1 Month of Nathan

 

  • Wears 0-3 and 3 month
  • Size 1 diapers
  • 10 lbs (50%), 21.75' (57%), 38.4 cm head (81%)
Generally Nathan is doing really well! He had a bit of jaundice but it went away on it's own and didn't need to be treated. His pediatrician was so impressed his weight was so good after hearing about my 2nd hospital stay. Nathan was back up to his birth weight in a week and has been gaining wonderfully every since! Medically and physically he's been doing great.

When it comes to breastfeeding he's also been doing really well. Outside of the first 2 weeks he generally eats every 3 hours and maybe once or twice a day only goes every 2 hours. He hasn't done much cluster feeding since the first two weeks because maybe he will as he hits growth spurts. Nathan eats really well and I'm so happy we haven't any problems here.


Sleeping is about what you'd expect for a newborn. While I was in the hospital the 2nd time he gave Dan some good 3 hour spurts. After I came home and started breastfeeding him again it was a little rocky for a week. Nate was so colicky because of the antibiotics I was on even though they were safe for nursing. Once that week was over and everything was out of my system we've been able to have a slightly more content baby. He seems like he's a bit fussier of a baby than Carson was. Especially during the day I feel like he always has the binky in or he's crying. BUT I have seen an increase in time of him being awake and content so I can't wait to see more of that. Being fussy is just what babies do sometimes!


Now that he's a month he generally gives me 3 hour stretches at night, sometime less as the morning comes closer and sometimes he's just up every 1.5 hours - newborn sleep is super random. Around 5 weeks he did give me a 4.5 hour stretch which I don't expect to happen again but it felt AMAZING. We all love our Nathan and the boys are still smitten by him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January