November (28 - 31 weeks pregnant)


How far along: 28 weeks (6 months)
Baby is as big as a: head of lettuce
Total weight gain: 13 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes all the way! I mean I can still wear non maternity shirts but I
Sleep: I think I'm starting to get to the point where I'll have to get up to pee once a night... it's coming.
Movement?: So much movement and I can tell they're getting stronger
Symptoms: This week I can FEEL my hip bones widening and separating. It's painful! I don't remember it being this bad last time, maybe they're becoming even wider? I don't know but my hips, tail bone and sciatic area are just so achy
Food cravings: I haven't had any food cravings since my first trimester. I feel pretty normal when it comes to that. When we were in Missouri there was one day where I just really wanted a sprite so I caved and bought one but other than that it's been pretty low key.

My mom came into town for my baby shower but we did much more than just that! Of course we played LOTS with Brooks, he had such a ball! And I got to get a quick hair cut, thanks mom! That weekend was also a special opportunity for my ward and the surrounding region. We got a special visit from members of the General Primary, Young Womens and Relief Society Presidencies. Joy D. Jones, the General Primary President was in town and pertinent to my calling (primary president) and my mom also happens to be the primary president in her ward so we went!

We tried to go to the devotional friday night but got stopped for hours on the highway for an accident. We got there, had to park far away, got the last seats on the back of the stage and heard the last 40 minutes haha! Better than nothing right? Then to make the evening better we went to Braums and got ice cream.

The next morning was a training specifically for Primary and it was very good! I took lots of notes and really enjoyed her and everything she said. We hung out that afternoon and played more then that night was my baby shower! I was excited just to have a night with my friends. We already have a lot for baby since we're having another boy but I was gifted a lot of essentials which was so helpful! Diapers, wipes, lotions, noise machines, swaddles etc. etc. My friends made all the treat cookie butter themed! It was amazing! Pretzel bites, fudge, buckeyes, pumpkin bread- all of it delicious! I'm so thankful for the friends I have here and how much they show their love and care. I truly feel so lucky! It was a great night.

That Sunday I also had Temple & Priesthood Preparation meeting so it was helpful to have my mom here for that too- all the things! We spent the next couple days eating at places that weren't BBQ, playing, talking and having fun! Brooks loved having Grandma here!


How far along: 31 weeks (7 months)

Baby is as big as a: Coconut
Total weight gain: 13 lbs - my weight had plateaued lately which is actually good for right now. Because I'm sugar sensitive I've been really careful about what I'm eating and making sure I'm working out. So baby is still growing great, I'm just making healthy choices and I'M not growing as much ;)
Maternity clothes: YES. And some of my waist bands are starting to get tight now, boo!
Sleep: I bought a pregnancy pillow! I made it all through Brooks' pregnancy and most of this one without one. However I decided to buy one because the pain I'm having lately is a lot worse than I've ever felt. I'm doing exercises to help but the support of the pillow has been amazing!
Movement?: All the time! So strong!
Symptoms: After telling my OB I can barely put on or take off my pants and the muscle pain I've been having she told me it's called Pelvic Girdle Pain. I've never felt anything like this before! I kind of feels like I've been on the hip adduction machine at the gym (leg squeezers) ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. That's how sore I feel and that hardest thing is lifting one leg as a time (ex. getting dressed and walking). It's caused by my hips spreading a bit too much and those muscles trying to keep it all together. It's totally normal and the exercises have been helping.
Food cravings: I haven't had any food cravings since my first trimester. I feel pretty normal when it comes to that. When we were in Missouri there was one day where I just really wanted a sprite so I caved and bought one but other than that it's been pretty low key.

Then Brooks got sick. Yes, I know what you're thinking, "AGAIN?!" Yes, again. Although this time I didn't find out by him throwing up red Popsicle all over her so that was a win. Before bed I noticed he had a small fever, gave him some tylenol and he slept all night but the fever was still there in the morning. I gave him some more meds and he threw them right back up. Same with some bread and apple sauce. It just so happened to be the morning Dan went into work late because he had a dentist appointment. Such good timing to have an extra hand in the morning while B was sick.

We kind of followed that cycle to trying to get some food or meds in him and throwing it back up. This round we always made it in the bowl- yahoo! And I'm really good at seeing the signs before he throws up. Poor thing was sick for a couple days which is unusual for him but he handled it like a champ. Although at one point he didn't want to throw up so badly that he held it back, it came out his nose and panicked and choked on it. That was scary for me and very traumatizing for him. To see him panicking to breathe was terrifying. I've thrown up out my nose before and I know how much it sucks! So that was definitely a low point.



When he was feeling better we went to the tree lighting at the Tanger Outlets. Honestly it was very underwhelming but I think B loved being out after being sick all week and the lights were pretty!

Dan took the whole week of Thanksgiving off and since I was 31 weeks pregnant we told all our families we're staying here for all the holidays. Earlier in the year I was thinking, oh maybe we'd be able to fly or drive... Now that we're here I'm so glad I'm not traveling! I love our families and miss them but the thought of packing, flying or driving puts my anxiety through the roof! Plus my restless leg and sciatic pain makes sitting for so long in a confined space sound so awful! Long story short, I made the right choice ha!

We spent the week doing lots of fun things starting with the Library! They have a program called 1000 Books Before Kindergarten that B has been doing and he finished! He's definitely read more than 1000 books but since I had to write them down, now he's done! We got his prize, moved his owl and went out to lunch to celebrate! We went to Chuys because Brooks loves the chips and queso (I mean, who doesn't?!)



We also went to winco and costco to buy things to start building our year supply of food storage. It sounds really daunting on it's own (which is why I haven't done it) but our ward did a self reliance night explaining the 5 gallon bucket approach. It's easy, build-able and cheap! The general idea is here (https://modernsurvivalonline.com/feed-a-family-of-4-for-1-year-for-less-than-300/)

Tuesday we did something we've never done before which is go to ICE at the Gaylord. It's a Christmas thing where everything is made out of ICE and they have different themes every year. This year was charlie brown. They give you parkas to go in the 9 degree exhibit and have a Santa's workshop land after. We had a great time! It was so fun and cool! Brooks loved the ice slides and my favorite part was the nativity at the end.












We did some in person shopping before and after Black Friday. We went to Academy and while Dan went a grabbed what he needed, Brooks and I were stuck at the entrance for the whole time. I didn't mind though, Brooks was in heaven! A Jeep, monster truck, truck, for wheeler, police and a digger. Toddler heaven!

This year we had Thanksgiving with our friends the Slaughs. We've actually been to their house a couple of years now. Brooks loves playing with their kids and their kids love Brooks as well. B sat down to eat for maybe 15 minutes before he was back upstairs playing with all their toys. He briefly came down for ice cream and then was back up again playing.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! All the food was so good and they even sent us home with leftovers- the best part! For Black Friday I did all my Christmas shopping online, it's seriously my favorite thing to do and be done! Especially being pregnant this year I have a desire to get things done so I'm not stressed later when I'm even bigger ha!

We spent our day eating leftovers and decorating for Christmas. I love this time of year and putting the tree up! Dan recently got a RecTec smoker so we smoked our first pork roast and it turned out so goooooood. I'm pretty happy about this purchase!


Comments

  1. I sent a baby shower gift to you. We had trouble at the U S border and had to unwrap and rewrap it so that explains the crazy look of it. The best part is it will fit anyway. Love ya, Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally got it this week! I didn't think it looked crazy, I thought it looked Christmas-y though so I put it under the tree to be safe haha! We'll open it up :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January