The End of Summer

There have been a couple things I've accidentally forget to cover in my blogs for whatever reason. The first being WE BOUGHT A NEW (to us) CAR! Ever since we bought our house we knew our next big expense would be a new car. Our 2000 Maxima, who I affectionately call Max, was on his way out. He served us well for over 200,000 miles! Dan took the brunt of car shopping which I'm thankful for because to me... it's boring. We went back and forth between a larger 'mom' car or getting a sedan for Dan. We worked hard, saved up and paid for it in cash which feels SO GOOD. Living without debt is so freeing! I present to you our Toyota Camry. It's so pretty! (insert heart eye emoji)

We weren't looking for lots of bells and whistles. We just wanted a reliable car that will last us forever. However new features to me, which have been kinda nice are the back up camera and bluetooth. We love it and much to Dan's dismay I'm still trying to figure out a name for it.


My SIL and her family had a staycation at Great Wolf Lodge which is like hotel that is the mecca for all things that kids love. Indoor & outdoor water parks, arcade, kid spa, characters, activities, adult gyms and spas etc. They had an extra wristband for the water park so Brooks and I went and spent the day there. We had a BLAST! I couldn't stop thanking Jenny for inviting us because Brooks loved it. We played and I wore him out so much that he actually napped on me! We ate, played some more then went home (but to be honest I never wanted to leave). What an awesome way to end our summer.

Dan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary by going to the Piano Guys! A huge thank you to my friend Tara who watched Brooks (and put him to bed!) for us so we could go. It was such a fun evening and I loved every second of it!



Our last ode to summer by having an afternoon in the backyard. Naked babies are the cutest!



We celebrated Dan's birthday! He took a couple days off and we had such a fun extended weekend. For his birthday we got him a dutch oven and his work got him a raise, yay! We went to Red Robin for dinner, had a great Sunday then spent Labor Day with Jenny and Phil. We got projects done around the house then went to the Zoo one day.





We had such a fun time! I think seeing Brooks discover the birds was my favorite part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

January

This is Important