What's an Impingement?

I haven't blogged since Christmas/New Years because right after we got home from Colorado I got sick and didn't feel like blogging!

We did enjoy the rest of our time in Colorado and spent New Years Days running through the airport. I've never had to sprint through an airport before but there's a first for everything! The express lane to check our baggage took WAAAAYYY too long (some express lane right?) which made security longer. We got off the train for the C Gates at 11:38am and our flight was supposed to leave at 11:45 because all the flight statuses said it was on time. We were bolting it up escalators, dodging elderly people with canes, frantically looking for our gate. We ran right up to and found the door closed. My heart sank and Dan asked a crowd near by what flight they were on. "Boise" What? Boise?! "They haven't even started boarding yet" Hallelujah! Apparently our plane had gotten there right on time but unloading the passengers and the baggage took really long for some reason. Our flight took off an entire hour late. Well... that would have been good to know but I was thanking God in my prayers for sure. We did not want to spend any extra money on plane tickets! I would take an hour late flight over missing our flight any day!

What have we been up to in 2014 so far?

Dan has been on break... kinda. He's taking one intersession night class and is continuing to clock hours working on campus. His next semester starts mid January and it will be his last full semester of school!

He also made a spontaneous appointment at the BSU Sports Medical Center because his hip has been bothering him for a while and it's not getting better. When Dan admits that he needs to see a doctor, then I get worried because he doesn't like going to doctors or hospitals etc. The doctor found that Dan has Fermoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) with a possible labral tear. What does that mean right? In his hip joint his bone was made convex instead of concave. Look below at the CAM lesion.

There's a bump where a bump shouldn't be and it rubs bone on bone with his socket.

We've learned that this can really inhibit running but we're hoping it's not going to be an end of running for him. There is a surgery to go in, shave down the bone and fix it but that is our last option. Right now Dan is going to physical therapy and it actually seeing and feeling a great difference already!


What is Aubrionna up to?

I am still working for the best CU ever and I'm still loving my job and what I do! I just got another raise as well! Woo hoo!

I am also taking 6 online credits... I had a mini freak out the night before the semester started thinking that I wouldn't be able to do it while working full time. Dan calmed me down and reminded me of what I already knew. I'm taking the second half of Doctrine & Covenants, Medical Terminology and Community Health. So far I think it's going well and I feel like I'll be able to handle it. I also reminded myself that I don't HAVE to receive all A+'s. My GPA is good enough that it can handle some B's haha.

...

I seriously just tried to find pictures of what we've been doing and seriously the only picture I have is this.
So that's about it.
There are some more exciting things coming up in the future though so stay tuned :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January