Jan + Feb Stories

We knew something was munching on our BBQ tarp, One day I randomly caught a glimpse of a tail scurry past the door so I went out to investigate. I found the tarp even more shredded and what looks to be beginnings of a nest or home for someone.

Of course I started video taping (with my over tired baby in the background) and I spotted the culprit!

Dan brought these beauties home for me after we all had a rough week of sickness. They are so pretty, they made my day!


I couldn't get him to take an evening nap and he desperately needed it so I tried nursing him to sleep which eventually worked but then I was trapped. I successfully moved him and he slept like this.

Dan went to recruit at BYUI for a couple days. Last year I went with him and it was pretty fun to see family and friends. This year I could have gone... but I didn't feel like flying with a baby yet and have you seen the weather up there? Um, no thank you! It was just easier to stay here. Brooks and I had a grand time. After I put him to bed I made myself a lush bath, put on a face mask and ate ice cream while in the tub just because I can.




I've been working on two BIG things with Brooks lately. I'm making sure he not making a nursing/sleep association and that he can fall asleep on his own. These kind of go hand in hand. Instead of nursing him right before I put him down for bed I've slowly been moving it up. Before swaddle. Then before jammies and most recently before he even gets his bath. That way when I put him in his crib he's tired, but he's awake. This way he's learning to fall asleep completely independently from me. Then when he randomly wakes up in the middle of the night and isn't hungry he knows how to fall back asleep.



That was a long explanation for a very small part in this story. So because I was switching up our routine I was a little off my game one night. That evening started out with a diaper blowout up the back. This usually doesn't happen to him but because of the antibiotics I was on (sinus infection) it makes everything... more liquid. Anyways because I was dealing with the blowout I just quickly put him in the bath. When I got him out of the bath and went to go lay him on the bed I realize I forgot to set out his towel. Now I'm faced with a choice, what do I choose to soak? Do I set him on the bed anyways? (I should have chose this option, you'll see why) I decide to just fully embrace my naked wet cold baby, soak myself so I could get another hand to get his towel. Problem solved, no big deal.


I put lotion on him grab the diaper and realize he needs some butt cream. The butt cream is on the dresser, like TWO FEET from me. I go and grab it turn around to see him peeing. PEEING EVERYWHERE. Literally 2 seconds and he was soaking my bedspread and himself. It was dim (bedtime ambiance) but I tried my best to stop the spray. At this point I'm looking at my baby that was freshly bathed 30 seconds ago now covered in a mixture of lotion and pee trying to decide what to do. He's smiling. Of course he's smiling. Ahhh I'll just baby wipe him down, his pee is clean anyways right? (this also happened to me again a couple days later. Will I ever learn?)




For the Superbowl we went to Jenny & Phill's house and I do like football but if we're being totally honest here... I enjoy the food more. We had wings, shrimp cocktail, salsa, guac, queso, little smokies, sliders, pasta salad, soda and I just had to make football brownies. Food coma.

Once again we put Brooks to bed over there and had to wake him up to come home but he does pretty good with the transition. He's not perfect but it doesn't seem to totally ruin his sleep schedule.

No sooner did he learn how to roll back to front, he figured out front to back. He hates tummy time and figured out a way to solve his problem. Every time I put him on his belly within a minute (sometimes seconds) he's flipped. He leaves his face on the ground and walks his feet up so his butt is in the air then topples over. Clever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January