August

Squishy face, post nap snuggles. It's a struggle to wake up!

24 Weeks! I think..

When you ask Carson what song he wants to sing... you know it's Popcorn Popping!

Dan took three days off in the beginning of August so we went and did some fun things! Monday I had a baby appointment and all is well with baby! The boys went grocery shopping and then in the afternoon we went to the pool and swam. Tuesday we drove out to Glen Rose and went to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. It's basically a drive thru zoo with exotic animals you can feed from your car. We saw a variety of emu, ostrich, wildebeast, deer, antelopes, oryx, zebra, cheetah, goats, wolves, rhinos and our favorite- the Giraffes! This time their store and wildlife center were open so the boys could pet the goats. We stopped there and grabbed a picnic table to eat our lunch.




Carson, "Duck!" Close enough bud

This was the car in front of us feeding it, I didn't get a picture while we fed it because it was a very involved! We stuck B out of the sunroof and the giraffe was soo drooly! He was in our sunroof drooling everywhere, we were feeding him and he was rooting around to find more food. It was amazing! So funny and so fun. The second one we fed was not drooly, thankfully but he was not shy about getting in the car and looking around. Both boys loved it and we all were laughing.
 No when we talk about giraffes Carson points to our sunroof and we talk about how he was in our car.

So happy we got to see Zebras this time and they walked right up to our car, so beautiful!

Cheetahs

We had a fun day and just relaxed when we got home that afternoon. Wednesday we packed another lunch and spent all morning at Twin Points. It's a lake outlet that they made into a nicer beach. They've put sand down, a dock to swim too, pavilions and volleyball courts. It was hot but cloudy which made it so perfect because no one got burned. We ate lunch and stayed well into the afternoon it was just a fun time. Carson LOVED jumping off the dock with dad and sometimes was almost too fast for dad to get him. He had a floaty on so he was alright. That evening we went to Costco for dinner (family fav!) and then did some shopping. It was an awesome few days with dad.

Dan found this cinnamilk at Winco so I had to try it with my favorite cereal. It was awesome but will probably give you diabetes.


Brooks wants a picture and this is what we got!

Carson has a recent obsession with cups and with gather all the drinking devices or feel the need to carry them around. The other day while I was getting ready I suddenly heard water so I rushed out to find Carson. He was on the step stool, filling every plastic cup he could get his hands on with water from the fridge. He was so proud and soooo mad when I told him he could only keep one haha. Thankfully it was just water and easy to clean up.

Pizza night! I'm getting pretty good at this pizza thing!




We had Stake Conference this month and both boys were still recovering from allergies hitting them hard (lots of snot) so we played it safe and watched the broadcast from home. However, Brooks still wanted to get dressed in his church clothes. He was the only one haha!

Grandma sent some new clothes and of course this paw patrol outfit was a favorite!

26 weeks

Brooks started Pre-K this month! We are doing it through the school district and we both felt it would be really good for him. It's only a half day, 3 hours and we requested the morning shift so we can still have the rest of the day to do fun things. Brooks has a late birthday and misses the kinder cut off by a few weeks, so he'll be the oldest in his grade. We thought just a small taste of school before he goes all day would be beneficial to him.



Because of COVID our school has the ability from a grant to offer all the kids free breakfast and lunch. Brooks leaves before lunch but he's offered breakfast. He loves eating breakfast at school but it is so weird for me not feeding him at home. I'm getting used to it and Brooks is living his best 4 year old life, getting to eat all the cereals I infrequently buy at home (cinnamon toast crunch, lucky charms, coco puffs IN chocolate milk haha!). He loves eating breakfast at school.


He was kind of nervous the first day and so was I. I went in with him and dropped him off and barely held it together until I made it out the door and out of his sight. Hahah the pregnancy hormones got me good and I bawled the drive home. Leaving him at the school with teachers I met once was so hard on my heart. All was made better when he had a wonderful first day, loved it and wanted to go back. Plus the 3 hours goes quickly. He has loved it ever since and I feel like he has the right mix of a little bit of school, is home before lunch and spends the rest of the day with me. 

Carson has also enjoyed some alone time with mom in the morning but just cannot stay awake when we go to pick Brooks up at 10:30am. He's such a lightweight in the car!

I had to sneak and get something out of the boys' room but had to sneak a picture of my sweet Carson sleeping. He's got his lovey under one arm and his puppy under the other. So sweet!

I started to organize the baby clothes and Brooks wanted to try on the baby hats so then of course Carson wanted to as well. These kids always keep me laughing.


Carson is usually very good at going down for a nap but one day he was struggling, just crying and crying! I knew he was tired and he desperately needed a nap so after I could tell he wouldn't go down on his own I went in and snuggled with him on Brooks' bed until he fell asleep. I was even able to sneak away without waking him up! It was so sweet to see his sleeping on Brooks' bed. He was a little confused when waking up but we got the nap in, win! Nothing sweeter than a sleeping babe.

School pick up again zzz

Like I said before, Carson is loving his time with mama and having full reign of all the toys and play things. Love this cheeser.

Ever since Brooks learned to ride his bike it's hard to keep him off it. And now that Carson doesn't just RUN when we're out front we can make it happen more often and play out front. Brooks rides his bike, Carson plays with his mower or other toys. Usually Brooks puts Carson in the stroller and walks him around which Carson loves. I can't wait for some cooler weather that will make these evenings out front a little more tolerable for me!

Carson BEGGED to wear one of Brooks' masks so I let him. You can see his opinion changed very quickly haha

Holding his own banana, so proud of himself

Dan and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! Kudos to the people who go all out for their anniversary and such but there year I didn't feel the need to do anything crazy. Hug, a kiss and a 'happy anniversary!' is good for me. I made us a chocolate pie which everyone enjoyed, it was perfect!

Now that Brooks goes to school first thing in the morning, when I study my scriptures my little buddy likes to sit next to me. Today he put stickers on his legs.


Carson has been here. Ok I made the playdoh balls but he's the one that lines them up. He's in that phase where he lines everything up and it's awesome to find evidence of Carson around the house.

28 weeks!

Movie with my boys

Licking whipped cream beaters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January