Carson: 3 Months

Growth
  • Clothing size: 3 months, 3-6 Months
  • Diaper size: 1 
  • 14 lbs 6 oz (56%) At home weighing 

Likes
  • Sucking on his hands
  • Being naked and diaper changes
  • Bath time
  • Sitting up and trying to stand
  • Being talked to
  • Watching Brooks

Dislikes
  • Being left alone
  • Getting out of the bath

General

We have made it through the 4th trimester! Although it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, this time around was a lot easier than with Brooks. Either I know what I'm doing and can read baby cues better or Carson is just a more chill baby... probably a bit of both! Plus Carson taking a binky makes a big difference too!


Carson is such a happy and usually calm baby. He loves to interact, talk and play. He loves it when we mimic his noises. He is all smiles and we got our first baby giggles this month which is so so sweet! He loves to sit up and can get pretty upset if I lay him down when he doesn't want to be. He LOVES his bath but screams his head off when he gets out.


Breastfeeding

Carson threw me for a loop this last month. For a couple weeks he was eating every 2 hours  during the day and was acting like he was starving every time. Then one day overnight he started going longer stretches. However I was so used to feeding him every two hours, when he got fussy I automatically assumed he was hungry. He gets so mad when I try to feed him and he's not hungry. It was a wild couple of days trying to figure out when he was hungry. He still isn't on any sort of a schedule. This closest he gets is eating at 7am, 9am, 1pm, 5pm, 9pm, 2am. He usually eats more frequently in the morning and then spreads out the afternoon but who knows.

When he is actually hungry and I guess right, he eats very well. He's not hurting for weight and is still super healthy which helps me not worry.


Sleep

Carson goes down for naps like a champ during the day. Depending on how long his naps are he will take 4 or 5. It's especially easy to get him down for his first 2 naps, he acts so tired! Sometimes his wake time is only an hour but I'm trying to stretch them. He'll usually take two 40 min naps in the morning, a longer hour or two nap in the after noon, then 40 minutes plus a cat nap before bedtime. Bedtime isn't a set time yet because I'm still going by his wake times but it's anywhere from 7:30-10pm. It's a work in progress.


He is still swaddled and has a binky but shows no signs of rolling. I did try him in the zippy suit one nap and he was fine to my surprise! He takes all his nap in his crib with white noise. At night he still sleeps in a bassinet next to me. He usually eats 2 times at night but there are some night where I have to put this binky in a lot of get up a rock him back to sleep. Soon I'll start working on helping him get back to sleep on his own but it just doesn't feel right yet, I'll give it a couple more weeks and see.

Comments


  1. what a cute and sweet look on his face!! Love our Carson.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January