The worst week, then the best week.

WEEK ONE

This week was interesting. It all started to go funny when I took Dan to the airport. Wednesday morning I dropped him off and he flew to Utah to attend one of his best friends wedding. That night we had a relief society activity. One of the men in our ward taught us self defense. It was really good and I learned a lot of helpful techniques. It was going great until I realized I locked the keys in the car. Dan took the spare keys with him so I had to call a locksmith. It was after hours so cost us a nice $80. I ran a couple errands that night and the car has been having a hard time starting but I got home. 



Then randomly my phone started to act up. Random apps kept crashing. I turned it off and turned it back on then all of my apps crashed. I mean all apps and processes were crashing and each one brought up a new pop up note to notify me. I had like forty messages I had to click through to try to do anything. I decided that I was going to have to factory reset and wipe the phone completely. But then the setting app itself crashed. I had to google how to factory reset the phone while it was off but I figured it out and it worked. After it reset set a majority of the apps didn't work but as long as I could call and I had an alarm clock I was happy.

I went to work the next day and during my lunch my phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on. My dad came in the near end of my shift to see what was going on with it. I met him at the verizon store after work where they found that my phone was essentially a paper weight. They don't know what happened or why but it was dead for good. Then I had a couple more errands to run before I went home. In the Deseret Book parking lot the car finally decided to not start. At all.

I gave it a little bit of time and kept trying to start it but I was not successful. Luckily my dad had no plans for his Thursday night so he came to my rescue. Eventually we called my insurance and they went got me tow. Thank goodness for road side assistance coverage! They were super helpful and towed it to the Nissan dealership which was conveniently only three miles away. My wonderful parents let me borrow their other car so I could get to work the next day.



So as soon as Dan left, I locked the keys in the car, my phone died then the car died. We heard from the Nissan service center and it turns out it's the starter. It should be fixed by the time we get home.

Saturday morning I flew out to Colorado. It was an early flight, I was up at 4am. Dan also flew in from Utah and I met him at the airport. I think flying is fun, especially when when all I have is a mini suitcase and a purse. When you have lots of bags it's not as fun. We made it to Colorado though! We made the trip because Dan's brother Joe came home from serving his mission and was giving his report in church. 

After we flew in we went to a Rockies game. I've been to a couple and it was really fun. It was mostly cloudy but when the sun came out it was hot. This time we got club seats though so if you needed to you could go into the air conditioned box to cool off. It was nice! When the clouds were out it was the perfect temperature. Suddenly it started to rain and I thought I could handle it... But then it started to pour and most of us retreated under the cover where there was a bunch of open seats.










WEEK TWO

Sunday was really nice. Joe gave a great talk and it was so awesome to see family! On Monday we made the drive up to Echo Lake. We went on a small hike and then had a picnic lunch. It was beautiful up there and it's always nice to get away from everything. That night we went out to Cenzetti's. There are only a couple in the nation but it's basically like Tucanos except for Italian food. I was in heaven! All you can eat Italian food? Yes please! I was so full. Too much pizza and gelato probably.









Tuesday we spent the day at Boondocks! Go carts, mini golfing, bowling and arcade games galore! I felt like a little kid again. It was a little crowded but then it rained and thinned some people out. It was a super fun way to spend our last day in Colorado. We flew out Tuesday night and it was night to come back home and have a day to recoup, pick up our car and do laundry.




 

So now the car is working, yay! I have an old replacement phone for right now, yay! And we're both home safe and happy, yay!  We went to Red Robin one night to use my free birthday burger and then we went to Carino's to celebrate Camille's birthday! We also went boating on Saturday to celebrate her birthday! They taught me how to wake surf (I am so sore!) but it was so fun! Tucker enjoyed it too! It seriously was a blast, I think we're going out next week too. 




This coming week brings Dan's second CPA Exam, my final week of classes and then CANADA!


Eh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January