January

Brooks had his last two swim lessons this month. We decided to take a break and then see how swimming at the pool goes this summer. My only goal for swim lessons was to get comfortable with submerging his face. Aquatots was amazing and he learned soo much! He can jump in, float and swim to the wall. He honestly knows all he needs to at barely 4 years old. It just feels like a good place to take a break and see what sticks a couple months down the road. I am SO proud of him!

We ran in the new year with out HOA doing a fireworks show we got to watch (social distanced) from our cars. It was a great show and we really loved it.


How many pictures of Carson's curls did I take this month? A lot I cant tell you. Spoiler alert we did cut his hair because it started turning into a mullet but they will grow back and I hope these curls do too!

I got so be stuck behind this big rig that jack knived into the mud and got verrrry stuck.

 Just two boys watching the trash man!


Carson is a CLIMBER. HE tried to climb on the piano from the couch, fell a hit his lip and his head on the way down. He split his frenulum pretty badly and it bled everywhere for the rest of the day. After he calmed down from being scared he was ok otherwise. I just had to follow him around wiping blood drool all day.


"I have to read my scriptures everyday mom"

Walmart pic up fails. I didn't look at the weight but now I have an emergency supply of sugar. Accidental win?

curls!




More Curls!

I had to wake him up so I thought I'd get a cute sleeping baby picture. RIGHT as I snapped it his eyes shot open haha. He's so perceptive I guess.

It "snowed" in Texas! And it really did snow, but nothing stuck. All we saw was flakes falling around so we "played" in it and had fun.



Carson's hair cut! Dan spiked it up because even though it didn't look like it he really did have a lot of hair. It was getting loooong but it's so fine it's hard to tell. Carson wasn't a fan of the clippers but he was a fan of watching Baby Einstiens.

After

My parents came to town! I wasn't very good at taking pictures but we had fun! We played, read books, went to the park, the library, out to eat, the trampoline park all sorts of fun. I think the only goal was for Carson to warm up to them and he did pretty quickly! Giving them hugs and kisses.







Carson is a funny baby in that he doesn't like being restrained (car seats, held down for diaper changes, getting dressed, clipping his nails etc) but he loves to squeeeeeeze into these small spaces (under his crib, under the trampoline, under the table)

On Carson's birthday we went to the trampoline park. Brooks had a lot of fun! Usually Carson enjoys it more and jumps but he was just mellow this day. Maybe the reality that he's getting old was setting in ;)



That night we had cake and presents. Carson tried to touch the candle and is probably afraid of fire for a while now. He loved cake but you could tell when it was too sweet and he was done haha. He loved all his new books and toys!




Despite how this looks, it is a happy face, he was clapping.



 His 1 year check up! He was NOT a fan.


While crawling outside he bumped into his lip again and resplit it?! I saw it happen and it wasn't that hard of a bump so maybe it just wasn't healed all the way like I thought it was. Gave him a fat lip though.


Playing outside on a nice day



It was a fluke because it hasn't happened again but Carson opened the door! It's a whole other ballpark when kids can open doors. Motherhood is just learning new realms of panic!

 My cutest boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January