11 Months


Growth
  • Clothing: 9-12 months
  • Diaper size: 3
  • WALKING (about 90% of the time)
  • Claps and plays peek-a-boo, signs more and please
  • Two more top teeth are breaking in. (4 top, 4 bottom)

Likes
  • Being on the couch
  • PB toast
  • Pushing and climbing
  • Pulling all the wipes out of the package
  • Doors

Dislikes
  • Carrots
  • Cookies, cupcakes and donuts (whose child is this??)

General
I knew Brooks wanted to walk but he surprised me when he started at 10.5 months! Watching him learn how to walk is just amazing and so.. exhilarating! Is that weird? He's getting braver and more daring every day and can walk across the room now. I'm interested to see what kind of adjustments I'll need to make in coming weeks.

He has recently become more attached to me (which I love!) He's always been so independent, busy and NOT a snuggler. Just with in the last few weeks he'll come lay on my lap, sit with me or lay on my chest. It's so great for the fleeting 10 minutes it lasts until he's off to conquer the living room.




Food and Sleep
He takes 2 naps a day and sleeps about 11 hours a night. We had our first two baby sitters this month too! Well the first one he was already asleep, but it still counts for my mom brain to be able to part with my baby. The second time my friend had to put him to bed. She said he fussed for 10 seconds them was OUT! I thought it would go well because he's pretty flexible but it was a relief that it actually went that way. 

Brooks rarely gets up at night but there are times with teething that I'll go rock him. One day when we were swimming he actually took a nap on me! That's also very rare but it was great so we could play more.



I'm nursing him 3 times a day now. A couple weeks ago we were driving and I couldn't nurse him so I gave him a snack instead and he didn't even notice. I did it the next day to see if he cared, he didn't. And that's how we got down to three at 7, 1 and 7. I was worried about the weaning process before but so far it just seems to be happening naturally which I'm happy about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January