figures it out or gives up. This last week he's been taking some monster long naps, must be growing! Because of this some days he's only taken 3 naps because they've been so long, usually he takes 4 naps. His usually wake times are around 1.5, 2, 2, 2.5, 3


Postpartum
I haven't written much about my postpartum before because generally nothing happened. I healed really well, I had tons of help in the beginning and because of the pandemic Dan has been working from home so it's been like an extended paternity leave really. Because of all this I feel like I was spoiled when learning how to handle two kids. I've had lots of help, I don't feel pressured to go anywhere (because I can't), I don't need to learn how to grocery shop with two kids (because I can't). It's been really wonderful.

I've been working out since I was cleared at 6 weeks and have been using the SWEAT app. She has a postpartum program that I really loved doing. I felt like it helped me heal, it was hard but not too hard and they helped restrengthen all the muscles that get thrown out of whack when you carry a baby for 9 months then give birth. After that program I started doing BBG again and I've really loved that too. I've seen a lot of muscle changes in my legs and I love feeling stronger. My hair had been falling out around 4 and 5 months PP so I got a hair cut and chopped it all off for summer which helps with the shed a bit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January