Easter and Weekend Adventures

This biggest thing I want to announce is that I'm DONE with yet another semester of school! Woo hoo! I'm pretty excited. I am taking classes next semester, I technically only have 1 more required class for my Public Health degree, but I'm also signed up for a religion and finance class so I can keep my scholarship. So I have 7 credits (which all the classes sound like they'll be easy... crossing my fingers) for my April-Mid July semester. After that the only thing left I have to complete is an internship! I have applied to one here in town and it's looking really good right now! I want this so badly, any extra prayers would be appreciated! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I want this degree. I want it bad.

Other than that work has been going well. We just had a new upgrade for our website and home banking so with any conversion, there's bumps and problems. With this conversion they've put me and another teller in charge of the mobile deposits. It's kind of a cool responsibility! So any check that people take a picture of through the app, I look at the check and review if it's good or not. Also, I caught fraud this week! Remember, if someone sends you a check for more than what you expected and asks you to wire the rest somewhere, it's a scam. Don't do it.

Dan is doing great. They're on the tail end of busy season and he's a at a different company every week. He work long hours and although it's hard to to see him as much, I know it could be worse and I know it's only like this through the end of April.

Picture from a run-some open land around our apartments.

 My mom sent us an Easter package, thanks mom! Lots of goodies in there

Why when you drop something must it always land face down? The woes of sandwich making.

Discovered this and it's amazing! Also the flavor The Tonight Dough is also top notch.

It's Easter!

 Easter baskets!

I'm getting better at this braiding thing!

As my hair gets longer I'm trying to figure out things to do with it (and if I should cut it or not)

 We had to replace the belts in our car. Once they did that, we realized we also had to replace the thing holding the belts! Luckily Phill helped us a ton!

These are a few of my favorite things...

 I made cinnamon rolls to add to our Easter breakfast feast. We went over to Jenny and Phill's and we had eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, maple pecan pull apart bread, orange juice... it was all divine and I ate too much. After that we watched conference.

For Easter Sydney got some frozen jewelry. Dan was such a good sport when all she wanted to do was to have Uncle "dan go" wear them. What a good uncle!

Sydney and her Elsa crown

In between session we definitely utilized the bubbles!

Later in the evening Phil, Dan and I went and hid some eggs along the walking path. It was pretty fun to watch them find the eggs!





I don't fill out brackets often... but when I do, I predict the winner!

The only reason I picked Duke is because my turtle's name was Duke

 I was driving home from work one Friday and it started pouring. It was the most rain I've EVER seen. I got soaked just trying to get from my car to the house.

 I told you everything is bigger in Texas! We went to our ward Easter Picnic and a family in our ward (the same family who brought all the cool Christmas decor for the ward party) brought along their army truck just for fun! I swear if you name it, they probably have it.

After the picnic we went down town to the Fort Worth Art Festival!

The live music wasn't half bad!

 Like most art festivals, there was some great art, there was some ugly art, there was good food but most prominent was that there was lots of drinking.


Kendell, our friend from college and his wife Jenny happened to be in town so we went to the Fort Worth Stock Yards with them! Dan and I haven't met his wife before and we hadn't seen him since... 2011 maybe? 


Thought this shirt was hilarious!

In the morning they herded the long horns down main street






Gun show in the middle of the shops! We eventually lost interest because we couldn't understand the old guy!





 Kendell found the shirt he had been looking for

 Afterwards we went to Cooper's BBQ and it was delicious! It was so awesome to see Kendell and meet his wife. I wish they lived closer because they were so fun to hang out with. Hopefully we'll see them soon because they live in Houston.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January