August (15 -18 Weeks Pregnant)


Brooks and I started the month out with making homemade pizza dough and heading to the library. On our way there I spotted this giant spiders web! I fell like that doesn't do it justice, it was a nest of multiple webs and it was as large as a basketball. Basically everyone's worst nightmare!

We made it to the library and Brooks got another book prize for reading 700 books. We celebrated on our Friday night by making personal pizzas! Brooks' actually turned out the best haha



DHG had a fun family night at the Ranger's game. We had a booth for food and got incredibly lucky with the weather. It's been so HOT and HUMID lately but it was shady and beautiful for the game. They were giving out a ton of free stuff like bobbleheads and this hat B got. He loves it. We had the best time! Brooks was dancing to all the songs, watching the ball, eating all the snacks.

This was also a significant night for me because it was the first time I had beef (a hamburger) in MONTHS and it didn't gross me out and I kept it down. I was about 15 weeks at this time. I also felt our first baby flutters! Between the caffeine I drank and my pants that are getting tight I totally felt movement!

This lucky little boy came home with a rangers flag, baseball and bat (both soft ones, yay!)

15 Weeks!

Brooks has been play tiny kicks soccer and one of the weeks they had their mascot come out greet the kids and take pictures. Brooks was just over the moon to meet him and wouldn't stop following him around.


Since I didn't get a photo at 16 weeks I thought I'd do a little Q & A about how it's been going.

How far along: 16 weeks (4.5 months)

Baby is as big as an: Avocado

Total weight gain: None yet. I lost 5 lbs in the first trimester from sickness and all the recent muscle I've gained (sad!) But since then I've haven't gained anything yet.

Maternity clothes: I've been buying some (there have been some amazing deals!) but I haven't needed to wear them yet, my clothes still fit for now. I did order some maternity garments because the waistband is uncomfortable when I sit and they keep sliding down my belly ha!

Sleep: I had a couple of rough nights but I don't believe they were pregnancy related.

Movement?: I felt my first movement the night we went to the Rangers game! That was right before I was 15 weeks and have felt similar movements since!

Symptoms: Round ligament and sciatic pain. The nausea and exhaustion has finally subsided yay!

Food cravings: I don't think I've written this down so I have to document it! First trimester when I was barely coming out of the nausea stage all I wanted to eat was french bread sandwiches. Preferably Jimmy Johns turkey sandwich. I've always been a ham deli meat type of girl but suddenly turkey is my jam. I think because it's more mild in flavor? Anyways I got a sandwich from jimmy johns one night and it was MY JAM! The thing I've been NEEDING in my life! And I also was reminded how my budget would hate me if I ate their frequently. So what did I do? I bought loafs of french bread (which are SO CHEAP btw) and made my own at home. It was heaven. I also wanted premade food and didn't want to cook anything. I caved and bought individual mac and cheese bowls and pizza hot pockets. These are items I would NEVER (E.V.E.R.) buy. But I was desperate and decided to buy what ever sounded good at Costco and that's what happened.

Food aversions: Obviously any meat during first trimester. They've slowly backed off and I had my first hamburger at 15 weeks. I think for the most part I'm good now!


Brooks and I were doing our normal chores Monday morning and were taking the trash to the cans out back. Suddenly Brooks says, "Mama! Snake!" I look and see this 3 foot, fat snake slithering in our yard by our back fence line. I screech and grab Brooks, set him inside and get my phone. No ones going to believe this if I don't snap a picture haha!

Thankfully it's a non venomous bull snake. Eats rodents and generally just goes on his merry way. Cool to look at from far away but yikes, not something I want my toddler to find in the back yard. Fun fact, this is the second time Brooks has found a snake in our backyard. First time they were teeny tiny ones though.

Brooks came with me to my 16 week appointment which ended up being SO LONG. My Dr. got called out for a procedure (totally understandable) but they didn't tell me! I was a little miffed that wasn't communicated and waited over 45 MINUTES for the appointment but Brooks was a champ and was so good. Once we got in we were in and out quickly and by then we were starving so... pizza date! There's a new place called Mod Pizza that just opened up and it might be my new favorite!

Fun Back to School treats for Primary reminding them to "treat" others the way they want other to "treat" them!

Brooks went to his friend Addy's birthday party and had a blast! I think his favorite part was hitting the pinata. They had pizza, toys, playground, candy, games and cake. B slept soooo good that night!

Some of his pinata loot the next morning. Also new McQueen jammies I found at Walmart clearance, SCORE!
 

17 Weeks
                                Now in 2019                                       2016 with Brooks

Brooks took a pop fly to the face playing baseball out back with dad. I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner? But we put ice on it and in 10 minutes he was good to go!

 We bought a beach shade for our upcoming beach trip and Brooks loved it so much he wanted to have a picnic in it. Then insisted we go camping and sleep in it too!

I didn't get any pictures but Dan and I celebrated out 7th wedding anniversary! We got a sitter and we went to dinner at Perry's Steakhouse in Southlake. We split the famous pork chop and had sides of au gratin potatoes and sriracha honey brussel sprouts. Hands down the best meal I've ever had. Amazing food, amazing service the whole experience just floored me. I also felt like an impostor in a fancy place because that's not a normal place I'd go but it was fun to be fancy for a night and celebrate us. I highly recommend Perrys!

I saw this huge frog when I came home one night

Brooks had his last soccer game of the season. He's had so much fun and has learned so much we signed him up for the next season. They got medals, fun snacks and we went out for donuts with friends to celebrate. Dan had to leave right after the game to catch a flight to manager training for work in Disney World!





My cute little soccer player!

I forgot to take a before picture but I cut his hair and this is how it turned out. He always looks so old when I cut it but we love it short!

We're ending the month getting ready for our family vacation to Corpus Christi! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January