Does this mean I have to say "Ya'll"?

On Sunday Dan and I went for a walk and saw the most precious kitty! It was mostly white with some brown and these bright blue eyes! So pretty and so cuddly and needy. Dan said it probably had rabies but it was so nicely manicured and taken care of that I'm pretty sure it was someone's and that it didn't have rabies. It was following us for almost our entire walk and I wanted to take it home with us.

As promised here are some more pictures of my Dad's adventure for the last week or so.

His helmet where his head hit the median
can you imagine the damage has he not been wearing a helmet?? :/

After surgery with his pins in his wrist

 x-ray of the pins in his wrist
If this was a year ago I'd be able to tell you exactly which bones the pin in holding together because I was in anat & phys. This only bone in the wrist that I remember is pisiform... for obvious reasons... I just googled it and the pin is around the trapezium and trapezoid area for sure.

Well like I've said, we have some pretty big news that I've been keeping a secret for about 3 weeks now. No I'm not pregnant so let's just get rid of that elephant in the room. 

Remember that one time Dan went to Texas with the school to do some interviews with accounting firms? Well three weeks about Dan got a call and received a job offer for one of the firms in Fort Worth, Texas for Fall of 2014. After a lot of prayer, fasting and temple going we have decided to accept the offer!

So our plan as of now is to move to Boise this fall and be there for a year. Then after Dan has received his masters we will move to Fort Worth, Texas around October 2014. Isn't that exciting!!

(a couple posts ago when we went to Red Robin we were celebrating him getting the offer)

I cannot explain to you how blessed and watched over I feel! Our biggest concern with choosing to go to Boise State was the small job opportunities in Boise itself. We were hoping to branch out and move somewhere with a big job market so there's a lot of room for growth. AND get this. We found out that this company wasn't expecting to be giving any job offers because these were first time interviews and what not. Dan's experience at his internship in Bakersfield was what ultimately helped him get the job offer. A job offer for 16 months in advance. They want him. Bad. It's not a coincidence at all that everything falls into place when you let God direct your life.

I'm so so proud of Dan, he's like superman lately. Getting good grades, getting a full ride for his Masters, getting a job at Boise State, getting a job offer for when we're done there. Hahah.. I'm over here like... I made cookies!... heh heh...

Lately I'm so infatuated with this song

I kind of feel like every song Hunter Hayes writes is pretty much for Dan and I because Wanted is our wedding song. Ridiculous I know but they have a special place in my heart.

One time I braided my hair once and it actually worked out
miracle

Lastly, I finished a book!
The Book Thief is set in Nazi Germany. It is the life of a girl who goes to live with foster parents, her relationships with the people in her new town and the Jewish fist fighter they end up hiding in their basement. This book is written from death's perspective. I personally have always been interested in books set during Holocaust times.
I'm kind of embarrassed about how long it took me to read this. It's not because I didn't like it. It's because I left it at home, lost it, forgot about it and took me a little bit longer to warm up to the reading style. But the funny thing is even though it took me so dang long to read, I never forgot what I read last. It stuck in my brain so good! And now that I finished it I feel like I know the people in it. I feel for them. I really loved this book and I found it an easier read too. I just floated through the pages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January