October (24-27 weeks pregnant)

I've only been buying Halloween costumes for a child for two years and I felt like I've always paid more than I like for a low quality costume. Then I found Costco costumes and Brooks picked out this fireman outfit. It's the same price I've paid for his past costumes but really good quality. I'm probably really late to the game but I'm discovering Costco has the best of everything!
I had to have him try it on early to make sure it fit for his birthday surprise and he wore it allll day. He ran around putting out fires, cutting down doors with his (plastic) axe and blowing his whistle.

Dan was out of town with back to back trips recruiting at BYUI then training in North Carolina. While he was gone I got to work on Brooks' new room! We realized that everything in his current room was more fitted to stay as the nursery and decided to convert the (bigger) guest bedroom to his hew room. I worked hard to organize clothing, toys, hang (free) pictures on the walls, order a new bed, sheets, curtains etc. All while trying to keep the actual reveal a secret for Brooks.


When we packed up and got in the car to go to The Great Wolf Lodge I quickly hung the photos on the walls and added some last finishing touches so it'd be a surprise for Brooks when we got home.


We have been wanting to go to Great Wolf Lodge for a while. I've been to the waterpark before when Brooks was around 9 months I believe. I was just Brooks and I and we had a blast! I've wanted to come back, stay and bring Dan. We were waiting for an awesome deal and hoping to find something under $100 a night and we finally did! It also just happened to be the dates around Brooks' birthday so it was just meant to be.


We checked in, got our wristbands dropped our stuff off in the room and hit the water park. They give every kid these cute set of ears but they had special ears with a birthday hat for Brooks and his wristband said Happy Birthday as well. Made my heart so happy to see him celebrated like that! I grabbed a picture in the from lobby before we swam and played for a couple hours.


We loved the waterpark. Dan did all the fun slides, Brooks loved the kids pool and slides, the wave pool and the lazy river. We had a wonderful time playing and relaxing for a couple hours. That night they had trick or treating (hence why I had to make sure his costume fit!) so we changed and went around the hotel collecting candy and stickers. Brooks had a great time, he loved it and eating his treats!




I'm pretty sure his favorite thing was with fire truck arcade game. We never actually played it because he was so content just pretending to drive it. So cute and so fitting with his costume!


We treated Brooks to a birthday cupcake from the bakery. He chose a starfish.


We looked around the hotel at everything they had (they have a lot) then headed back upstairs for bed. I forgot to mention the room we booked was being renovated so they upgraded us for free to stay in a themed room that had a Kid Cabin with 3 beds and a TV. What a fun surprise!

We slept and then woke up on Brooks' third birthday! We started the morning smothering him in kisses and singing Happy Birthday to him. I can't believe he's three!


Since we got an AMAZING deal on the room we decided to throw in a character breakfast because Brooks loves all the characters and mascots he's met at baseball and football games. Breakfast was no different, he loved them! He got to pick what he wanted for breakfast and of course donuts were apart of that. The breakfast was really good! They had a great buffet style spread with a lot of different options. We ate a great breakfast, got some cute pictures then headed to the waterpark!





I didn't want to have my phone on my all the time, I wanted to unplug and be in the moment but I snapped this quick picture of Brooks at the waterpark. We had a blast! Brooks picked our lunch spot, of course Chick Fil A then we went home.


When we got home we showed Brooks his new room and he was so excited and loved the Cars pictures! I videoed the whole reveal and it was so sweet. He loved his new room so much that he wouldn't take a nap, he just rolled around looking at the pictures the whole time!


After what was supposed to be a nap he got to open all his gifts. He's been obsessed with baseball lately so we got him a T-ball set with a tee, bases, a helmet, some balls and a bat. He loved them! He also got new cars- Mack truck, Mater, Mrs. Fritter, a sticker book, kinetic sand, treats, money and more. He chose hotdogs for dinner and loved blowing out the candles on his Cars cake.



  




Our next adventure in October was our trip to Missouri for a little get together on the Robison side. The day we left though I had one big task to complete- my glucose test. I had a sweet friend watch Brooks while I drank the gross drink (although the fruit punch flavor is much better than the others I've tried) and got my blood drawn. An a couple days later what do ya know. I FAILED. Yes that's right, I FAILED my hour glucose test just like I did last pregnancy too! Ugh I was frustrated! I was even mindful for what I was eating the day before (unlike last time ha!)


Well with that behind us Brook and I left to go pick Dan up from a client in Frisco then start our drive toward Missouri. On the way to Frisco, out of no where Brooks says, "Dada's working? He makes money?" and I say yes, Dad works to provide for us. Then he says, "Mom, you spend all of Dad's money?" WHAT?! I bursted out in laughter because well, yes I technically do but it's spending our money for the things our family needs. I told Dan when we picked him up and he thought it was hilarious too. Not sure where this kid comes up with this stuff but he is observant and smart!


We planned to drive to Springfield that night which was about 6 hours away. Everything was going pretty good until Brooks got car sick and threw up. Thankfully it wasn't a lot, I caught some of it in a bag as I LUNGED to the back seat and it was the graham crackers he just ate so it didn't smell awful. We also happened to be driving through a lot of storms and down pouring rain so we pulled off to a gas station, cleaned him up changed his shirt and got back on the road. I get car sick when I read or look at a book in the car and that's exactly what Brooks was doing so we think that's what happened. We were mindful about that the rest of trip and he was fine. Even watching a movie or show in the car was fine too. B and I fell asleep the last bit but we made it to Springfield and checked into our hotel for the night.


This was the first time we had two queen beds instead of a separate small room for B but he did so good. I was a little worried he'd roll off but he didn't move and I put pillows around him just in case.


We woke up Friday morning, ate some breakfast and were off to meet the family for a day in St. Louis! We had a tickets for the arch at a specific time and I was worried we were going to be late but Dan is an expert driver and navigator and we were the first ones there! It was an overcast rainy day but it felt so good to be out of the humidity and to have some cool weather! Dan's parents, all his siblings, their spouses and kids met at the arch.






We went through security, looked through the museum and got to go up to the top of the arch! It was a pretty tight ride going up and being up there but it was so cool! Brooks loved seeing all the cars, trains and boats from up above.










We went to Snarfs for lunch then headed to the City Museum. There are no words for this museum. NO WORDS. It is INSANE! Basically you have to watch this drone tour (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S0n5QIF7uQ) to start to get an IDEA of what it's like. However what the drone tour doesn't show is every tiny hole, crevice, or crack kids can crawl into, explored and find new and hidden places. This place is a freaking maze with so many fun places to crawl, climb and hide. For that reason we kept a very close eye on Brooks, it was busy and I did not want to lose him in there! He had a blast exploring and playing with his cousins. I think his favorite part was the train ride.








Dan has visited Missouri a couple of times for work and he's been raving about Imo's pizza so of course we had to go a couple times. it was delicious! Like seriously so good! The best thin crust pizza I've ever had.


After we were all full we drove the 2 hours back to Columbia where Dan's parents live and got all the kids set up and put to bed for the night. The adults relaxed, stayed up, caught up and talked.


Saturday morning we relaxed and took it easy. Sylvia made us waffles which I just love her waffles! I probably ate more than I needed. We let the kids play and explore, we ate lunch and then went to the pumpkin patch and corn maze with everyone. Brooks missed his nap and was not having it. So we let him play in the rocks like he wanted while the rest of the family did the corn maze. We ended up doing the short version of the corn maze when B was a bit happier. He had a blast jumping on the tramp, playing in the corn and on the swings, it just had to be on his time ;)













That night we had a rib dinner, we watched Toy Story 4 and put the kids to bed so the adults could all play games. So fun!


Sunday morning we went to church, came home and took naps (me included ha!), ate lunch, played, some went on a walk and we just relaxed! We had dinner and played more games. I was really happy that Brooks went into a new nursery with new people and was ok! He was happy to play with all the new toys and was great! It was weird for me to actually go to Relief Society... I haven't been in... 2 years I think? I've been running Primary! Anyways it was weird and not as... hands on or exciting haha!



Monday morning was most people's last day so we got up and ready and went on a hike. We went to this awesome place that had caves, a small hike and some more caves. It was cold inside the caves and fun to explore. Brooks loved it and I think most everyone else did too! Such a fun way to spend the morning. We went to lunch at a place called Como BBQ and it was so good! It's connected to a gas station so that either means it's really good or really bad, this was really good!










We went home, Brooks took a nap while some people packed up to leave. Jenny & Phil and Thomas & Jessica all started their drives and Joe had left with Erica Sunday morning so then it was just us and Grandma and Grandpa! After Brooks woke up we went to this awesome park called Cosmopolitan Park! Brooks loved it and it really was pretty neat! We played until we were hungry then of course went to Imo's Pizza one last time. We sat out back in the cool air that night and made smores. Brooks had a ball playing soccer with Grandma, it was a fun relaxing night.


Tuesday morning we packed up and got on the road to make the drive home. We decided to do it all in one stretch and it went well! No car sickness (yay!), we stopped at Freddy's for lunch and snacked until we got home around 7. Brooks did really well for it being such a long car ride and did great staying dry too! We loved our trip to Missouri and had such a fun time!


So while we were in Missouri is when I found out I failed my 1 hour glucose and would have to take the 3 hour test (again!). I was really grateful that Dan had Wednesday off too so we could unpack, do laundry and recover from vacation but also so I could go take my test! To my joy they also had fruit punch which makes it a TINY bit more drinkable, still awful though. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being last time, or maybe I was more prepared but after you chug the drink it's mostly just boring. The first hour I felt nauseous but after that I was just waiting to leave!


I got my test results a couple days later and I passed! ...But one of my tests was considered high. She told me what that could mean but I haven't talked to me Dr. about it yet. I'm interested to hear her opinion.


After we got back from Missouri I had a lot of things going on. That weekend was the CPA Softball tournament and our Ward's Fall Festival that I was in charge of. We went to the morning softball games and Brooks loved being there. We played at the park, watched Dan play, Brooks played with some friends and we ate lunch there. We couldn't stay the rest of the time and I drove home and put Brooks down for a nap.


Then it was Fall Fest time! Man this event stressed me out a bit. Honestly it went great and I shouldn't have worried so much but it's hard not to! Brooks was such a trooper being at the church for so long, setting up. I couldn't always watch him or keep him with me because I was all over but he was so good to come find me or play and he was so good! I even left him at our table to eat dinner by himself because Dan wasn't back at softball and I was restocking things on the food table. When Dan came I helped run some of the carnival games and they went trick or treating around the building. B loved all the games and had a great time showing everyone his fireman costume. Dan also won a category in the chili cookoff!


When I got home that night I was in a lot of pain. Shooting sciatic pain and shooting pains up my abdomen. I had totally overdone it and my body was making that very clear! I had to lay down for a while before it all calmed down and man I was tired. The event was great though and everyone had a good time. I was so relieved that it went well.



I got no pictures at or of the Fall Fest but I finally got a bump picture! 26 Weeks

On top of this weekend I started losing my voice. It was hoarse and raspy Saturday and Sunday but when I woke up monday I was SICK. Started with a cough and ended with cold like symptoms at the end of the week. I went through bag and a half of cough drops (the huge bags), a bottle of robitussin, 2 or 3 boxes of tissues and a box of mucinex. What a week! Honestly I was just so thankful there were medicines I could take while being pregnant. I usually don't mind cold symptoms but the nasty cough I had was the worst!


Brooks was so sweet that week, I spent the mornings sleeping on the couch and he was so good to watch a show or to play with his toys. It's hard to be sick and a mom, to feel that guilt but I was so grateful that B was so sweet and helpful. I had to run to walmart mid week because I ran out of cough drops (and they were a necessity and Dan was out of town all week) and Brooks was so happy to get out even if it was just to Walmart. 




Thursday I'm finally starting to see some improvement and Brooks wakes up crying. It's super unusual for him so I got check on him and he's running a fever. I give him some medicine, rock him and go to put him back to bed and he starts crying harder, he's panicking. I see it in his eyes and run to the bathroom. He throws up everywhere. Down the front of me, all over the floor (bathroom tile floor thankfully) and some got in the toilet. This is just part of being a mom right. However that night was bath night and because he had been so good all week with me being sick, I thought it'd be fun for him to eat a popsicle in the bath. Fun treat for him, easy clean up for me. BRIGHT. RED. POPSICLE. THROW UP. All over me. Not the favorite choice I've made but how I was supposed to know I'd be wearing it in 6 hours?




I cleaned me, him and everything else up. Tried to give him a different medicine and he threw up again (this time in the toilet yay!) I put him back to bed with water and a throw up bowl on his night stand and barely slept trying to constantly listen for him. To my surprise he slept until the morning. I was able to get some medicine in him for his fever at 6:30 am. We parked on the couch with a blanket and a bowl and snuggled. He had some close calls but he hates throwing up and was able to keep everything else down. He was mostly requesting toast which was fine with me! Poor guy was so miserable and just wanted to lay on mama.


His fever resolved that night and Friday he was tired and irritable but getting better! Saturday he was feeling great and even went to soccer. He ended up not wanting to play... but it was his last game so I was glad he went. We had wanted to take him to Monster Jam that night but didn't buy tickets because I was sick and thought he would get my cold. Well Dan scored some great last minute tickets and because Brooks was all better they went! They went out to dinner at the Buffalo Spot then had an awesome night at Monster Jam. I stayed at home and relaxed but it was so fun to hear Brooks talk all about it when they came home.


Sunday came and that was the next big day for me- the Primary Program. Last year I was way more stressed out and anxious about it. I lost sleep over it last year! I was so new to my calling and felt so much pressure. This year I was a little nervous about certain things but didn't lose sleep or anything. The program went great and the children did so well! We were so proud of them. We had fun snacks and drinks in primary and read comment cards from the audience of how they enjoyed it. It was a busy but good Sunday.


Come that night and suddenly Brooks' nose and eyes are running, then as I'm getting him ready for bed he spikes a fever again! I give him some medicine and he wakes up Monday morning with a hacking cough (the same cough I had, which I expected him to get in the first place). So here we go sickness round two for him. Poor guy can't cant a break! Thankfully after a couple of good night's sleep he's beating it much quicker than I did.


27 Weeks!


How far along: 27 weeks THIRD TRIMESTER GUYS!
Baby is as big as a: cauliflower 
Total weight gain: 10 lbs
Maternity clothes: Maternity pants all the way. We've been sick for the last two weeks so I've lived in leggings and sweatpants, so comfy. I can still get away with non maternity shirts.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping well!
Movement?: So much movement and I can tell they're getting stronger
Symptoms: Sciatic pain, restless leg, leg cramps in the morning. I've been sore from coughing so much.
Food cravings: I haven't had any food cravings since my first trimester. I feel pretty normal when it comes to that. When we were in Missouri there was one day where I just really wanted a sprite so I caved and bought one but other than that it's been pretty low key.

My sweet Brooks wanted to be in the picture


The day before Halloween things started looking up because I was finally feeling better and Brooks woke up in amazing shape! Way less coughing, sneezing, snot and a WAY better attitude. Since he wasn't 100% better we still stayed in but we celebrated by painting/carving pumpkins and making Halloween sugar cookies. Brooks was so excited.






Brooks on Halloween with his painted pumpkin

Brooks made the cutest fireman on Halloween. He was so excited for trick or treating all day! He helped make mummy hotdogs for dinner then when it got to dusk we headed out. He did so good this year. He knew what to do and said thank you or Happy Halloween. He only lasted around 20 minutes because it was insanely cold in Texas this year but we had a great time!

I already had this costume from 2 years ago so I thought why not. Brooks was tickled that I was his dog and kept calling me his puppy.

2 years ago!

Wow October ended up being a very busy month for us and it totally flew by! I feel like Halloween came and went so fast. I'm glad we're not traveling for the holidays so I can slow down, spend time with my family and get ready for this baby! It's crazy that I only have 3 months left at most! Ah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January