January

I have found that the best time to drive to Dallas is EARLY in the morning before the crazies are out! We had an early drive to the temple Saturday morning to fill a 7am assignment. I was tired but boy, what a good way to start your day! There is probably not anything better. Dan went to work for a couple hours and I went to go buy a PIANO. Woo hoo! I have been so excited to eventually buy one and I'm happy we were able to for my graduation gift. The digital pianos now are so much more advanced than they were when I was growing up. The sound, timbre, resonance and the weight of the keys are huge improvements.


That night we invited as couple of Dan's coworkers, including the new interns from BYUI for dinner. We BBQed burgers and had a great dinner then played pieface. I got lucky and was the only one that didn't get hit! It was so fun and we even build a fire in our fireplace. Cozy. Lucky us, We got called in to meet with the a member of the bishopric and were given new/more callings! In addition to the Webelos Den Leader I am also now their primary teacher. Dan went from the assistant scout master to THE Scoutmaster. I know it's a lot of responsibility in a calling but I know if anyone can juggling that and busy season, it's Dan.






This week was awesome because it looked like this: M - MLK no work, T - Work, W - Training, Th - Training, F - Work.

Monday the wives got together from out BBQ and window shopped at Home Goods, At Home, Costco and had some lunch. It was really fun! Because I'm working all the time it was nice to see some friends during the day! Tuesday at work was CRAZY. After the weekend and a holiday we had so much mail that needed to be posted. I was exhausted by the end but the thing that kept me going is that I had training the next two days. Training was great! I learned new strategies, ways to improve myself and member service. Got some free stuff and was thoroughly fed. Doughnuts and kolaches for breakfast, chips, cookies, oreos, soda, tea and crackers for snack. One day we went to Los Vaqueros for lunch and I ordered the brisket tacos, AMAZING! The next day we went to Coopers which is a smoke pit BBQ chophouse. I've been there before and it's always a treat to go. Food coma! Plus i got to wear jeans at training, score!

I obviously need this in my entry way no?

I went to the Retired Inspired book signing, so fun!

We went on a Fort Worth History and Ghost Tour





 I got to watch our neighbors pups! So cute!


Dan and I went to the Fort Worth Stock Show









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January