April


April started off in our homes social distancing and quarantining from well.. everyone! I was trying to get a cute picture of Carson in the mirror... then I realize Brooks is licking it. HA!

We did our first grocery order in 3 weeks! That's a new record for how long between shopping trips. We were trying to hold off as long as we could and use up a majority of the food we had and get creative then finally did a Costco delivery order. Of course the system is very over loaded right now and their 2 day delivery is now more like 5 days. I ordered Monday and got it Thursday. It came through Instacart and it was an awesome first experience. We had a great shopper and made sure we tipped him generously for going out in public so we wouldn't have to. So so grateful for Costco Delivery!



Brooks was so surprised and jazzed that suddenly all this food showed up on our doorstep. Then of course found the jelly beans first.

Before and after Costco. Yay!


Who doesn't love a nakey baby!


Reading books with my boys


I tried a new cinnamon roll recipe and this is now my new favorite! Here's the link, they're amazing!

Dan also smoked a pork butt and it was divine!



General Conference couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I know it brought peace to me and many others during this very uncertain time. It was a unique celebration of the restoration where a lot of new things happened. It was so wonderful to watch and be uplifted in my home with my family. My presidency and I printed off a huge coloring poster and door ditched them to all our primary families. 




I brought out this frog seat that I got as a trade in for the recalled rock n play. It said to start using around 6 months which makes sense because that's when they can sit up well. I decided to put it together anyways and I'm so glad I did. It's smaller than I thought and with my chunk baby he might be too fat for it in another 3 months ha! It's supportive enough and he has good enough head control that it works very well and he LOVES it. He's getting to that stage where he doesn't want to lay down all the time, he wants to sit up and look around.


We had a wonderful Easter weekend. I made Resurrection Eggs for primary a couple years ago and kept them to use for my family. Everyday for 12 days Brooks would open one Jesus Egg that contains an item and a scripture that helps tell the story of Jesus' death and resurrection. Because I made them years ago it was a wonderful simple and easy way to celebrate Easter all week and to teach Brooks. 


On Saturday we went and got donuts and dyed Easter eggs. I made Lion House Rolls which turned out AMAZING- the best rolls I've ever made. Recipe here: 
https://abountifulkitchen.com/lion-house-rolls/


Easter morning Brooks was so thrilled to see his basket and find all the eggs. We had a great church service in our home and talked about the resurrection of the Savior. During this pandemic I've had no fear because I know from the scriptures that this isn't the end. This will pass and life will return to normal. I have no fear because I know He is at the helm and is in all control. I have faith and confidence in His plan and timing.









We had a great Easter with my cute little Family!

Carson's eyelashes and Brooks requested this picture with his 'baby' in Carson's frog seat.


I'm very grateful for the Busy Toddler instagram account that has amazing ideas for kiddos. Letter tag was (and still is!) a huge hit in our house.


Quarantine is the best time to try out new recipes right? Double Tree cookie recipe (which has now become our FAVORITE) found here: https://newsroom.hilton.com/static-doubletree-reveals-cookie-recipe.htm. We also ordered a Christus from Deseret Book and in the package Dan snuck in a Lion House rolls mix! I had no idea they made this! Spoiler alert I made them for mothers day and they were so easy and good!


Carson's 3 month photos


When we lived in Boise I would always get the french silk pie blizzard from Dairy Queen. I haven't been able to get it since we moved away over...5 years ago and have been craving it ever since. It never occurred to me to make a french silk pie until Joanna Gaines shared her recipe for it. And since quarantine baking- why not! I can't even begin to tell you HOW GOOD it was! I kind messed up the recipe so it was a little soft BUT the flavor was perfect! It was amazing and is now my favorite dessert! I want this to be the last thing I eat before I die. I could eat this for every meal for the rest of my life. SO GOOD.





Tummy Time!

Fussy baby = wearing him and Brooks with his 'magic' asparagus. Thanks Bluey - if you know, you know!


Preschool work and tummy time

Dan smoked some ribs and they were so good! Like my mouth is watering just looking at this picture!

We think Carson may be teething? It's hard to know until the teeth actually break through. But he's chewing on everything, has SO MUCH DROOL, red cheeks, fussy, not eating well etc. etc. so we think it might be some teeth!

It got so hot one day that Brooks and I pulled out the sprinkler and played with water. He LOVED it and I tried to play as much as I could with him while Carson was taking his usual 40 minute nap.
More quarantine baking, this time pretzels which were so yummy! And some quarantine shopping, this outdoor storage bench.

Lastly I need to document my favorite story about Brooks as of late. Whenever brids land on our fence it's always been a fun game to run at them and scare them off. Brooks loves chasing the birds and I always cheer him on, "Get them!!" Well over a couple of days we saw that there was a dove hanging out on our roof in the same spot. We found it has a nest in our neighbors pergola and was using a corner of our roof to keep watch without being on it's nest. While looking at and talking about the bird Brooks says, "I'm gonna kill it!" I'm curious where this is going so I ask him, "Um, what do you mean?" Brooks says Dad told him he could throw a rock at the bird and kill it. For the record Dan never told him that and then I explained we don't kill bird and we don't throw rocks.

A couple days later we see the dove and as we're looking at it Brooks says, "I'm gonna kill him!" I'm looking at the bird still and say, "No Brooks we don't kill birds" He doesn't respond and he's oddly silent. So I finally look over at him and he's standing there WITH A ROCK IN HIS HAND ALREADY. I'm like What! Where'd you get that so fast-NO. NOnonononono! Put the rock down. Brooks. PUT. THE. ROCK. DOWN. We don't kill birds and we don't throw rocks. He finally puts the rock down and we've never had an issue since ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January