Two Weeks in One

I kinda forgot to post last week so lucky you! You get to read two weeks combined!

LAST WEEK

This week was a short week and it went by so quickly!

Sunday evening we had dinner and played games with the other Graduate assistants from BSU and their wives. One of them lives right in the heart of down town above some stores. It's a pretty sweet set up they got and an amazing view. They were all super nice and it was awesome to meet them.

Monday was Columbus Day which means no work for me! How did I celebrate my paid holiday? By shopping. I realized after I got home I kind of went on a cardigan spree. I bought three. 1 for family pictures, 1 for Ryan's wedding and 1 just because I wanted to (I had a gift card for that one though). I have a cardigan problem. It's probably because I'm always cold at work and need something to keep me warm :)

The rest of the week was spent working, schooling, homeworking and crafting (for me) at night. I've been getting ready for Halloween at work and doing somethings at home. It's going to be so awesome!

Pink Friday was of course celebrated at work

Friday night Dan and I went to go see the Cox's because they're finally in Boise again! Their son Aaron was one of my good friends from high school. While he was on his mission his family moved to California, but they're here this weekend to celebrate with all their Boise friends and family. His mom was always like my second mother so it was great to see her again! After that we briefly looked through The Village in Meridian and then treated ourselves to some Chick-fil-a ice cream. It was awesome. 

Saturday was filled with fun things! Dan was off playing basketball at 7 am then he went to play frisbee golf at 11 while I went to a friends bridal shower. Then Dan went to play soccer (notice a pattern here?) and I ran some errands. We came home to recuperate and then we were off to tailgate for the BSU game. ICCU sponsored this game so we got t-shirts, a tailgate party and tickets!

They had BSU cater dinner in the Box. I call it the box but really it's the Caven-Williams Sports complex with the indoor field that's right next to the stadium. During dinner the marching band, cheer leaders and the Main Line dancers came and preformed for us!






Then ICCU gave our some door prizes! They had 2 apple TV's, 2 Nike fuel bands, 2 magic bullets, two $100 gift certificates to a spa, a gift card for a night at Hotel 43 and dinner at Chandlers, 2 portable chargers, some camp chairs, a new grill and a iPad mini. What did we win you ask? Sadly nothing :( but the fact that there were so many great prizes to win was awesome. After dinner we enjoyed the game!


BSU won which was awesome!

Sunday was our friend Aaron Cox's missionary homecoming talk! It was really fun because it brought all our old friend back together. I haven't seen them all in so long so it was awesome to catch up. Aaron gave a great talk and the spirit was so prevalent during the meeting.

Aaron, Wade and Taylor

Brock, Austin and his fiance Justine

Kathleen and Taylor who are getting married in December!

THIS WEEK

Highllights from this week include:

Chipotle for dinner one night!


then I subsequently got sick. Oops

Dan went to Rexburg and Twin Falls with BSU professors to recruit for the Masters program here. While he was gone I finally hung up our photos.








The fact that Dan invited people over Friday night was motivating too. Then I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!They are DIVINE. Dan doesn't like pumpkin which means more for me! I brought a huge plate into work and barley left with 10. It was grand.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe found here.

- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp milk

Combine these ingredients.

- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour

Combine these ingredients in a separate bowl. Then combine with the pumpkin mixture. Fold in 2 cups of chocolate chips (I use semisweet). Let batter sit for 15 minutes (I think this makes it fluffier). Scoop onto greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Eat, Die from pure joy.

The rest of our weekend was good! Dan invited some friends over to watch the really depressing BSU game but we had a good time chatting and hanging out! I spent some of my Saturday working on some Halloween stuff for work... it's going to be awesome! I can't wait to post pictures! And Sunday we went to church with a friend Dan invited. I'd say that's a pretty good weekend!

Comments

  1. I love Chick-Fil-A icecream!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to the store right now to make these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January