March


The month of March was an interesting one. It started out completely normal but went downhill fast as a result on the Coronavirus pandemic. I started out the month with my mom coming into town to help me figure out life with two kids! She came right when Dan went back to work and it was so wonderful to have her help. My mom is an angel and helped with anything and everything. She did all the things my brain was forgetting, made sure I got the sleep I needed and loved on my kiddos.


We kept it pretty easy going and didn't do a lot of adventuring. I was more content with finding a new normal but we did do some outings. Brooks especially loved these trucks at the Tanger Outlets. We were on a hunt to find him some jeans and we finally did!

Brooks took this photo of me changing Carson. I just laugh at Carson's face like 'What are you doing?' haha!

One of my favorite photos. Dan is such a good dad.

I just can't get enough of this cute baby! While grandma was here we did a lot of playing, outside, play doh, coloring and lots of Monster Trucks. Carson spent most of his time eating, pooping and sleeping.



When you toddler asks you to draw PJ Masks, you draw PJ Masks!

Progressive photos oh what I see when trying to put Carson to sleep. Most often I see photo 1- eyes wide open staring at me. But slowly.....he drifts off.



My Dad came into town and we tried out a new BBQ place for dinner and then the next day I braved Costco. I had been meaning to go all week to pick up some food for everyone that was coming into town for Carson's blessing. I put it off too long and people started panicking about COVID-19. I left the kids with my parents, went to Costco early and found a line in the rain. It was like black friday but people flocked to the toilet paper. Thankfully I needed produce, milk and bread- and those things were a hot commodity yet so I was in and out within 15 minutes but it was wild to see that line and people hoarding things. This also happened to be the last time I went to the store for 3 weeks. And then I only did a delivery to my home!

Even though things were starting to be unsteady due to COVID-19, our family was still able to come and be here for Carson's blessing. Bishop and Julie Frandsen came and it was so special. It was a great Sunday to be surrounded by family.





My Grandma Bullock makes these birth announcements and they're so awesome! We got Carson's while my dad was here so we took a picture to send to my Grandma.

And just like that my parent's time here was over. We scored this cute picture before their Uber arrived to take them to the airport. It was awesome for them to be here and we loved that they were here to love on our kids!

The original plan was to have Sylvia stay longer to spend time with the boys however at this point things were really starting to unravel due to the virus. We were sure what was going to happen, what would be closing and how social distancing was supposed to work. We all agreed it would be best for everyone to go home as soon as possible to avoid any problems. Jen and Phil drove back to Florida and Eric and Sylvia to Missouri. Looking back it was so good they all got back when they did to try to salvage what they could at the grocery stores.

After everyone left, I had one full day of me and two kids before Dan's work asked them to work from home. So overnight we rearranged our closet and this is what we came up with until the table, chair and monitors we ordered arrived. And yes, that's my half of the closet.




The last two weeks of March were just finding our new new normal. Raising two kids, figuring out boundaries while Dan works from home, learning how to give two kids my attention, Brooks learning he can't always have my attention. Lots of growing for everyone. Honestly it has helped my anxiety so much with having Dan working from home. It really does something to my morale to just know he's there if I absolutely needed him.






 

 

 

 






It's been a weird month and I know a lot of people are filled with anxiety and fear. I'll write more about this in another post but we were oddly very prepared for this. I'll be forever grateful for the ways God prepared us to be filled with peace and hope. We've quarantined since our family left because we have such a new baby but I haven't felt like it was a burden. I've loved the time Dan has been able to spend with us (it's busy season so usually we wouldn't see him much). I've loved not having the pressure of staying busy or getting back to my normal outings. I've loved being able to grow as a family and find my new normal. I wouldn't consider myself a complete introvert and I do miss my friends and play dates but having this positive outlook has really helped us enjoy this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January