Is This Real Life? (29 & 30 week update)

How far along:
29 weeks
Baby is as big as an: 
Acorn Squash
Total weight gain: 
 16 lbs
Maternity clothes: 
I bought my first official maternity shirt (modeled in the picture above) and I'm in love with it! It's a pretty pattern and a light and airy fabric for summer. It makes me feel pretty and actually not as pregnant? Not sure how that works? I also bought another shirt, it's not specifically maternity. It's a pretty, blue, 3/4 sleeve, flowy and long shirt that would be perfect to wear with my new maternity leggings. I've been on the hunt for long shirts that cover my booty to wear with leggings. YES I'm going to be one of those people who are wearing leggings as pants under long shirts. I've been trying to find cute summer dresses but no luck yet.
Sleep:
Sleep is still good. I've had shortness of breath so when I lay down at night I feel like I can finally breath deeply and it's nice. Sometime my bladder calls in the middle of the night and I've been having super weird dreams. Other than that I'm still loving my sleep.
Movement?
Two nights in a row he was SO ACTIVE as I was trying to fall asleep. Like the most active I've ever felt him. He was all up in my ribs and it tickled! I know I sound crazy but I was legitimately laughing. He probably kept me from falling asleep for maybe like 15 minutes?
Best moment this week: 
Feeling baby boy so much! Going swimming with family and starting on a baby blanket.
Weird pregnancy moment:
Two weird things happened to be this week. I definitely have pregnancy grip (aka none) because I broke another glass kitchen item this week. Goodbye butter plate! I drop everything and I really hate it. The second weird thing is that Saturday night/ Sunday morning I had the weirdest dream so far. I don't watch Sister Wives but I recently saw a commercial for it so my brain went wild. In a nutshell I had a dream Dan was forced (by whom? No idea) to have another wife and I was freaking out. Then I was petting chipmunks and holding giant rabbits. I woke up to use the restroom right after that but told Dan I had a bad dream and got extra cuddles :)
Symptoms:
This was the first week my lower back has been sore. I spent three hours one day shopping and walking all over stores and the next day I was sore and hurting. Since then I've been trying to correct my posture. I already have a sway back so I'm trying my best to correct it.
Food cravings:
This week I really enjoyed baked potatoes (with cottage cheese duh), PB&J and flour tortillas. I tried really hard to make this gallon of milk last longer... I'm not doing so well.
What I'm looking forward to: 
Well I know this is a long way off but recent events sparked this. I told my work this week that I won't be returning after I have the baby. That's what Dan and I have wanted to do since the beginning and we feel confident and happy in our decision. I feel very grateful that we have the option because I know many families don't. So although motherhood is going to be a big adjustment (it is for everyone right!) filled with new challenges, learning experiences, frustrations and hard trials, I'm ready to enter a new stage in my life. (Note how I said I'm ready for a new stage and not specifically for motherhood because really, is anyone fully prepared and ready for motherhood? I don't think so). I'm excited to be able to take vacations with my new family when we want and to an extent, create my own schedule. I know this peace and motivation is based on my belief in the importance of families. They are the center of society and the center of God's plan. I know this is His will for us and I know that's were this excitement and feeling of fulfillment comes.

I recently finished reading this book and have been really excited to give these principles a try. It's about discarding the things in your life that don't spark joy. It teaches a method of how to part and get rid of things to declutter your life. 

I overhauled my closet and it totally worked for me! I couldn't go through everything for example, jeans and other pants, because I can't try them on to see if they fit etc. So those I'll save for after baby but the rest I was able to downsize a lot. A majority of people want a simple life but I realized I like having lots of 'stuff'. It's almost a comfort thing? Those two ideas can't coincide. It's not that I like having 'stuff' but I view it as having options. I thought having more clothing/more jewelry was good because I wanted options. However I'm not a good decision maker and can be very indecisive (I'm working on it) so having a lot of options and choices to make was terrible for me! I feel like someone turned on the light finally, DING! I get it! I love looking in my closet and only seeing things I LOVE and things that make me feel PRETTY. I was afraid at first and skeptical about some things (like folding socks) but it's totally working for me. I'm excited as I apply this to more areas in my life.

I definitely enjoyed 7/11 What's even better is that because Haslet is pretty small there was no line!

Our bunny friends have gotten brave and have been checking out our patio. So close! An not that's not a present it left. It's an ill placed dirt clod.


Sneak peak of the blanket I'm making for baby boy (still nameless but I have like... 11 weeks right?!)






How far along:
30 weeks
Ahhh that's such a big number!
Baby is as big as an: 
Butternut Squash
(why all these different types of squash?)
Total weight gain: 
 17 lbs 
I've officially hit 150 lbs. So weird to see that number on the scale!
Maternity clothes: 
Some people are commenting on how in the world I still fit my normal tshirts but they probably look tighter than they feel. This trick to being pregnant during a Texas summer is that you stay inside!  I also had some great maternity finds. Target always has some good finds (but pricey in my opinion. Thank you gift cards and coupons!) but I've had so much luck at ROSS! I have bought 3 maternity shirts there now. Yes you have to dig around a little but I scored some awesome and cheap deals.
Sleep:
I've still been sleeping well. When I roll over to wake up in the morning and look through my phone, baby boy always starts kicking. Maybe he's keeping me from falling back asleep? I had a really long day this week and was pooped but I slept so well. I do have to be careful of muscle cramps and making sure I roll over slowly.
Movement?
I felt a lot of swift and strong movements this week. I've felt him more in my ribs this week too although that hasn't been painful. Felt some good rolls and I can definitely see him moving.
Best moment this week: 
Feeling motivated to get organized! Dan was gone all week so I also loved when we came home... right before he leaves again.
Weird pregnancy moment:
I feel like I'm struggling with the English language? I'd like to consider myself a good public speaker but lately my words are just leaving me. All the time. My coworkers are pretty good at filing in my blanks however I'm training someone right now so sometimes I find myself having a hard time explaining something. With blogging as I proof read I find myself using the same words over and over again...oops I also feel like some of my sentences aren't grammatically correct... so sorry for that, I'm struggling in that area haha!
Symptoms:
My feet don't seem to be swelling yet but I do feel them start to hurt sooner during the day. I like to put them up and massage them after a long day. I can still reach my toes! I painted them probably for the last time this pregnancy. My fingers don't visibly swell but I feel my ring becoming more snug. I'll still wear it during the day because I'm inside but if I'm out and about running errands or I know I'll be outside all day I'll wear my Qalo which I LOVE. Click the link and check them out.
Food cravings:
Sandwiches, cereal, fruit, milk. And I had a craving for soda one day. I like soda but I rarely drink it and can rarely finish a can by myself. Not that day though! It was gone. Still sweets, of course.
What I'm looking forward to: 
Seeing my normal doctor this week so she can clear me to FLY. We're going to Wisconsin for a family reunion and I'm super excited. I think I might need a new swimsuit before I go? We'll see if I grow much before then. I'm also ready for Dan to be home :)

I made a Texas Sheet cake this week. Melt in your mouth heaven!

While Dan was home this weekend we ran some errands and our favorite thing to do right now is to look at baby things! One thing we've been researching a lot is car seats and strollers. I think we found a good fit for us, we might think about it then go see it in person again. I feel like this has been the hardest thing for us to decide so far? There's so many choices, options, add ons and everything costs money. Adult life.

Oh before I forget, I've gotten a lot of questions about registries. We've registered at Amazon & Buy Buy Baby. But then I realized BBB isn't everywhere so we also registered at Target too. They all have similar things, I tried to make them as streamlined as possible but to be honest, Amazon is the most complete haha! Click on the links and if they don't work just search for our names, they're public registries :)
 I've decided on grey and blue for the nursery. A majority of the nursery is going to be white and beige with accents of grey, navy, blue and some browns. Obviously Dan will want some sport oriented things in there. Overall I want something simple, calm and soothing. If you want to see some inspiration photos I've come across that I like, here's my pinterest board. Mine will be much more simpler than the ones you see on pinterest. I don't have a strong desire to have an intricate theme and decorations, I just want sometime simple but beautiful, put together... and budget friendly. A girl can dream right ;) 

I can't believe we're at 30 weeks guys! I am grateful everyday for my health, my baby's health and that I'm feeling really good. I'm only slightly uncomfortable when sitting and have to make sure I can breathe but everything else has been a breeze in most of the second and so far of the third. I pray for the best for the next 10 weeks but I'm also prepared for this honeymoon stage to end.

Comments

  1. I hope you enjoy your visit to Wisconsin! It's starting to really grow on me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you moved there! What a cool adventure. I'm really looking forward to weather under 90 degrees!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January