Teton Dam Marathon!

Dan was gone for the past few days. He left Wednesday around dinner and then came back late Friday night. I feel so pathetic with out him. Seriously it's like something's missing and I don't like it. It reminds me of being single. Being single in college can be hard sometimes. Dan being gone gives me perspective... I love being married! I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Especially to this man. I am so blessed. And pathetic (although I must say, with this being the third time he's been away, I AM getting better... kinda). I missed him.

I may or may not have slept with a golf club to soothe my paranoia...




He was in Boise for a networking/meet the firm event at KPMG (that's an accounting firm of course). He and two others students from BYUI were invited so they all carpooled and hung out with my parents without me :( sad day right! But actually I'm not that sad because we're moving to Boise this fall so...

Speaking of which I'm oddly calm about. No place to live and no job (for me at least) and I'm not freaking out. This is a step for me!

Dan told me I had to get myself what ever I wanted for dinner as a treat. It took me forever to decide but I chose to get Dominos (cause I didn't want to go anywhere) and I got the best find ever! Hand tossed crust, white sauce, cheese, chicken, feta and spinach. Oh and wings. I really wanted wings (note to self for the future, Pizza Hut has waaaayyyyy better wings). It was quite delicious. I had it for dinner, then lunch, then dinner and then dinner again. It was only a medium pizza haha making it stretch boo yah.

One night I even like tried to enjoy myself. Ate pizza & wings, took a hot hot shower, did my nails. You know, being a girl n stuffs

At work I met this couple who were from Israel! They were vising Yellowstone and decided to stay a night in Rexburg before they headed out to Salt Lake. They were super cool. The strict orthodox Jews which is awesome because I've never met one before! I think other religions and faiths are so interesting. It's incredible to see a couple, in love, supporting each other in living their faith. They spoke English very well but it was very cool to hear them speak to each other. It was either Arabic or Hebrew... I couldn't tell which. I read an article not too long ago about orthodox Jews so it was great to meet one. I gathered up all the labels I had so we could discover which foods were kosher. I discovered our hotel isn't very kosher, but they were so nice and ate what they could while also bringing their own food. I think that would be a must for those that eat Kosher as a safe guard just in case! Also another thing I thought was interesting was the way they washed their hands. I have no idea if it was a Jewish thing or more of a middle eastern culture but they used a cup. They asked me about Rexburg and what country I was from haha :) I explained how I'm from this state but there's many states in our country. I tried to give the best picture of Rexburg that I could and told them how a majority of the people here are for the school. It was pretty cool, they were so nice!

I also got doughnuts at work the same day I met the couple from Israel. Mmmmm doughnuts

As an update for my dad, he had surgery on Thursday to put a pin in his wrist. From what I've heard so far so good. The procedure itself didn't take very long and he's been feeling pretty good since. Plus sonic milkshakes after surgery makes everything better right?

I've been trying to help (he really doesn't need my help but it makes me feel good by at least trying) Dan prepare for his marathon by pounding the carbs, pounding the water and taking freezing cold ice baths. He's had quite the fill of pasta, rice and bagels so he can endure the whole run. We've been freezing huge Tupperware containers so we didn't have to keep buying ice. That man is crazy. I don't think I could ever take and ice bath. It was freaking cold! He jumped in like it was no big deal. Hahahah...crazy.

You can't really tell because ice is clear but it's really icy. And cold.

Saturday was the big day! Teton Dam Marathon and it was awesome!Dan and Mike both ran it so we all drove up to the dam early and Jordynn & I cheered them on most of the way. It was a beautiful day and they did so good! I'm so proud and impressed with Dan. Wow 26.2 miles! He is a beast!



and they're off!









 This is what happens when you run a marathon

Jordynn & Mike

 Luckily we were standing right there during the awards and Mike got second place in his age group. We had know idea (nor were we really paying attention) Until his name was called! He got a big water bottle.


So proud of him :)

We all went to subway for lunch. Watching them eat was pretty funny because they were so exhausted (as they should be!) Dan and I came home and crashed and it was the best nap ever. That night the four of us went to Big Juds so celebrate. It was so good, I love their fries. Plus ice cream for dessert is ALWAYS a good thing :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January