May

6 weeks into quarantine, might as well jump on the home projects train! We fixed out leaky shower. And Carson showing off his quarantine body.

I made the churro recipe from Disneyland. Heads up, it makes A LOT of churros but they are delicious.


Look at these cute boys! Oh they kill me!


Our close friends the Wasden's made the cutest onesie for Carson. How awesome is this!?


I made some more Lion House Rolls. Divine as usual!

I had a wonderful mother's day surrounded by my boys! These are raw and real pictures of what motherhood usually looks like for me. No makeup, half in pj's, probably some spit up somewhere. Not picture perfect, but perfect for me. I'm so thankful for my sweet boys.

Brooks' answers had me rolling so I had to document them and of course with the card, they know me so well haha!



Dan took the week of Memorial Day off as an after busy season break. Originally the forecast said it was going to rain all day everyday and with somethings still closed due to COVID-19, we were going to get really creative of fun things we could do together. But as the week went on it only rained on Memorial Day and was beautiful for the rest of the week! We were so happy and we were able to do some fun things.

So on Memorial Day it rained most of the day until about 4pm. It was so weird to have a cool and rainy day that's usually hot and spent outside. Usually be have a ward breakfast and I remember it usually being HOT. I got out of 4th of July decorations and put them up around the house. Brooks found some bubbles in there so even though it was raining we all went out on our small covered patio and blew some bubbles! We played some patriotic music and watched some memorial day specials that were live streamed. We went for a drive to get out of the house and it stopped raining and cleared up. For dinner we made hamburgers with all the fixin's (am I Texan yet?) then went for a beautiful walk around the neighborhood. It was a low-key but very enjoyable day and I loved being able to teach Brooks and Carson what we're honoring on holidays like these.

Tuesday was a low key day- I had an eye appointment because I'm out of contacts so I went and did that. This was the second time I had to wear a mask out for an extensive amount of time and boy it is annoying to wear, breathe and try to talk in! I will wear it but it's not my favorite.

Wednesday we drove out to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Zoo. This was a perfect place to go because it's a drive-thru wildlife park. Already COVID friendly ha! It's about 1.5 hours from our house so we packed a lunch and went. They have ostriches, emus, bongos, addax, giraffes, cheetah, rhinos, deer and tons of other animals I don't know the names of. A majority of the specific animals they have are endangered so they work with saving and conserving the species. It was SO COOL! They give you food, you drive through, roll down your widows and toss food out to them and a lot of them will come up to your car. The smart ones literally just stand there, won't move, you drive up to them and feed them haha!




The giraffes were special because we got to feed them by hand from our car! The first giraffe snubbed us but the second one didn't. We stuck B out the sunroof to feed the giraffe. He was so excited then got a real up close look and the giraffe standing over him and FROZE. He got scared and decided he didn't want to do it anymore but the giraffe smelled food and was sniffing all over him trying to find it haha! We got B out of the sunroof, I fed the giraffe and thankfully looking back B though the whole thing was funny and wasn't traumatized by it haha!





It took about 2 hours to drive through the park and it was so fun to see and feed so many different types of animals! Then we headed home. The kids did great in the car. Carson fussed when he was hungry and tired and by the end of the drive he definitely wanted out of the car seat. But hey it wasn't too bad for a 4 month old and a total of 5 hours in the car!


Turner Falls






On Friday The Fort Worth Zoo opened back up. We went and had a great time. I was surprised at how many people there were, I thought they'd limit capacity more. But we were careful, hygienic minded and respectful of others. The indoor exhibits weren't open but we enjoyed our time with what was open.

We love buying Georgia peaches from The Peach Truck every year. Last year we bought a box to try them out and this year we bought 3 boxes because they are so good! We freeze them and eat them for months. So we set them all out to ripe then in about 3 days they were ready. We ate a ton just whole, we peeled half, sliced them and froze them.

Carson's favorite teething toy- an arm. And these two boys are the sweetest!

We were getting a new fence so we did a painting project outside, not caring if the fence got paint on it. Brooks painted his name!


Out front out lillies started to bloom and they are just so pretty! This year we cut some to enjoy in the house longer because the heat fries them pretty quickly!


Home project #2 I finally decided on some hardware and we installed it in our kitchen and bathrooms, woo hoo! Why did it take me so long to do this?




Carson is 4 months!



I was so sick of the mane of hair! I chooped it and it was the best decision I ever made. So happy my hair lady could finally work again.



Sunday best!


The eyebrow game is strong in our family

Brooks vs Carson
4 months same jacket


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January