Carson: 8 Months

Growth
  • Clothing size: 9 months
  • Diaper size: 2 almost 3! Just using up the last box of twos
  • 18 lbs and 12 oz (56%) at home weigh
  • Has TWO teeth


Likes
  • Still eating all the things. He honestly doesn't care what it is, he will eat it. We keep saying, oh Carson likes this! and then we remember.. well he likes everything.
  • Playing with Brooks
  • Standing and climbing on everything

Dislikes
  • People leaving without him. He's always hustling to the door to come with
  • When I walk around a lot. He follows me like a puppy and gets mad when I'm making dinner and walking all over the kitchen. Right when he catches up with me I have to go grab something.
Adventures of tasting rocks





General

As busy is Carson is he will always stop and calm down for his mama to shower him with kisses. I cradle him up and just breathe him in! And kiss his soft chunky cheeks and he loves it! He lays there, smiling and eats it all up. He LOVES attention from his mama. He loves playing with Brooks and they've come up with games that Carson just adores playing. Usually some time of chase or another silly game. You can see Carson understands and instigates it when he wants to play. They both love to laugh and just end up belly laughing at each other, it's amazing. It's every mom's dream to have their kids love each other and be friends and my heart just melts to see them play together. Brooks is an amazing big brother and is so kind and loving towards Carson.


Sleep
I'm so happy to report Carson is sleeping through the night! I didn't have to so a lot of sleep training with Carson (I did some) but he's been such an easy going baby. I usually just go with my gut and I started giving him longer to resettle in the middle of the night to see if he was actually hungry. The times I would go in and feed him it wasn't a full feed so I knew it was coming soon. Then kind of suddenly he started sleeping through the night, yay! Right now he might get up once a week? I expect it to be an ebb and flow though, I'm not expecting that every night but at least 80% of the time.

He sleeps in his zippy with his binky. The sleeping with a binky thing is new for me, Brooks never did and I worry if I should be teaching him to sleep without it? Or wait until he's older? I'm not sure, I'm trying to follow my gut on this one but I don't know what my gut is saying haha! We actually have a 'schedule' now! We fell into it rather naturally and it's been working out very well. Carson wakes up at 7:00. He takes 2 naps from 9:30-11 and 2-3:30 then goes to bed at 7:30. I've seem to have gotten the wake windows just right and he usually goes right to sleep. If he does fuss it's often 5 minutes or less.


Breastfeeding/ Solids
 
After 7ish months of feeding Carson every 3 hours, and usually never on the same schedule every day, he is finally going every 4 hours and usually eats at the same times! He nurses well and loves his solids too. I nurse him at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm then he eats meals at lunch and dinner. Sometimes I feed him breakfast or another 'snack' during the day. He will let me know when he's hungry, he's not shy. 


Nursing is going better than is has in a while, it wasn't awful just right now is really good. He's less distracted, and will focus on eating. When it comes to solids he will eat anything we put in front of him. And usually before he looks at it too. He loves sitting at his high chair and being with the family for meals. He will follow me around and whine at my feet while I'm making dinner. When we're finally sitting down I'll say 'Carson, dinner is ready! let's sit down!' and he crawls as fast as he can to his high chair while panting, he knows! I sit him down and he's pounding the tray table READY. He freaks out every time I put a bib on him and squeals LOUDLY while we pray until I give him food. HAHA! He's such a hoot! It's hilarious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January