July (13 & 14 weeks pregnant)

Brooks and I went to the City of Haslet 4th of July Parade. We got there early, set up our chairs in the shade and watched the cars go by (one of Brooks' favorite activities). He waved his flag and acted like he was directing traffic, "Blue car! Go to Library! Red car, go! Yellow care, go home! Go home yellow car!" A lot of people waved back to him, how sweet!

We live in a small city so I don't expect much but the parade this year was bigger and better than last year! We even had some friends come so we all sat together and had an awesome time. Brooks loved the fire department and emergency vehicles. He waved his flag at everyone. They threw out a ton of candy this year and Brooks got so much. There were really nice  older kids around us that made sure Brooks got his fair share too. It was so much fun.


After the parade they do fireworks at dark. Dan was just flying home from being at a job all week. We moved our stuff over to the park, starting playing at the park waiting for it to get dark and 5 minutes later Dan joins us! Earlier than I thought but I was so happy to see him. Obviously so was Brooks. We ate snacks and candy, played with friends then when it was dark we watched an awesome firework show.

 

 Through some friends we found out about an indoor soccer league that starts at 2! Most others start at 3 or 4. One of our friends from church was doing it so we signed Brooks up right away. Dan and his friend are the coaches and it's just a basics, go out and have fun, maybe learn some soccer type of thing. Brooks loved kicking the ball but didn't like sharing it with everyone else which is understandable for being 2! 


For my birthday all I wanted was to eat whatever sounded good and nap when I wanted. Being in the first trimester I was still experiencing exhaustion and morning sickness. Dan and Brooks went to the trampoline park, I went to a store and we met at Chick fil a for lunch. Then Brooks and I took nap. After the boys went to the pool and I relaxed, It was amazing!  Honestly it sounds kind of backwards but it was perfect, exactly what I wanted!


I told Dan I wanted any chocolate cake he could find and I was amazingly able to eat a little bit of steak for dinner which is my favorite birthday meal (when I don't have food aversions). Brooks was so sweet saying happy birthday to me all day, helping me blow out my candles. Dan truly made my day wonderful. Not just on my birthday but he's been so good to help at home and just do what needs to be done when I haven't had the energy to do it. He doesn't make me feel guilty or lazy that I'm so tired and reminds me I'm growing a human and it'll get better. He truly made my birthday perfect!


That night our neighborhood had their firework show so we walked to the greenbelt and watched it from there and I'm always surprised at how good it is for a small community. Brooks loved it but was pretty tired near the end and almost fell asleep!


On the morning of the 4th we went to a Ward Breakfast which turned out awesome. There was some cloud cover so it wasn't HOT until we were packing up and going home. All the kids ran around at the park and played together. Most of the time I just sat. I was not feeling awesome that morning so I was sucking on Preggie Pop B6 drops to curb my nausea but I just wanted to sit there and chill. At this point only one person at this breakfast knew I was pregnant so we sat an talked about pregnancy ha!


That evening we went to the Escobars for a fun 4th of July party! I made a peach pie from the peaches we got from Georgia and it was amazing! Seriously so good! I also ate a hotdog and didn't die (thank you food aversions). The men had a pin pong tournament in the garage, the kids played out back and the moms sat and talked in the living room.

When it was dark we walked down the street with some of their neighbors and boy did we have a show! Lots of their neighbors bought a large amount of big fireworks and had plenty to go around. Brooks finally warmed up to a sparkler then said he was done. So we watched the rest until he was really tired. It was quite a show, they had some HUGE mortars they were setting off. 


Brooks is apart of a program at our local library called 1000 Books Before Kindergarten. every 100 books he turns in his chart then get to pick a prize book to take home. I love taking his pictures with them! I think this was his 600?


We also had an issue right before we went to the library. I couldn't find 2 library books! I tore the house apart then finally just renewed the two I couldn't find to give us more time. I kept asking Brooks and he was no help. I was stumped because in the 2 weeks we had them, I hadn't seen them AT ALL for the last week which is odd. I was racking my brain because they had to be SOMEWHERE and realized the week before was when my nausea and morning sickness really hit. I was a log on the couch most mornings and that gave me even more fear- I was so out of it they truly could be anywhere.

I had already looked under the cushions (because I fuzzily remember Brooks shoving a book between the cushions one morning when I was sick) but had exhausted all other options I decided to try again. This time I dug deeper. I found a hot wheels car that I didn't even recognize (but B did!)




Then shoved deep in the couch I found one of the missing books about dinosaurs! I thought this had to be where the other one is too! I had checked everywhere in the couch and was stumped until I found... a hole in the fabric. I couldnt get my hand in there to feel around so I stuck my phone in to take a picture and low and behold there it was. He shoved the book so hard in the couch, it broke through the staples and went into the actual base INSIDE the couch.
I tried to get my arm, utensils and a spatula in there but had no luck. I decided to wait until Dan got home to pick hi brain about how to get it out. We ended up unhooking the sectional pieces, flipping over that section and taking out some staples on the bottom (less noticeable) to reach in and get the book. What the heck Brooks?! Hahah such a funny story, I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for that book- it was over $15!

Brooks and I took advantage of all the free food opportunities in July starting with Cow Appreciation Day and Chick Fil A! Although I was having food aversions and CFA didn't sound good, I was able to eat fries and a milkshake haha! Brooks loves going to Chick Fil A. Such a treat for him. He kept yelling MOO!




Double rainbow!


We then hit up 7 Eleven for 7-11 Free Slurpee Day. Not growing up around 7 Eleven I forget how much I like slurpees! Such a fun summer treat!

Soocer has been going good! My attendance was hit of miss depending on how I was feeling, thank you morning sickness. BUT I've made it to most of them and it's so fun to watch! Oh it's hilarious and Brooks actually does pretty good! He usually makes a goal. He get frustrated sometimes and just lays on the field, you know toddler things. But overall it's been so good and fun!


Pictures from 12 weeks pregnant. Brooks wanted to help.

 We were so excited to announce that we're expecting another baby! We're so happy and grateful for this miracle of life God has given us. We are also feeling so much love and support from friends and family. We are so thankful for all the well wishes and congrats, thank you all! We continue to pray and hope baby is growing healthy and strong!

At church they blessed a baby so during the week Brooks would get his 'microphone' (jump rope handle) and say a prayer to bless our baby. Melts my heart! What a sweet boy!

13 weeks pregnant

I thought I was mostly out of the woods but it truly depended on the day. I had good days and bad days. I've had a lot of headaches, dabbled in working out the days I was feeling good, struggled with finding food that sounded good. Other than those symptoms I don't feel or look pregnant. I'm hoping for more consecutive better days.

We replaced 3 of our tires one weekend and they needed to order one more. It came in during the week so Brooks and I went to go get it. A 20 minute put one tire on turned into over an hour of them not able to get it up to pressure and trying multiple tires. Thankfully I had snacks, toys and even the ipad for Brooks. He was being so good for waiting so much. They finally got it on after blowing it up to 3x the regular PSI but they got it! By the time we were done we were starving so as a special treat for being so good we went to McDonalds. It's not a place we frequent Brooks has maybe been there 3 times in his life? But it's a fun treat and reward. Plus I knew they had Lion King toys which he loved! Lucky for me I actually found something that sounded good too, win!

During the weekend we got to go to a birthday party for one of Brooks' friends! He loved picking out his gift and helping wrap it. It was a fun party with toys, water, sprinklers, bubbles, pizza, ice cream and of course cake! They even had a Lightning McQueen car Brooks got to drive, he was over the moon! 
   
14 Weeks! Hello second trimester!

I was so stoked when I woke up the first day of second trimester! We've a third of the way there, the possibility of miscarriage goes down and I start feeling better and getting my energy back. Well second tri welcomed me in with me loosing my lunch! For the first time in this pregnancy I tossed my cookies. How rude is that! I'm supposed to be feeling better haha! Also it was a very good lunch and was bummed I lost it all and then was hungry again. However over all this week I felt every day got better and better. I even had my first hamburger! I didn't LOVE it but I also kept it down so I'm counting it as a win! 

We ended the month celebrating Harry Potters birthday with friends (Tara, Maggie and James) at Starbucks getting butterbeer creme frappuccinos and shopping at target! We found some good end of summer sales. Brooks got two target stickers and this is where he put them haha! I love this boy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January