Nathan: 2 Months

 

Stats

  • Wears 0-3 & 3 month
  • Diapers: Size 1
  • 11 lbs 7 oz (27%) and 23.25 in long (60%)
  • Started smiling a lot!
  • Also starting to coo and talk


Loves
  • baths
  • his brothers
  • eating
  • diaper changes
Dislikes
  • waiting for food
  • laying down (would rather be sitting up)
  • not being held


General
Nathan is doing great! He is healthy and growing and doing all the normal things newborns do. I forgot to mention he did have an umbilical granuloma at his 1 month appointment. It took a while for his chord to fall off and when it did, it did so suddenly. His pediatrician treated it and it healed great. Things were pretty dicey around the time I came from the hospital the second time- I felt like there was rarely a time when Nathan wasn't content even right after eating. But once the antibiotics flushed out of my system and a few weeks later Nathan has been much happier and content for longer. We passed the 6 weeks in which newborn usually peak in crying and I'm seeing a decrease and a large period where he is content and happy.


He did fall from 50% weight to 27% this month but his doctor attributed it to him starting to sleep a bit longer at night. I'm hoping she's right and there's nothing else! I mean he's happy and obviously growing. He's getting to big but at this age he is my lightest baby-doesn't feel like it though when I'm carrying him all the time haha! She could also tell at the 1 month appt which side of his head he was favoring, I could see it too. Having Brooks have a helmet has made me determined to do all I can (if possible) to prevent my other kids from having it. So for the last month I've been vigilant about turning his head. It's hard though because he can just turn it back haha BUT she saw a definite improvement and his head shape looks good now!


Breastfeeding
Nate east every 3 hours and goes longer at night. I have been waking him during the day to get good daytime feedings in so he can have longer stretches at night and it's worked very well. Here and there I'll let him down longer than 3 hours during the day. He hasn't had the greatest latch (it didn't hurt me and he's growing) but in the last week I've really improved that and he doesn't seem as frustrated sometimes while nursing. He's chunking up real nicely!



Sleep
Nathan has always been good at giving me 3 hour stretches at night, except for an off night here or there or the crazy schedule in the veryyy beginning. Recently he's given me one 4-6 hour stretch at the beginning of the night which in turn gives me a solid 3 or 4 hours which has been great! After that first long stretch then he'll do 3 hour stretches and will be up for the day between 7-9am. We don't have a schedule of any sort other than bedtime usually falls around 8-9pm and during the day I got by wake times of an hour or longer as the day goes on. I try to stretch him to be awake 1.5 hours before bed but I have to work really hard for that.

For naps he's usually been held but I've been trying to set him down a lot more. He'll usually only give me a 40 minute nap in his bassinet but if he's being held he'll nap way longer. This is all totally expected and normal for a 2 month old. I'm going to keep bedtime the way it is because it's working and giving me a long stretch. For naps I'm going to set him down more, maybe closer to 3 months let him fuss a little bit and give him a chance to connect his sleep cycles. I will work on setting him down awake closer to 3 or 4 months and pray the binky doesn't give us issues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January