"They don't call it gymNICEtics"

This week my dream as a little twelve year old came true. Growing up and doing gymnastics makes going to the NCAA Championships and meeting Carly Patterson a big deal!

There were all these little girls in line and then there was me haha! I'm pretty sure these girls were only born in 2004 when she won the gold. She was very nice and we got a signed picture! The line was short and quick too.

When I saw the college finals were in Fort Worth it was basically a no-brainer to go. It was amazing!

We watched Auburn, Stanford, Florida, Utah, Oklahoma and Alabama compete. We were rooting for the Utes.



It was such a close competition and Florida beat the Utes by .05. It was a sad loss but we were still so proud of how good they did. When we walked out of the convention center there was a big storm rolling through. We parked close enough that we just tried to run as quickly as we could to our car, but we still got pretty wet!

We also went out to sushi to celebrate me being done with another semester, yay! One more to go!

Dan and I went and played tennis one day and this is what happened. 2 hours in the Texas sun in the "spring" and I got sun burnt.

Deep lines already!

We've seen quite a few storms roll in these last couple weeks as well. This first one I was totally unprepared. It started POURING as a drove to work and I was happy that I kept an umbrella in my purse. To my dismay it was not in there when I got to work. The roads were puddling and flooding in some areas but I was wearing my rain coat. I sat in my car for about 5 minutes and it was not letting up. So I took off my shoes and ran as fast as I could through the parking lot to the door! After an initial weird look from my coworkers they commended my genius-ness!My pants were soaking wet but my feet were dry!

The second storm that came through was much worse and it started right as I was about to leave. We waited a bit and it didn't look like it was going to change so we ran out there to our cars. I never had a need for the bungees that make your hood smaller until today-

I thought I was home free when I got to my car but getting it was another ordeal! The wind flung the door open unexpectedly so I'm sitting in the driver seat wishing my arms were long enough to grab the door. I jumped up again, grabbed the door and slammed it shut. Within those 5 seconds the wind had blown what seemed like at least a gallon of water in my car. Everything was wet. Sideways rain is no joke guys! The passengers seat was even soaked.
As I'm driving home, another 5 minutes later, it stops raining. It was all for nothing! haha sneaky weather.

But that wasn't the end, the real storm blew through later. It was the most rain and lightning I've ever seen and the loudest and most constant thunder I've ever heard. Dan was working in Plano and they lost power for about 30 minutes. There was a tornado warning in our county but nothing big came of it. I just got a new fountain fixture outside our porch.
Apparently it's supposed to happen again tomorrow! I hope my car can swim ;)

In other news Dan is finished with busy season! Woo hoo! We survived! It was definitely do-able. I just expected the worse so I was always pleasantly surprised. I have started my new semester of classes and so far it's looking good. I'm taking Old Testament- religion classes are nice and relaxing for me. Money Management- I took this class because I love budgeting, making our money work for us and I'm willing to pick up any tips I can. I heard the work load isn't bad as well. And my last required class is Community Health Methods- It looks like it's just building off of my last class I took. It's kind of like a capstone class of how to bring everything together and a small ethics part. So far it's not too hard. 

I can't believe April is almost over! This means it almost May which also means I should hear back about an internship I applied for. They had a HUGE event the end of April so I knew we weren't going to have an interview until May. I really hope I get it! I'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. Hey Aubrionna! I messaged you on Facebook but I'm not sure it went through. If you send me your address, Tygan and I can send you a wedding announcement! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January