Birthday Fun

First things first- I chopped my hair off! Everyone else around me thinks it such a drastic change but I feel like having short hair for me is normal, that's what I'm used to seeing. Having long hair was fun for a while especially when it air-dried wavy but then it started to get frizzy. It needed a good chop and I was done wearing a blanket of hair. I found a hair salon with great reviews so I tried it out and I got lucky. I like the cut. It always turns out a little different which is fun. My coworkers freaked out! They forgot that I actually started with short hair. I love how light and airy it is. It's fast to do, wash and dry. I'm a happy girl!



In prep for the 4th I was feeling very daring and did stars and stripes on my nails. They turned out way better than I thought they would! I took my time and let the first layer of polish dry for a whole day before I taped and painted stripes. I really liked them although there are some bleeds of red. Just look at them from an arm's length and you can't tell!




My birthday fell on a Friday this year and Dan's company had it off as a part of their 4th Weekend. I originally didn't have it off so I took a vacation day for it and spent it for birthday fun! So on Thursday my work made me feel extra special with some celebrations. They decorated my station all birthday like and had a breakfast burrito bar in the morning. We had pastries, juices, fruit and an egg, bacon, sausage and potato mixture. It was delicious.



 I thought that was good for my birthday but they also got me a card and a tasty cake. How sweet of them! I felt extra special on the day before my birthday!



 The next morning Dan made me breakfast, blueberry pancakes and bacon! The one thing I wanted to do, which may sound weird, was go to the JFK Museum. I read Killing Kennedy last summer when we went to Canada and I loved the book! I'm not really interested in the politics but the story of his life and assassination is fascinating to me. Dan was so sweet to go with me. I've now taken him to two Democratic President's Museums (LBJ and JFK). We should probably even out the score..

Well low and behold everyone else had the same idea to attend the JFK museum on the 3rd as well. I guess they were trying to do patriotic things that weekend. It was pretty packed. The Museum is set up in two floors. The 6th floor is an audio tour in front of different posters. It has the preserved corner and re-creation of the snipers corner as well as a movie and some models of the shooting. The audio tour represented all aspects of the event as well as common conspiracy theories. It was good but it was pretty packed and slow moving.




The 7th floor has some art, a moving playing and another view from where the sniper shot from one floor up. The LBJ Museum had way more cool things to look at but of course I liked the story of JFK better. It was creepy and eerie to be in the same building where the sniper shot from.










After the museum we headed to Olive Garden (my fav) for lunch. I had to try their new bread stick chicken Parmesan sandwich. It is delicious! Love Olive Garden. After lunch we went home, relaxed, I submitted a homework assignment, opened some gifts from family and waited for Jimmy to arrive. I was spoiled and was given things from a blow dryer and lotions to clothing, candy and books. We bought a NINJA which is more of an 'Us' gift that we got with gift cards, but it has been my favorite!

So who's Jimmy you ask? Jimmy is Dan's cousin who we saw HERE in Nevada. Jimmy is a dentist for the army and was at basic training in San Antonio. His wife and kiddos are still back in Nevada so it seemed like a no brainer to have him come up and spend the 4th with us, Jenny and Phill. When Jimmy got here we went to meet Jenny, Phill and the kiddos at Hard Eight BBQ. I've been there once before and it never disappoints! It's my favorite barbecue in the area. Jimmy was pretty impressed and loved the food as well.

We went back to Jen's house and celebrated with cake and ice cream. I got my own little bundt lemon cake then we got assorted bundtinis for everyone else and cookies and cream ice cream (also my favorite) I love Nothing Bundt Cake. And if you know me, then you know I love things even more if they're mini! Then we went and watched the Coppell fireworks.








The next morning we got up early, had a good breakfast and headed out to Six Flags for the 4th. I got discounted season passes through my work and with that we got Jimmy in for the day for $25! You only have to go twice to get your money's worth for the season passes so it was a good deal. We got in early by bringing coke cans and spent the whole day on roller coasters. It was pretty warm but we wore good clothing, good shoes, lots of sunscreen and drank lots of fluids. For lunch the guys got their huge turkey legs. Most of the lines were in the shade and some even had misters or fans which was nice. I think the group favorite was the Titan but the batman rides were up there as well.







After a long but fun day at Six Flags we took Jimmy to Chuy's. We usually go to the one in Fort Worth but Southlake was closer this time. Chuy's is a casual tex/mex place but when you're in Southlake everyone looked so fancy haha. We had awesome food and the waitress even brought me a cake because it was my birthday! She said they usually don't do anything for birthdays so this was way nice of her. It was Tres Leches Cake which I've have before from other places.. but hadn't had a good experience with yet, but this one let me tell you. DELICIOUS. It didn't taste like soggy cake which is hard to do. It was awesome.



After dinner we met up with Jenny and Phill to watch the Flower Mound fireworks. They definitely put a lot of money into it because they looked awesome. It was the perfect end to the 4th!



When it comes to school I have a major case of Senioritis. When I'm off for a semester I always miss school and the learning but when I've taken classes every semester for quite a while now...I'm feeling pretty burnt out. I really just want to jump into my internship. We're working on a schedule because it's just about 1 month away! I super stoked! Here are some more random pictures.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January