Robison Baby #2!

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting baby #2 in January 2020!

It took almost a year which is totally common but I'll be honest I was impatient! I actually was asked by many people during this time if we wanted to have more kids. I would respond, "Yes we do! Whenever God will bless us with more. It's in His hands!" and I loved the responses I got from this because most of the time they'd be excited and would offer to pray for us. YES! More prayers, give me all the prayers for a baby! We put it to God and waited for his timing.

Finally I got a positive test! There were months were I just felt like THIS was it, but was completely wrong. I think I wanted it so badly my body started throwing out pseudo pregnancy symptoms.
We're having a baby!!




Week 4
Last time I was pregnant I had really painful implantation cramps. Like I was doubled over in stabbing pain. This time I only had regular menstrual-like cramping.


Week 5 
I had one day were I was suddenly SO TIRED. I'm not sure if it was because of our fun Memorial Day weekend, pregnancy or both! I had to lay down. I put on a movie for B and fell asleep. Unfortunately I woke up to him having an accident on the carpet, but that's basically motherhood summed up in once sentence! I was super thirsty but made sure to stay hydrated to avoid the dry cracked lips I had when I was expecting Brooks.


Week 6
This was our stay-cation week and we did A LOT. Towards the end of the week I was feeling pretty tired and was starting to have small aversions to food but was still able to eat mostly anything. Some mornings had me feeling pretty woozy and tired.


Week 7 
I called this prep week because I'm fully prepared for crap to hit the fan next week. That's when I got sick last time. I'm having a really hard time staying full, like I'm always hungry but nothing sounds good. I thought I'd want sweet snacks but I'm all about the salty right now? I felt really good a couple days, even worked out on those days! And then had to rest a lot on the other days. Dan was out of town this week but thankfully my sweet Brooks was so helpful and understanding.


Week 8

It's gotten worse but not as bad as I expected. I've been nauseous mostly from 10am-noon. Nothing sounds good but I'm hungry all the time. I can't stand the smell of my fridge or the thought of broccoli. I really have to control my thoughts so they don't make me nauseous. I'm also very tired. Brooks has been a rockstar and playing independently most mornings while mama lays on the couch. We had our first appointment this week! I was very anxious before this appointment because I'm now more aware than last time of how common miscarriages are but thankfully all looked perfect! My heart was put at ease and we are so so thankful to God for the health of our baby.



We were kind of waiting for this first appointment to go well before we told Brooks but Brooks hears EVERYTHING so I think he already knew. Dan and Brooks got to come along so he got to see the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat! We explained to him what was going on and showed him the pictures and he was so excited! He loves babies and I think he's really excited to have a sibling.



In the days following the appointment that's all Brooks could talk about! That we went to the doctor and saw a baby in mama's tummy. He even unexpectedly gave my stomach hugs and kisses and my heart melted. He's been so sweet to me in my exhaustion and nausea. He's very understanding for a 2.5 year old.

Week 9
There isn't a picture because I didn't care enough about it! That's what nausea and exhaustion will do to ya. I can eat cheese, bread, fruit, anything chocolate, mashed potatoes and (already cooked) chicken. 

This week was probably some of the worst of it. When I couldn't function I'd just lay on the couch and Brooks would play independently and be fine. He would come and check on me, say a prayer for me, bring me any food I asked for (within his reach) or water, and pat my back. He rarely gets into anything he's not supposed to and I don't deserve this angel child! 

Week 10
I had two bad days this week but more good so we're improving! It was also my birthday this week so I ate sweets all day and even had an appetite for steak which was surprising. I also bought some Preggie anti nausea drops and used them for a 4th of July breakfast we attended and they totally worked!

On my birthday all I wanted was to sleep then eat whatever sounded good and that's exactly what Dan allowed me to do! Best birthday ever!


Week 11
I had one really good day where my energy was back and I thought, 'I did it! We're uphill from here!' Wrong. The next two days were awful, food aversions, exhaustion, nausea from not eating then nausea from eating. Totally threw me for a loop and now I'm hoping it's uphill from here? I've also started having a lot of crazy dreams. I had these last pregnancy too so I expect them. I took a lot of naps this week.


Week 12
Brooks wanted to pose with me

I woke up at 12 weeks and felt normal! What a surprise! I did gag at the smell of the trash but I still calling it a win for me. I had two good days then the rest of the week I was tired and nauseous but I feel like it's betting better. All I want to eat is french bread sandwiches, salt and vinegar chips and suddenly I want ice in my water (I never like ice!). We had our second appointment at 12 weeks and everything looked good with a heartbeat of 160. It's nice that people now know why I'm so tired all the time. All these side effects are so worth it though! We are so grateful for this baby and constantly pray that it grows healthy and strong. Thank you for all your congrats and kind words! We are so excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January