I See Green

We had a great weekend! We went out to Texas Roadhouse one night because we had a giftcard, got a free appetizer and the food was bomb! We went to Taylor and Kathleen's wedding reception then headed over to a friends house for a game night. We went to my parent's for Sunday dinner and lost 3 times in a row while playing pandemic (that darn game!) And Monday was a paid holiday- isn't that always a good way to start off the week? Because it was our day off the CU organized a shift for us to volunteer at the Food Bank so Dan and I went!

Here is some of our kids making food backpacks for kids to take home

Dan and I were in the onion room. We were shoveling and filling 2 lb bags of frozen pearl onions. I didn't mind it at all. It was easy and fun. It definitely smelt like onions but that didn't bother be when I was there. When I got home though I thought hmmm my shirt smells like onions... I'll go change. Then as I sat there doing homework I still smelt like onions! It was giving me such a bad headache that I was like what ever, I'll shower and get rid of it. I realized that somehow the onion smell penetrated EVERYTHING. All layers of clothes that I was wearing smelt like onions. And my hair definitely did too. Haha who would have thought!

Monday night we went bowling as well! They were having a 3 games and shoes for $10 each so we went and threw down some bowling skills! Well kinda haha we were both kind of rusty. I think my best score was 115 which isn't too bad for me! We set a goal to break 300 collectively but didn't achieve it this time. Hopefully we'll get it next time!



Did I tell you guys about the ladies at work with the $1's? I don't think I did.
This elderly lady (70+) came into the branch and wanted to withdraw a hundred dollars but wanted it all in ones. Now guys, I work at a credit union. I see tons of different things everyday and have learned there are a million reasons why people would do this. Some senior centers have bunco or bingo nights and the ones are used for admission and betting. Or people want to give someone a gag gift to give it to all their grand children. I have learned not to judge. I honestly didn't think a thing of it until she says while giggling, "Oh I just think it's so obvious what I need these for!" and looked over her shoulder to make sure no one else heard her. She was going to a strip club. Ahhhh I didn't need to know that hahah! All I could make out when I realized what she meant was an awkward laugh and an, "oh... ha ha ha....okay... funnnn" I really didn't mean the fun part, it kind of slipped out. That's honestly not my idea of fun but I didn't know what to say. Bottom line: If you come in with a bunch of bills or you need a bunch of bills, I ain't judgin' you!

Along with that funny story the rest of work this wee has been going well. The most exciting part is that we had our annual IC's Awards where we recognize all the things the CU has done in the past year. We had the choice to dress up super fancy or to go all out with some green spirit. Obviously with the Ustick Branch we didn't settle for fancy. We went all out.

We decided to be the green army men like form toy story! We have a theme in the CU that we are saving Idaho so we were toy soldiers saving Idaho!
We made our costume out of green tarps 

We painted our faces, hats and our boots. 

 and wore cool sunglasses

 We won a pig (more about that below)

Here were our full costumes. The card board I'm holding is our little feet connect thing, we'd set it on the groud and stand on it for pictures. I held my sign because the front crotch in  my pants were completely falling apart.

 This is Kaelynn

 When we took off our helmets this is what we found. We were laughing so hard.

Team picture!

So at one point we won best spirit costume so one of us had to go up and pick a pig for our branch. Our costumes aren't super mobile and they were hard to move in without ripping. I was on the end of the row so I was told to go up and grab it. The bad thing was it that the front crotch seam of my pants had definitely given our by now (I didn't give room for my butt when making the pants) So I held the sign in front of my crotch as I awkwardly hobbled up the stairs and across the stage. Then I could barely hold the pig because of my gloves! I have no idea ho awkward I looked but my pants were splitting! What was I supposed to do? (oh and by the way I was definitely wearing yoga pants underneath) Luckily I'm sure no one knew it was me because my team didn't even know who I was.

I showered for a very long time after that. Annnddd I still didn't get all the paint off. I think my ear lobes absorbed it because they definitely look stained haha... oops! At least my hair covers that part!

We also got our family pictures back and most of you have probably seen them on FB but here are some of them :) They're by Jennifer Shiflet Photography and she did a wonderful job!

(this one is a picture of a picture, that's why the color is off)

(These are all digital copies)


 

I got a canvas wrapped print of this last one, it's my favorite! :)

Saturday we went to my parent's house so Dan could make his pinewood derby car. I was going to do homework but Kohls was definitely calling my mom's and my names! So we went. I had a $25 giftcard because my package was late that I ordered form Christmas so I bought what ever I wanted. That day it happened to be 4 different nail polishes (this nice ones) and more socks! I painted my nails and I'm in love.


We went to the pinewood derby/ service project and it was super fun! The sisters kicked butt in the car races and we made around 40 gift bags for Camp Rainbow Gold and their kids in the hospital. It was indeed a successful night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January