Home Sweet Home

Leading up to closing we were like, “In two days, we’ll have a house!” or “Tomorrow we’ll own a house!” I was kind of nervous before the closing process only because I didn’t want there to be any problems. After it was over I was so happy. Closing was the easiest thing ever. We went in, signed documents for 30 minutes (the closer did a great job of explaining the documents we hadn’t seen before) and then left! Just like that we are legally tied to our new home!



Overall I felt this was way too easy to buy a home. Yes you have to give them all your documents, taxes, pay stubs but I didn’t find that annoying or hard. I think the hardest part was looking at the houses and trying to decide if we liked it enough to make an offer. We owe a HUGE thank you to our great team. They’re a big part of the reason why it was so stress free. If you need a good team I highly recommend Churchill Mortgage. Randy in the Dallas office did phenomenal work. And Sally Zobrist from Keller Williams Realty did a fantastic job, showing us property, giving us advice and explaining the whole house buying process to us. Not in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Churchill Mortgage is nationwide; you don’t need an office near you to be served by them. In fact, I never even met Randy! Sally has a great network or realtors all over the United States and can find a great match for you. I just can’t brag about them enough! This whole process has been a dream!


Moving process



Of course it rained the day we moved


THANK YOU Pinterest


Realizations about having a house
- No one lives above us!
- No one lives below us! STOMP STOMP STOMP
- There's so much space!
- I can do cartwheels in my living room
- I've unpacked and there are still empty cupboards and shelves
- How do I decorate a house?
- We have TWO bathrooms! No more awkward instances of us both having to go.
- Dan can scream at football if he wants
- I have to care for bushes, trees and the lawn... how do I do that? Let's see if my thumb is green

Pictures of our home!







I’m pretty sure everyone already saw this, but if you haven’t prepare yourself. I walked outside to see if we killed all our fire ants (we haven’t) and I scream because I see this:




Very scream worthy sight right? I went back inside because it seemed like the bug was mad at me. I watched it and when he finally calmed down I went back and watched what he was doing. It was dragging this dead giant spider across my porch to who knows where! I googled it ferociously for about 20 minutes until I finally figured out what it was. It’s a tarantula wasp. It has a VERY painful and nasty sting that paralyzes the spider. The wasp brings the spider back to its nest and lays its eggs on it. When the eggs hatch the baby wasps eat the tarantula. HORRIFYING RIGHT? That day I always found a dead june bug in the back of a drawer we never use and a giant twitching beetle in my kitchen. I almost had the guy hooking up our internet come and kill it for me.




On a morning I had off, we scheduled everyone and their dog to come by the house; we had the gas guy, locksmith and the internet guy all there. They did their jobs wonderfully and I’m so happy we have hot water now. Cold showers are not fun.

We went to the ATT Stadium for Thomas Rhett’s release party. It was a last minute decision because on the day of they made the concert tickets free! We didn’t participate in the World Record setting of the largest twister game (it was official), but we did get to walk about the stadium and see Thomas Rhett perform. He did his new songs and his hits from the last album, it was so fun! It wasn’t a huge event, it wasn’t packed, we had a great spot so we could see well and it was FREE. Best day ever. And that stadium is gorgeous! It’s very elegant and high class which surprised me for a football stadium. It’s well-kept and fancy. We had so much fun.






It was also Alex's birthday! He's a whopping 6 years old now! So fun to celebrate with him.



Sydney going for the cake!

Then our great friends here in Texas blessed their new baby! Such a sweet experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January