August

Dan’s company had a summer party that we attended. They rented a pontoon boat off of Lake Lewisville at a place called Stinky Pete’s. Sounds pleasant right? Regardless of the name, we had such a blast! Half of us went out on the boat and enjoyed the refreshing water. They had snacks and drinks on the boat so we sat of a life jacket and floated in the water. They had a giant tube so we did some tubing as well, it was pretty fun. The pontoon boat can’t haul like a regular boat so you didn’t feel like you were going to die while tubing which was great! We came back, ordered some food and played lots of volleyball. I was kind of nervous but I think I was getting the hang of it by the end. I went for a dig and it hit my fingernail and broke it in half. Don’t laugh, breaking a nail hurts way more than you think! It was way up my nail and it bled for a while. Over all it was super fun to hang out on the boat and run around in the sun.





It's finally sunk in. I'm DONE with classes! I never have to take another class again! Well unless I want to.. but for now I think I'll be done for a bit. This has been a long time coming, a little bit longer than I anticipated but I finished. I can't believe it's finally here!I started at Susan G Komen! August 19th was my first day. I was getting so nervous coming up to that date, but then I would remember that it’s volunteer and not paid and then I felt better. It’s like service! So far it’s going good and most of the time I have no idea what I’m doing haha. Okay a majority of the time I know what I’m doing, but with any new job there are moments where you smile and nod… then go google it. It’s going great and I think I’m getting great experience.

First Day!

We spent a Saturday and went to Six Flags with Jenny and Phil! Because we’re season pass holders there are certain days that we each are allowed to take a friend for free. They got a baby sitter and we went on a double date to Six Flags! It was hot but the lines weren’t too long. The roller coasters rock, even though I’ve rode them all before. Dan and I love roller coasters!



We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on August 25th! I can’t believe it’s been three years. Marriage is fun and I love learning and growing with Dan. It’s not all rainbows and butterflies; good things take work, effort, love and patience but it’s always worth it! To celebrate we went out to dinner at Bj’s… mostly because we wanted a pazookie. The food was great; we tried to keep it low key we were leaving on our cruise that weekend. It was an awesome day to celebrate and look back over the years!




Other random pictures

Mutual

This is how Sydney covers her ears

Working a health fair for SGK


Dan's birthday package, with a gift for me haha

Friday night lights with Dan!

Comments

  1. Awesome, three years! That's so sweet. I'm excited to read about your cruise! We're thinking about doing one for our first anniversary.

    By the way, is your blog public now? I've been thinking about making mine public too so it's easier for people to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend cruises to everyone, I think they're the best! Yeah I did make it public for now. I'm going to keep it that way for now... and if I don't like it I'll just go back :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January