January (36-38 weeks)

36 Week Sonogram and OB Appointment


We had our last sonogram to check baby's size and my fluid levels. All looked perfect! He was just over 6 lbs which is smack dab average, he's head down and my fluid levels look perfect- all good news. My OB checked my cervix and said I was 50% effaced and dilated to a 1.5. So there's a bigger chance than I had with Brooks that I could go into labor on my own, we'll see! We did schedule an induction date for Jan 26th in case baby is like Brooks and doesn't want to come.

I've had maybe 2 contractions? At two separate times- they happened randomly (one while I was asleep but it woke me up!), almost felt like a charly horse in my stomach and lasted probably 30-45 seconds? I don't know I wasn't counting and maybe it felt longer than it was? I never had contractions or anything close to it with Brooks so that's new and unknown territory to me.

What's is my Hospital bag!

I packed considerably less this time than last. I just didn't think to use half of it! So this time I'm bringing for me:
  • Slippers
  • Warm grippy socks
  • Button down PJ's + extra button down PJ shirt
  • Night gown
  • Sweats and a shirt to come home in (LOOSE and all black)
  • Nursing bra
  • Toiletries (travel size shower things, toothbrush, brush/hair ties and some makeup)
  • Phone charger
  • Kindle
For Baby
  • 2 outfits
  • Swaddle blanket
  • Mittens
  • Binky
  • Boppy pillow
The hospital I'm delivering at provides diapers, wipes, a hat and blanket for baby and ice packs, tucks, dermoplast, pads, mesh underwear and nipple cream for me so I don't need to bring any of those.

37 Week OB Appointment


I'm dilated to a 2 now so we're moving along! I'm happy there's progress and a better chance I won't have to be induced. Although my OB said if I do have to be induced again it will be easier and faster than last time. I'm just happy my body remembers what to do and isn't holding onto the baby for deal life like last time! When I went in to be induced with Brooks at almost 41 weeks I was only at a 2 and 50% effaced. So here I am 3 (almost 4) weeks earlier in the same spot, good news!

I think I've stopped gaining weight this pregnancy and topped out at 23 lbs which is less than last pregnancy BUT I started at a higher weight this time and weigh more overall so I was trying to be conservative with my weight gain. This time and last time I only feel the baby on my right side. Never ever ever is he on the left side and that's exactly how Brooks was. Maybe I have a weird shaped uterus or maybe the placentas in the way? I don't know but he's in the same position all of the time, I always know where he is.

Last pregnancy I had very bad back pain where sitting was so painful. I don't have any this time which I'm attributing to all the working out and weight lifting I did between babies, I believe that's what helped. I do have more swelling this time which is annoying. It's not visible to the point where I have sausage fingers and kankles but I can see it and it's painful. It's worse in the mornings and I wake up feeling like I have arthritis in my hands- or at least what I imagine that would feel like. I don't bother with my wedding ring or any rings at this point.

I have been sooo tired this week. I seem to toss and turn quite a bit at night to get comfortable but in the mornings I'm like a zombie! There's been two mornings this week where I can not function. We eat breakfast, I put on a movie for Brooks and I sleep on the couch. Brooks is totally into it haha

38 Week Appointment


I was pretty interested to see what I was at this appointment. I didn't want to progress because I have some church stuff I needed to do before I have a baby! I was doing a lot this week with new changes, covering classes and speaking at a meeting Sunday night but at the same time I was trying to take it easy so I didn't progress. After the 19th, baby can come whenever! I'll start walking and eating spicy food! But before the 19th is a no-go, hear that baby?

My OB checked me and I was still at a 2, good news for me! Everything else looks and sounds great. I still have a lot of moment, this kid is always in my right ribs. I did have some bleeding/spotting after my appointment which is normal after being checked but it can also be a sign of you body preparing for labor, which I don't want yet haha!

I got to go to Chuy's for a girls night with some ladies from my ward and it was so fun! Plus Chuy's is delicious but I definitely paid for it the next day because  1. It's Mexican and 2. Salt intake. I'm usually more puffy and swollen in the mornings and I definitely was the morning after Chuy's. Not to the point where I had cankles and sausage fingers but I could feel it and it hurt. I was also crampy and sore from being checked so Friday morning I decided to take it easy and relax in the morning watching a movie with B, drinking water and elevating my feet. It defeinitely helped and I started to feel better. For the record Chuy's with my friends was totally worth it!

We had an exciting week of weather here in Texas. In about 6 days we had: tornados one day then snow the next! 81 degrees & 95% humidity then rainy and cold the next day. It's insane! It's January and Texas is so confused.

Brooks has been begging to get in the baby swing and since we found out it's basically dying anyways, we let him and he was in HEAVEN. 

Our first venture of ribs on the smoker, they were so good! Not bad for our first try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January